Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is "addicting" a good trait for a game? Or why "addicting" doesn't equal "good".

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Counter-Strike-matches are short, there is little investment in starting a new one, the content is extremely familiar let dynamic, you get a sense of achievement through winning the 2-minute match/scoring frags. Applies to practically all multiplayer games focused around very short (1-2 minute) rounds.

I don't see how this matters, you don't make the decision to play another round, you decide whether to play another match and those are about 40 minutes.

That you get a sense of achievement from completing mini-objectives seems like a fairly core part of any gaming experience.

RRRrrr

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I don't see how this matters, you don't make the decision to play another round, you decide whether to play another match and those are about 40 minutes.
The 40 min match is rather new, it's a CS:GO thing, and imo CS:GO was a step back from previous CS games, especially 1.6 and Source. As for this, I distinctly remember playing "one more match" when I was at school and supposed to study for a test. lol

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
The 40 min match is rather new, it's a CS:GO thing, and imo CS:GO was a step back from previous CS games, especially 1.6 and Source. As for this, I distinctly remember playing "one more match" when I was at school and supposed to study for a test. lol
Rather new? CSGO is almost 10 years old...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom