Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview IGN previews Gothic 3

whatusername

Scholar
It's not going to be as bad like Oblivion. I think it's going to be something like Daggerfall.

Kraszu

Prophet
Kenneybounces said:
I guess you guys didn't hear about gothic 3's "genious!" gameplay design?

They're making creatures autolevel just like bethesda. =(

No some npc will level not whit you throught, most monsters will have static level.

As for the video ai it is obvious that is wasn't finished in some like trolls didn't atack there is no reason to think that they worked on game 4-5 years to relase game whit ai that don't atack it is they third game anyway.

Twinfalls

Erudite
deus said:
It does suck that of the few fitting voices, pony-tail guy's, is being replaced by Crispin Freeman in G3.

This sucks major donkey's. Nameless dude's voice was good and manly (he reminded me a little of Garrett from Thief), and I've identified with it. I liked it, I'm used to it, and I'm sure plenty of others are.

Crispin whatever has a whole heap of anime to his name, and looks like a right ponce. Can anyone verify that this guy:

crispin_freeman_full2.jpg

actually sounds decently enough like our Nameless Hero?

Twinfalls

Erudite
Vault Dweller said:
However, these games had a certain quality, and it's nice to see that the developers are sticking and improving what made those games well loved.

There are many, many fine things about this series, but hands down the best was the entire opening phase of Gothic 1. Being thrust into the harsh Old Camp as a weak, powerless rube who gets abused, pushed around and has to job and favour his way up with NPCs with memories, was magnificent and a reason Gothic 1 will enter the list of classics.

The second didn't seem to have as much of this, you weren't right down the bottom for anywhere near as long from memory.

Bradylama

Arcane
Crispin Freeman certainly can sound manly enough. He makes for a better psychopath (Albedo-Xenosaga) so if the nameless hero has any evil dialogue he'll be able to perform it with gusto.

TheGreatGodPan

Arbiter
Twinfalls said:
Nameless dude's voice was good and manly (he reminded me a little of Garrett from Thief), and I've identified with it.
A small nugget of info regarding Twinfalls is now out: either it is a dude or a rather butch woman. Sure, many suspected as much, but now there is confirmation straight from the horse's mouth.

Some people say the voice acting in Gothic 2 is horrible, but it seems alright to me so far.

Bradylama

Arcane
I thought it was spotty, myself. Some VAs did a better job than others, and it's like getting fish-slapped when you come across a character that sounds awful.

Paranoid Jack

Scholar
Gothic 3 Dated?

http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board. ... adid=69780

Well since they just announced the European release as October the 13th it appear we may be able to play this game before the end or the year. I'm not sure it will be available in NA except as a UK or European import but the UK version will most likely be the same as the NA release anyway(except the packaging of course).

Hope they don't bugger it up again and take six months to a year to release the NA version for the masses.

Of course letting the Europeans beta test it and help squash some bugs is always good too. :)

suibhne

Erudite
Kenneybounces said:
I guess you guys didn't hear about gothic 3's "genious!" gameplay design?

They're making creatures autolevel just like bethesda. =(

Wow you're last quarter's news.

TheGreatGodPan

Arbiter
Twinfalls said:
You just keep sleuthing away there, Poirot.
Poirot? You flatter. I think I'm more in the vein of a different investigator.
tintin_01.GIF

Speaking of which, whatever happened to your old sparring partner?

Twinfalls

Erudite
nooooooooo......

pun aside, tintin truly was a master baiter :saludo:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom