Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I remember reading a preview for Final Fantasy 13 in HS

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
My junior year of High School, someone had a magazine. Now I'm about to graduate college. They are sure taking their time, aren't they?

In other new I bought Final Fantasy X-2 and am playing it. It's just about as facepalm inducing as I thought it would be, graphics are too outdated and japanese to fap to. It's alright for a FF game though, and it includes a huge improvement over FFX, you can press Start and then square to skip cutscenes.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
kingcomrade said:
My junior year of High School, someone had a magazine. Now I'm about to graduate college. They are sure taking their time, aren't they?

I read a preview about Duke Nukem Forever when I was still in school. I also read about a game called Grimoire back when the internet was one of them new-fashioned technological doohickeys. Your point?

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
kingcomrade said:
it includes a huge improvement over FFX, you can press Start and then square to skip cutscenes.

The reason they did this is to drive completionists insane. Theres a subquest that requires you having seen every single cutscene in the game without skipping it in a single playthrough. And not pressing a button to skip the voiced dialogue while you just read someone's text.

DriacKin

Arbiter
kc, I would like to thank you for putting this in 'General Gaming' and not in 'RPG Discussion'

Kron

Arcane
DamedRegistrations said:
The reason they did this is to drive completionists insane. Theres a subquest that requires you having seen every single cutscene in the game without skipping it in a single playthrough. And not pressing a button to skip the voiced dialogue while you just read someone's text.
Holy FUCK.

The minds of azn gamers work in just the wrong way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom