Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview with Todd Howard?

ortucis

Prophet
How about interview with someone from Nival Interactive about Might & Magic: Heroes VI.

These guys (or Kings Bounty devs) hardly get any press. :(

Todd won't reply. Maybe a representative or something.

And if you want actual answers, you need to tone down the questions. They're too forward and initimidating, often demanding a yes or no answer (which will kick him into hype mode; "We can assure you, it will be awesome!"); some sound like you're talking to a codexer ("visually impaired" XBox players, "rape a low-level character")

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
So who is writing the questions for PB and CDP interview? So we can actually get answers from developers that will actually respond to us?

taplonaplo

Scholar
ortucis said:
How about interview with someone from Nival Interactive about Might & Magic: Heroes VI.

These guys (or Kings Bounty devs) hardly get any press. :(
You know it's not developed by Nival, right?

ortucis

Prophet
Yeah saw a preview later and realised it's Black Hole Entertainment that is working on it.

Also, found out that it's more story focussed game this time around.
:love:

MetalCraze

Arcane
micmu said:
Who is this Toad Wohard guy and how is he relevant to RPGs?

Oh no man just hating on Todd Howard is so yesterday

You need to do this like a real newfag:

- go into GRP/GD/ and post some dumb shit about how Todd Howard is a retarded asshole and how he was Bethesda's coffee bitch, Oblivion is shit and Fallout is raped

- go into this thread and talk about how Todd Howard is important and needs to get his dick sucked through Codex interview and how Todd saved Fallout

Result: Double Kodex Kool Kredits!

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
So DU have you emailed anyone yet? Or are you waiting on me to send you the final questions?

ironyuri

I would like to conduct an interview.... with Dicksmoker.

Q1: Dicksmoker, can you tell the Codex why you smoke so much dick?

Q2: Dicksmoker, why were you such a worthless faggot that you got Yeesh's /gd/ sex LP censored/censured just as it was developing massive potential?

Q3: Dicksmoker, why do you have several Sarah Silverman quotations in your signature? Do you realise they make you sound like an asshole?

Q4: This question has already been asked, but really, why do you smoke so much dick? Are you some kind of faggot?

Q5: Many members of the Codex have grouped you with the storyfag camp, yet this reporter has seen no evidence to support this fact. What makes you a storyfag?

Q6: Do you not feel that the "story" or "plot" of an RPG, which creates a narrative thrust can be coupled with gameplay mechanics in such a way that the mechanics of a RPG drive your role in the narrative? For example: If your character is a thief, then the mechanics (stealing, sneaking, pickpocketing, lockpicking) must reflect the narrative so that at every point your character is mechanically engaged in the narrative.

Q7: As a storyfag do you realise that an interesting story alone does not a good cRPG make?

Q8: No, seriously, why do you smoke so much dick? You're a faggot right? A faggot who gets hot sex threads in which an old man drips candle wax on a nubile princess censored.

Q9: Why do you think Todd Howard would want to answer your questions? Do you think a fat, small-town hick like you is of any importance to society?

Q10: Do you think by conducting an interview with Todd Howard that you will be able to use it as a springboard to get into the "gaming media" and become a writer for a less prestigious magazine like GameInformer?

Q11: Sphincter says what?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
ironyuri asks a lot of interesting questions Dicksmoker. Before I even consider sending off anything to anyone, I'd really like to see your answers.

ironyuri

Dicksmoker said:
1. Because I'm classy.
2. They weren't censored.
3. I like looking like an asshole.
4. See 1.
5. You either are or you aren't.
6. Dunno lol.
7. Niggers.
8. Jews.
9. Because he knows not to fuck with me.
10. No.
11. Niggers.

I've got a feeling these are the exact same answers you'll get from Todd Howard. :smug:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
That's the entirety of the response?

:(

Aw man, I thought Pete was a bro.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
"Right now"? Maybe it's worth a shot again in a few months. Maybe they're saying that to everyone.

Perhaps.

In other news, there's supposed to be a big reveal for the new Deus Ex next week, including new info and a release date. If it's far enough away I'll see if I can drum up some questions for them.

The Witcher 2 is another game I'm looking forward to, but it comes out in a couple of months so doing an interview now seems kinda pointless.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Dude. Deus Ex is barely an RPG. Can we go for something else? Dead State may already get plenty of airtime here but I wouldn't mind having another interview, for one.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I don't have your writing skills and inquisitive mindset.

meh

Educated
Damn, these were actually interesting questions.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
meh said:
Damn, these were actually interesting questions.
Yeah, which is probably why he can't be bothered answering... too much effort

Ah well. It was worth a shot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom