Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline of Halo?

Mangoose said:
firefly_cast_montage.jpg
Oh god.
That's the thing that makes me possibly want to buy the game. But I also don't like Halo. It's a big decision to make. My love of the Firefly actors and my indifference with the Halo franchise.

L'ennui

Magister
I enjoyed Marathon and Halo (and it's sequels, to a lesser extent.) Although I don't own an xbox 360 anymore, I'd be interested in seeing everything go to shit from an ODST's perspective. The change of pacing should provide an interesting campaign. From a consumer's point of view, though, this is a total rip-off, it's essentially a stand-alone expansion billed as a full game (hello, Napoleon: TW).

bat_boro

Arcane
sportforredneck said:
Mangoose said:
That's the thing that makes me possibly want to buy the game. But I also don't like Halo. It's a big decision to make. My love of the Firefly actors and my indifference with the Halo franchise.

Don't forget Tricia Helfer pls!

Imbecile

Arbiter
I liked Halo. What can I say? It had great AI, good music and a slow pace to its play (mostly due to the limitations of the controller) that I enjoyed a lot.

I enjoyed first Halo too(And I played it on PC) but since this is Codex I didn't bother mentioning that.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
The prospect of playing as someone who isn't a godlike super-soldier is pretty tantalizing
The prospect of someone who isn't wearing an X-Games biker outfit and poses against skylines to opera music is pretty tantalizing. Nothing wrong with godlike super-soldiers, Mastar Cheif was pretty lame compared to the real godlike supersoldiers in power armor. Honestly all that dicking around with small arms and stolen ray guns and covert ops into enemy battleships and stuff.

What's the point of having power armor if you don't use your awesome enhanced strength to carry about bigger guns? Then it just makes you a waste of money.

Actually, what's the point of power armor if you rely on shields for protection anyway?

vazquez595654

Arbiter
... there's no reason to keep going with it (aside from money).

You toss that in there at the end as if it's just a passing thought they would have. Money is the first motivation for another Halo game at this point.

Redeye

Arcane
Emotional Vampire said:
Regenerating shield in your super armor is about one hundred fifty two and a half times better than chogging down medkits you universally find in every second room.

Just get the health system from Call Of Cthulhu: Dark Corners game, but with more advanced tech.

Have armor progression and at high levels bio-armor with repair-gel packs and, yes, maybe eventually a force-shield. Make it a flickering prototype.

The low-level armor could have deterioration, and since there must be a time crunch, it cannot be repaired; armor sections would have to be scrounged, with countdown timers on snapping in the replacement pieces.

Also, armor would not absorb all damage except on deflection/threshold events.

Shiny

Novice
MetalCraze said:
there will be no regenerating health, no dual-wielding
HARDCORE

KreideBein said:
There's also the OpFlash way of doing it (you're fucked if you get shot at all), though I can't see that being terribly fun in a game that's much more focused on action than OpFlash.

The solution is quite simple - give enough health to complete the mission. It will make the player to be constantly on his toes and at the same time won't be an annoyance.

Although Skyway almost always makes good points, (often beating them to death like a dead horse), he almost always sounds like he wishes as if there were another way... maybe in a fun filled land of fairies and princesses where he could prance down lollipop way... (Simpsons, but still applicable)

The sad thing is I agree with him most times, but just don't feel the need to bitch about the same thing everyone else already knows :)

Shiny

Novice
kingcomrade said:
The prospect of playing as someone who isn't a godlike super-soldier is pretty tantalizing
The prospect of someone who isn't wearing an X-Games biker outfit and poses against skylines to opera music is pretty tantalizing. Nothing wrong with godlike super-soldiers, Mastar Cheif was pretty lame compared to the real godlike supersoldiers in power armor. Honestly all that dicking around with small arms and stolen ray guns and covert ops into enemy battleships and stuff.

What's the point of having power armor if you don't use your awesome enhanced strength to carry about bigger guns? Then it just makes you a waste of money.

Actually, what's the point of power armor if you rely on shields for protection anyway?

Anyone else notice that the stupid super suits in the new GI JOE movie were Master Chief inspired and therefore fail?

Mogar

Scholar
The Halo series has always been decidedly average. This game won't change that.

Phelot

Arcane
I liked Bungie when they made the Marathon games. They need to fire everyone and Jason Jones needs to not make shitty Halo games anymore. I bet he's tired of them.

They need to tell Alex Seropian that making shitty joke zombie games for the Mac is not productive and that he should rejoin Bungie, but first they need to rescue Reginal Dujour from Africa, or wherever he ended up. That negro could design some monsters! He even had the audacity of trying to make the player play as a black man. NIGGA B CRAZY!

Last, they need to find Greg Kirkpatrick so he can write a bomb and sometimes tripy story.

Do this and we'll get an awesome FPS.

L'ennui

Magister
Republic Commando was kinda cool. I probably couldn't stay playing it now because of all the clone war disney shitfest that's been thrown at me since, but the blatant money-grabbing directed at the kiddies was somewhat less insulting back then.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
don't forget regenerating flash light battery. Half life pioneered that shit. Truly next gen.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom