Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview critical of Bethesda RUBBED OUT

Zomg

Arbiter
Holy shit, that threat e-mail is fucking hilarious.

Revasser

Scholar
Zomg said:
Holy shit, that threat e-mail is fucking hilarious.

Don't you make fun of that email, Zomg! I want your post removed now. All of it. Gone.

Or you will remove your arms. They are mine, copyrighted to me, and attached to your body only with my permission.

It doesn't stop there. It won't stop there. I will pursue my own roads to have the rest of your limbs removed as well.

It's frankly very easy to comply, Zomg. It's frankly very hard for you to continue with me as an enemy.

Break out the tinfoil hats, people. IT'S CIA TIME!

GhanBuriGhan

Erudite
obediah said:
what a dick. I fucking hate pompous douchebags that can't handle a dose of reality. There was nothing in that interview that a person comfortable with themselves would have even blinked at.

Indeed, very poor show. There is nothing personally insulting in there (although many critical things, most of which reflect more badly on AffaMu than on Bethesda, by the way, Goodall is quite pompous, too), and if MK felt something was inaccurate, I am sure TIL would have been happy to post his comment after the interview. Threatening to take the ball and go home is incredily lame. I think I just lost all of my considerable respect for the guy.

GhanBuriGhan

Erudite
Sinder Velvin said:
Trust me: he wouldn't have gotten that upset if I hadn't tried to blackmail him.

Hmm, that may expalin it somewhat, but still, the whole ida of wanting to go around and censor is horrible.

crpgnut

Augur
Hmmm, it's just a game. I can't get worked up enough over who was right and who was wrong because it was just entertainment for me. TES lore is only valid in a game. People who take it so seriously probably need psychiatric help. I've never been that interested in the lore because it is so inconsistent. It's hard to delve into meaningless prattle, even if it's well written.

elander_

Arbiter
Sinder Velvin said:
Trust me: he wouldn't have gotten that upset if I hadn't tried to blackmail him.

You shouldn't have posted his private message in here publicly. You may get in trouble because of it. I only hope this doesn't have any repercursion on the imperial library. Don't forget that all lore is there with the devs permission.

Micmu

Magister
It was a right thing to do. It would have been even more right NOT to comply to his demands and had site shut down temporarily with a message "<your favorite company> requested of us, <fansite>, we censor our stuff which wasn't even offensive or business-damaging. We decided not to. Therefore we removed all their copyrighted stuff and kept the interview they unpolitely requested to remove. Here is also an original professional post. Complaints? Well... Mail HIM or THEM for not keeping him on a leash."

GhanBuriGhan

Erudite
elander_ said:
Sinder Velvin said:

You shouldn't have posted his private message in here publicly. You may get in trouble because of it. I only hope this doesn't have any repercursion on the imperial library. Don't forget that all lore is there with the devs permission.

why? this is not the TES forums.

callehe

Liturgist
Sinder Velvin said:

how's that? could you be so nice as to show us what you wrote in your "blackmail"-letter?

OverrideB1

Scholar
I had a lot of respect for Michael Kirkbride - some of the stuff written for MW was pretty fucking awesome. But Jesus, what a shining example of pompous windbaggery. As for Sinder's "blackmail" - I hardly think "could you give me something in return for removing it" qualifies as grounds for calling it blackmail or for Kirkbride to have a girly hissy fit and threaten TIL in that manner.

bryce777

Erudite
obediah said:
what a dick. I fucking hate pompous douchebags that can't handle a dose of reality. There was nothing in that interview that a person comfortable with themselves would have even blinked at.

Especially since probably all of 14 people ever read it in the first place, most of which prolly already think bethesda is populated by retahds.

Lumpy

Arcane
elander_ said:
Sinder Velvin said:

Bah. The worst thing he could do would be to remove his copyrighted material. Everything else, including his books that came with the game, he can't remove.
And Bethesda would never ban a fansite. Impossible. No company, not even Bethesda, could ever do that.

Sinder Velvin

Arcane
elander_ said:
Sinder Velvin said:

In a post, MK told the TIL visitors what happened. He's the one who initially spoke about this.

You folks asked why the interview disappeared. I could have just ignored you, but I didn't, mostly because I don't like people who remove stuff without explaining why. I don't like people who pretend certain things never existed.

So now you have an explanation.

callehe said:
Sinder Velvin said:

how's that? could you be so nice as to show us what you wrote in your "blackmail"-letter?

At the beginning of this year, I asked MK if I could interview him. He said yes, but told me to be patient.

When he asked me to take the interview off, I told him I'd only take it off if he agreed to let me interview him right then. Because my patience was running out.

He didn't like that.

Twinfalls

Erudite
That's hardly blackmail, SV.

Kirkbride's was an act of total bastardry. I have no doubt you would gladly have put up - on the same page as the interview itself - a rebuttal written by MK, had he asked.

Lumpy

Arcane
Twinfalls said:
That's hardly blackmail, SV.

Kirkbride's was an act of total bastardry. I have no doubt you would gladly have put up - on the same page as the interview itself - a rebuttal written by MK, had he asked.
Besides, wasn't it him who blackmailed TIL? Threatening to close down the site is much worse than asking for an interview.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Douglas Goodall said:
Think of Tamriel as a plate of spaghetti that a dozen designers have cut, chewed, and swirled around on the plate. Not a pretty thought? Maybe not, but it means that anyone else can come by and cut off a string or add a few strings or push the fork around a little without ruining the plate.
Oh great. The plate can't be ruined anymore, it already is.

Sinder Velvin said:
It's not blackmail if he's making a demand in the first place, plus what Lumpy said.

callehe

Liturgist
When he asked me to take the interview off, I told him I'd only take it off if he agreed to let me interview him right then. Because my patience was running out.

He didn't like that.

wtf? he got pissed because of that? He IS a dick! :D

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
Hahahaha, "blackmail."

That's not fucking blackmail. That's a favor for a favor.

That interview was up and public. If it wasn't public and you e-mailed him before you put it up and asked him for something in return for keeping it private then that would be blackmail.

This is him asking YOU for something and you wanting something else in return.

Michael Kirkbride, fuck yourself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom