Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

If you buy The Witcher you support the terrorists.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Jaesun said:
I was looking forward to this title... until now.. twitch based? bleh.

You were looking forward it and didn't know it was twitch based? It was told ages ago.

MetalCraze

Arcane
are you refering to how in the console ports the videos don't have lip syncing or what?

I mean dialogues that are 3 words long.
However according to codiciers Commander Shepard already took part in all 3 world wars, so this must have been very pressing on his intelligence.

Texas Red

Whiner
skyway said:
are you refering to how in the console ports the videos don't have lip syncing or what?

I mean dialogues that are 3 words long.
However according to codiciers Commander Shepard already took part in all 3 world wars, so this must have been very pressing on his intelligence.

I think youre misunderstanding here. You choose 3 words but Capn' Shepards speaks a whole line based on them. Its called next-gen and revolutionary dialogs, unwashed one.

Morbus

Scholar
Elhoim said:
Jaesun said:
I was looking forward to this title... until now.. twitch based? bleh.
You were looking forward it and didn't know it was twitch based? It was told ages ago.
Problem is, it's worse than twitch based. It's time based. :?

Texas Red

Whiner
denizsi said:
Problem is, it's worse than twitch based. It's time based.

How is time-based worse than twitch-based?

If there are huge dungeon crawls with puny enemies everywhere, it is possible that it will become tedious and annoying to constantly monitor the screen in full attention.

Kraszu

Prophet
The Walkin' Dude said:
denizsi said:
Problem is, it's worse than twitch based. It's time based.

How is time-based worse than twitch-based?

If there are huge dungeon crawls with puny enemies everywhere, it is possible that it will become tedious and annoying to constantly monitor the screen in full attention.

Sound 100 times better then easy filler combat that could be used instead, or not so easy twitch based combat that would require fast smashing of keyboard. It doesn't get tedious for me to play fps from time to time, but playing game whit mostly click & wait filler combat (like Dungeon Siege) become boring very fast for me.

Blacklung

Arbiter
The geological, topographical, theological pancake
He is the eternal shepherd, leading his flock through danger. It's a sign of the second coming guys! Don't you see? Shepherd is Jesus and this is the form he comes to us in! We must play all games with Shephard in them and look for the signs of the imminent apocalypse!

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
please don't suck, please don't suck, please don't suck, please don't suck, please don't suck,...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom