Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

IGN's top 100 rpgs OF ALL TIME

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I've only gone through a couple which were all wapanese shit.

But let me guess: 80% JRPGs, 19% ARPGs, 1% old RPGs so they pretend the list is valid and Skyrim as number 1.

TripJack

Hedonist
you can tell how good it's going to be just from the banner
rpgs_cover.jpg

oo yea stick it in deeper baby

Commander Xbox

Learned
you know this list is gonna be good when mario is in the banner son

oh apparently they release 20 new ones each day, cant wait to see number 1

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
Diablo 3, Fable, Jade Empire???

Shit is hilarious.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I only know Mario and that Skyrim dude on this banner. :< Who the fuck are the others?
Or wait no, I don't want to know.

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
I call Mass Effect 3 on the 1st place.

I call it.

Skyrim on the 2nd.

TripJack

Hedonist
you dont recognize poor jon irenicus holding some animu cartoon blob character?

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
you dont recognize poor jon irenicus holding some animu cartoon blob character?

Ah, that is true. I have to be honest here and don't remember much of his looks, and if, at all, I only remember this portrait here

Jon_Irenicus.jpg

NecrosD

Novice
Shit list will be shit I call Skyrimjob and Mass Deffect 3 will make the top 10. Also all Mass Deffects will make the list but will be slightly spaced over the list to give it slightly more credibillity. Oblivion will probably make the top 20 if not top 10.

mondblut

Arcane
you guise are dumb

1st place will be ff7

No way anything older than 6 months can be in a top 20. "Best of all time" stands for "released this year", duh. To claim otherwise means almost openly admitting we aren't getting awesomer with every passing month, and this will not stand!

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
im going to go with skyrim first due to the mass effect 3 ending shit
You forgot about genius extended-cut DLC. Fan service for free!

With adorable little kroggies in 2+1 kroggan families :lol:

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
I've only gone through a couple which were all wapanese shit.

But let me guess: 80% JRPGs, 19% ARPGs, 1% old RPGs so they pretend the list is valid and Skyrim as number 1.
they've included Shadowrun and M&MVI, so you're probably exactly right

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
It's an ancient news, no one at ign actually remembers that.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Man, shit like Jade Empire, Dragon Age 2 and Fallout 3 is above FF IX, Persona 4 and F:NV...

Also, lol at Diablo 3 at #92 and IGN still hasn't the guts to say how it sucks.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Making it to top 100 of all time means it sucks?

Also I just realized that my guess is mathematically wrong since there's gonna be only 100 of them, but fuck it, Skyrim is so awesome it will be number 1+.

MMXI

Arcane
These lists infuriate me because I know exactly what will be on them. Most of the games will be Japanese, because the Japanese, of course, invented RPGs back in 1986. There will also be lots of highly popular action RPGs from the west such as Fallout 3, New Vegas, Skyrim, Oblivion and Mass Effect, because the difference between western RPGs and Japanese RPGs is clearly that the Japanese prefer slower and more tactical gameplay. And then there will be some cRPG classics sprinkled in, such as Fallout, Baldur's Gate II and Planescape: Torment, just to validate their opinion. In fact, the only pre-Fallout cRPGs on the list will be Ultima VII and perhaps Ultima IV, because western RPGs are all about having three attributes and LARPing, with little emphasis on character building.

Micmu

Magister
Shit list will be shit I call Skyrimjob and Mass Deffect 3 will make the top 10.
Most likely. And no surprises there. When one of those advertising sites publishes a "top N something" article, the most recent and (by them) advertised products are always at the top.
Even when voted by readers (and assuming no bots were involved) - because most viewers are new and newer titles will get the most votes whether they are shit or not. Only really really popular older titles can make it near the top.

Grimlorn

Arcane
MM6 is #82.

Actually 100-80 are mostly codex approved. Or at least I've seen some codexers enjoy and talk about those games in other threads with the exception of a few.

Ermm

Erudite
Number 1 will be

1)Mass Effect 2 - because duuh, it's more AECASSIBLE

2)Final Fantasy VII

3)Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time

4)Majora's Mask - probably, just so they can be ''cool'' and just because they can piss on their tards

5)A link to the past

6)Final Fantasy VI

7) Super Mario RPG?????????????????????????????? (altough it is less possible)

Place your bets, ladies.....

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom