Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Interplay & Project V13 Cheat Death.... for now

hal900x

Augur
As terms of the sale, Interplay needed to use the parts of the license they retained by a certain date. They had the rights to do the Fallout MMO, they just dragged ass on it and overshot the deadline. That's the core issue of the lawsuit, and Bethesda is standing on pretty strong ground from what I've read so far. So they may be able to move forward for now due to the injunction being declined, but it might end up being wasted effort if Beth ends up winning.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
hal900x said:
That's the core issue of the lawsuit

Not really. If that were the main body of the lawsuit or - in fact - just the lawsuit, Bethesda would have already won. However, Bethesda felt the need to drag in perceived contract infractions from Interplay concerning the reissuing of the original Fallout games, to which Interplay pulled in a bunch of perceived infractions from Bethesda, including interference in Interplay's right to sell and illegitimately undoing a sublicensing contract that had been grandfathered in.

Bethesda lied in at least one of their statements, that's a fact. That and this denial of preliminary injunction means Interplay does not have a bad case when it comes to the original Fallout games, and because Bethesda was foolish enough to conflate that issue with the MMO rights, Interplay is not dead set to lose said rights either.

I dunno. If they're smart the parties will come to some kind of settlement, probably including Interplay losing FOOL rights but keeping the rights to republish the original games.

Stalin

Scholar
Wimmin can't get enough of him

z7198200X.jpg

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Har. Look at that shit-eating grin. Gotta love how it's the only genuine one on the photo. Dragon Age: 10/10.

Fuck, I loathe booth babes. The few times I've been to organized game showings (I try to avoid them, not my thing) I have been - at best - annoyed by booth babes, and usually just outright disgusted. If I want to see skin, I'll go to a stripjoint. Peddling flesh to massage recluse game journos' subconsciousnesses into enjoying their environs and hence their games more is low by any standards.

Then again, I hate cheerleaders too.

/not a feminist

Stalin

Scholar
Brother None said:
Har. Look at that shit-eating grin. Gotta love how it's the only genuine one on the photo. Dragon Age: 10/10.

Fuck, I loathe booth babes. The few times I've been to organized game showings (I try to avoid them, not my thing) I have been - at best - annoyed by booth babes, and usually just outright disgusted. If I want to see skin, I'll go to a stripjoint. Peddling flesh to massage recluse game journos' subconsciousnesses into enjoying their environs and hence their games more is low by any standards.

Then again, I hate cheerleaders too.

/not a feminist
its the first time he's close to a woman that isn't his mom hence the grin

denizsi

Arcane
You mean the perverse twist of his mouth because he started cumming in his pants the moment the babes came close.

I'd hit the one on the right.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
hal900x said:
I'm newish. Why are we hating this guy? He's a journalist whore who gives glowing reviews of shitty games?

We all love Ausir.

Consider it friendly riffing.

Though the aggressiveness of it astounds me. Some o'y'all got issues.

3 Things;

Why does Stalin have all these photos of Ausir?

Who is shirtless man and why does Stalin also have pictures of him?

Where does the name Ausir come from?

Shannow

Waster of Time
hal900x said:
I'm newish. Why are we hating this guy? He's a journalist whore who gives glowing reviews of shitty games?
Only the avatar-stealer has issues with Ausir. Probably killed his puppy and now Stalin is all emo about it.
Otherwise Ausir is our favourite news-poster, next to DU, baby arm and Elwro.

hal900x

Augur
To my mine, the really critical issue is whether it's just booth babes, or all Polish women that tend towards brunette and thick. In which case, I know where my next vacation is gonna be. Nothing like a raven-haired chubby to incite a chubby.

Ausir

Arcane
hal900x said:
To my mine, the really critical issue is whether it's just booth babes, or all Polish women that tend towards brunette and thick. In which case, I know where my next vacation is gonna be. Nothing like a raven-haired chubby to incite a chubby.

They weren't Polish (at least not to my knowledge). It was in London.

Well, I don't really post much news these days - too busy with the wiki and other stuff. Mostly I just send a link to DU or baby arm.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Ausir said:

Well, I don't really post much news these days - too busy with the wiki and other stuff. Mostly I just send a link to DU or baby arm.
Neither does Elwro, but hey, I nearly put in VD (and I forgot Monolith). Doesn't change anything ;)

Ausir

Arcane
Shannow said:
Neither does Elwro, but hey, I nearly put in VD (and I forgot Monolith).

And you're too much of a newfag to remember Saint Proverbius and Spazmo.

Pablosdog

Prophet
Ausir is cooler than you guys because he's actually a productive member of society

MapMan

Arcane
leave-britney-alone-guy.jpg

LEAVE AUSIR ALONE!!!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom