Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is the code's site being tweaked?

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
I keep getting problems trying to access both the site and the forums. The error is ye olde MySQL stuff. Basically when I try to refresh a page it tells me the connection wasn't possible to make. I tried emptying my internet cache, waiting some moments than trying to log back in - but nothing. It only happens on the Codex site, by the way.

Is there something being fixed on the site that might cause this?

sheek

Arbiter
Role-Player said:
I keep getting problems trying to access both the site and the forums. The error is ye olde MySQL stuff. Basically when I try to refresh a page it tells me the connection wasn't possible to make. I tried emptying my internet cache, waiting some moments than trying to log back in - but nothing. It only happens on the Codex site, by the way.

Is there something being fixed on the site that might cause this?

They're hacking into your private messages, that's all.

Atrokkus

Erudite
check your firewall settings, I dunno...

So it's just the site that doesn't load up, or forums too (maybe you're writing this form some other place, how do i know)?

Maybe you've been a bad codexer lately?

merry andrew

Erudite
I can load everything fine on AOL's browser. The site will not load at all in IE and Firefox. This is the only site I have trouble with, and it's just been within the last few days.

merry andrew

Erudite
The only thing I can think of is when I was having trouble accessing things before and perhaps it was Calis who told me to add a line of text to a file (a windows file?). Anyway, Codex surfing from my AOL browser until then. Please help :cry:

Lumpy

Arcane
Does "code's site" mean "codex's site" or "site's code"?

Calis

Pensionado
merry andrew said:
perhaps it was Calis who told me to add a line of text to a file
That shouldn't affect anything; IP address of the server is still the same

themadhatter114

Liturgist
Patron
I only use Firefox and it works most of the time but lately it's been relatively frequently giving me errors when I try to come to the site, or when I try to navigate the site once I'm here. It's only been happening here and just the last few days.

themadhatter114

Liturgist
Patron
DarkUnderlord said:
themadhatter114 said:
I only use Firefox and it works most of the time but lately it's been relatively frequently giving me errors when I try to come to the site, or when I try to navigate the site once I'm here. It's only been happening here and just the last few days.
"Critical Error: Cannot connect to database" type errors?

Yeah, I've been getting that one frequently, and just a few minutes ago I got the MySQL one.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
themadhatter114 said:
"Critical Error: Cannot connect to database" type errors?

User was nabbed fit

I can't post; the forum keeps telling me that I can't make X amount of messages in such a short period of time. Something like that.

Oh ya, this is a test... if this actually does go through, then the problems over (this was about half an hour ago).

Edit: Uh, yipee?

This is what I wanted to post before, anyway:

These 'errors' seem to happen to me when the site is busy (makes sense, I guess?)...

When I get up in the morning, which in your timezone, would be very early in the morning, I can surf just fine (I assume that most of you Americans who are sane are still sleeping -- so, less activity on the forums, less stress on the server)... but at the end of the evening, round about 6 PM your time, I get a lot of errors.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom