Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

If you could have amnesia...

fastpunk

Arbiter
Yup, Planescape: Torment would be the choice. When you say amnesia to an RPG player it's obvious what he's going to think of first. :roll:

Müg

Scholar
The Longest Journey, if I'm confined to RPGs, Torment I suppose.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
I don't know, so many great rpgs. I'll have to go with Doom.

In before retardo. hahahahaah

DiverNB

Liturgist
Doom eh? Any specific reasons as to why?

I'm not limiting this to JUST RPG's either. Whatever game you want.

I think Morrowind would be my 2nd.

Sure, it's a railroad, and dumbed down skills and all that nice stuff, but I remember sitting and playing it for hours upon hours searching tombs for treasures and unique artifacts.

Nothing was better than randomly finding Chrysamere or Eleidon's Ward. It may not have been as big as Daggerfall, but I still think there was a lot of worthwhile exploration contained in Morrowind. Even if the environments did contain a lot of brown.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
DiverNB said:
Doom eh? Any specific reasons as to why?

Because its, like, fucking AWESOME, dude!!! I fucking remember picking up that controller and fucking wham! wham! wham! Just blazing through bitches like a cowboy surfer dude from hell. Now thats fucking roleplaying!!! I never felt so immersed or like I was the role, it was totally tubular.

psycojester

Arbiter
Personally i'd love to be able to redo Monkey Island without every single joke and solution already squirreled away inside my skull.

NiM82

Prophet
For RPG's: System Shock 2 and Fallout1.

For non RPG's: Beneath a Steel Sky and AVP2.

Müg

Scholar
Oh hell, might as well add in every decent-good adventure game, especially the Myst series.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
psycojester said:
Personally i'd love to be able to redo Monkey Island without every single joke and solution already squirreled away inside my skull.

I'd love so, too. The jokes are slowly growing old after the 10th time.
Also, pretty much all other Lucas Arts adventure games, too. From Maniac Mansion to Monkey Island 4. All of them. Now that would be great.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom