Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ignore option please?

Avé

Liturgist
Dunno if it requires much modding, but would be nice to have.

Avé

Liturgist
Volourn, you, Naked_Lunch(in that order).

Although volo posts less thesedays.

obediah

Erudite
boo! no ignore features.

The codex is one big loving package, if you want to ignore one of us, ignore us all - i.e. go away.

Spazmo

Erudite
Magic eight ball says: don't count on it. An ignore user feature is of dubious use because if a user's posts are so annoying come so often that you can't ignore them, then any thread they're in will probably revolve around those posts you want to ignore, so you'd just be missing half of a pointless discussion. No, if you want to stop reading Volourn's posts, your best bet is either to avoid any and all threads involving BioWare or to take a trip down to Lakeshore Drive with a baseball bat.

Avé

Liturgist
Spazmo said:
Magic eight ball says: don't count on it. An ignore user feature is of dubious use because if a user's posts are so annoying come so often that you can't ignore them, then any thread they're in will probably revolve around those posts you want to ignore, so you'd just be missing half of a pointless discussion. No, if you want to stop reading Volourn's posts, your best bet is either to avoid any and all threads involving BioWare or to take a trip down to Lakeshore Drive with a baseball bat.
Well, I already breeze over those posts, just an ignore option would make it easier/neater.

As anyone can see from my postcount, I dont post that often(and in the past 8 months, even less so) but I do browse most threads posted on the forum.

LlamaGod

Cipher
Naked_Lunch has more posts than you so that means he is a better person, so shut up

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Hey, I have more posts than LlamaGod.
aiee.gif

Balor

Arcane
I think anyone who wants an ignore option at the Codex already have one he REALLY needs.

I'm talking about deleting it from bookmarks and forgetting the URL.

Calis

Pensionado
There's a Greasemonkey thing that allows you to ignore users. Use that if you really need to. I have it installed, but I never use it.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Yeah, I don't think we're going to start including options to ignore users. I mean, let us get around to doing that ignore embedded images thing first. Plus if you're ignoring users, it's usually just better to insult them. Use lots of big words too.

Avé

Liturgist
Balor said:
I think anyone who wants an ignore option at the Codex already have one he REALLY needs.

I'm talking about deleting it from bookmarks and forgetting the URL.
I think anyone who needs to post such stupid nosensical tripe needs to delete codex from his bookmarks and forget the url.

HEY MA, I CAN DO IT TOO!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom