Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview IGN certain Dungeon Siege II won't suck

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Dungeon Siege 2; Gas Powered Games

<a href=http://www.ign.com>IGN</a> have written a <a href=http://pc.ign.com/articles/600/600949p1.html>preview</a> of Gas Powered Games' action RPG sequel Dungeon Siege II based on some playtime they got with the upcoming game.<blockquote>This is just a taster of what's to come, because certain developments will cause an early detour. You'll also be dealing with the stigma of being a mercenary, which I found interesting. In fact, if the voice acting was better, I could probably get into what's going on. As it stands, I felt the urge to skip through most of the dialogue. And it's good to know you can skip right through it and refer to your journal for the important stuff. You don't have to talk to everyone, since DSII uses a World of Warcraft-style quest system, where a quest giver will use the yellow question and exclamation marks floating above his head to notify the player. While not exactly original, it's quite useful for those of use who want to get to the dungeon hacking.</blockquote>Oh, good, a plot-skipper option. Maybe they could have a "super fast play" mode where you get to skip all the walking as well and they just teleport you from batch of enemies to batch of enemies?

Slaytanic

Educated
Yeah Dungeon Siege is teh bomb !!!1
Can't wait to play DunGEONSIEGE 2!
IT'll be the most l33t game evah!

The first game sucked. And I really think the next one will suck just as much.
But it's ok, people need sucky games to appreciate cool ones :) .

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
The game would be better off if you could just skip past the tedious battles as well.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Impotent Gaming Noobs said:
<. You don't have to talk to everyone, since DSII uses a World of Warcraft-style quest system, where a quest giver will use the yellow question and exclamation marks floating above his head to notify the player.
Yeah, WoW-style... ripped off from Sacred.

Slaytanic

Educated
Hey WoW is much more popular then Sacred. So wtf.
It's obvious Sacred stole it !!!

Fez

Erudite
Plot-skipping options? Sounds like a hentai game.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
:lol: Well Dungeon Siege does pretty much allow for a hands free mode.

obediah

Erudite
FireWolf said:
Give me just the cutscenes.

I'm pretty sure that was what you got in dungeon siege.

I always though dungeon siege was like setti@home or folding@home for small group tactics. You just turn it on and it runs through countless ways to attack a foozle, and sent the results to home base and gave you a screensaver. Since any good search algorithm has parameters, you could move some sliders around and withold potions.

Stark

Liturgist
reading through the preview there's no mention of dialog options. I'm not hopeful there will be one where dialog actually matters.

i hope it tanks hard. we do not need anymore shitty action crpg.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Well, Stark, if it's a good game, I'd want it to succeed. Otherwise, I agree with you.

By the way, there are dialogue options, according to other interviews.

Stark

Liturgist
Exitium said:
Well, Stark, if it's a good game, I'd want it to succeed. Otherwise, I agree with you.

By the way, there are dialogue options, according to other interviews.

I know there are dialog options. what i don't know is if the options actually matter. there's the gameplay video released sometime ago and i downloaded it. the dialog options offered was very simplistic. it was the option to utter the password to the guards and gain entrance (which the demo did), failing which i assume would result in some fights with guards and then gain entrance anyway. that sort of no-brainer dialog options in demo do not inspire much confidence in me.

Saran

Scholar
Ahh well, looks like another piece of overhyped shit, shame really, i didnt find the first one all that bad compared to other hack n' slashers i have tried, i guess ill wait for the demo to appear on PC Gamers DVD, but from what Stark has said it appears as if it will be nothing more than Dungeon Siege: With shinier graphics and more VO's provided by drunken hobos we found on the street.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
I am surprised how many people bring up stupid, obvious "features" as SOMETHING. Oh my God, George, look, that one has an exclamation mark..oh my God..its something.. The same applies for that dtupid crawler DungeonLords as well ("totally original! you can SAVE your skillpoints and use them later!!111!!!OMG!")

I had some slight hope DS2 would be something more not-screensaverish, smth more immersive and interactive, but crap they forward as features does really suck.

Fresh

Erudite
space captain said:
maybe they can put a "little sword" icon over every creature you should attack, and a "worthless window dressing" icon above all the other crap - then make each door you are supposed to walk through GLOW WITH GOLDEN ENERGY

Oh yeah, golden MYSTICALL SECRIT energy! This game gonna ROXXOR!!111!!!!!!!1~~1!!``!! LOLLOLOLLOLOLlOoLLOlollLLl u n00b

LlamaGod

Cipher
Elwro said:
<. You don't have to talk to everyone, since DSII uses a World of Warcraft-style quest system, where a quest giver will use the yellow question and exclamation marks floating above his head to notify the player.

Which got it from Diablo 2...

Point is, it's older then dinosaurs to have NPC quest indicators but shitheads love them some WOW just like shitheads love them some Dungeon Siege.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
LlamaGod said:
Elwro said:

Which got it from Diablo 2...

Diablo 2 didn't have the quest compass arrow, n00b.

bryce777

Erudite
obediah said:
FireWolf said:
Give me just the cutscenes.

I'm pretty sure that was what you got in dungeon siege.

I always though dungeon siege was like setti@home or folding@home for small group tactics. You just turn it on and it runs through countless ways to attack a foozle, and sent the results to home base and gave you a screensaver. Since any good search algorithm has parameters, you could move some sliders around and withold potions.

LOL

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom