Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness It is time: Baldur's Gate 3 vs Starfield

Which is the greatest RPG of our times?

• Baldur's Gate 3

• Starfield

• If I knew this would be the choice in 2023, I would have cut my throat with a broken CD back in 90s

• kingcomrade

Results are only viewable after voting.

volklore

Arcane
I mean, some women does look like that on 40+, but this clearly on the hard side of a wall smash.
In Asia maybe. Jaheira in the game has a much harder wall smash, they made her skin slightly saggy near her jaws on top of the lines. And she's still way above the average 40+ wymyn.

Baldurs-Gate-3-Jaheira.jpg

Viconia looks like a pretty typical wall smash to me. Women age really bad. The lighting does make her look older. Then again maybe I don't live in a place that has many good looking 40+ year old to compare.

Sarathiour

Cipher
Then again maybe I don't live in a place that has many good looking 40+ year old to compare.
Might also be the issue, the very moment a moment start to suspect a wrinkle to appear she wills starts to look out for anything susceptible to delay, halt or hide it. I don't think someone with access to high-level cleric would be different, and take issue with the fact that they're more looking like my soon to be sixty aunt.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
https://agent-underdark.tumblr.com/post/133340588892/how-long-to-drow-live-the-forgotten-realms-wiki

Not according to this link, they can live between 700-1000 years

Zed Duke of Banville whats your take on this D&D lore question?
For answering this sort of question, one needs to consider not only the maximum age but also the boundaries between age categories (childhood, adolescence, adulthood, middle age, old age, and venerable), and these can vary substantially from source to source.

PHBR8 The Complete Book of Elves has a relatively short lifespan for drow; even though a drow doesn't reach adolescence until 50 or adulthood until 80, they reach middle age at 140, old age at 190, and venerable age at 225, meaning the passage of time would ensure that Viconia had reached the venerable age category by BG3, though with a maximum lifespan of 225+3d100, i.e. possibly up to 525 years. This progression is kind of bizarre, though, in comparison to the other elven subgroups listed in that table (page 37).

FOR2 The Drow of the Underdark doesn't seem to include any information about age, except that the maximum for drow is about 600-800, considerably lengthier than the maximum from PHBR8. Moreover, it states that "Drow do not show their age until after their six-hundredth year.", meaning that Viconia would still look the same as in her original appearance unless she had crossed that threshold by the time of BG3. The Menzoberranzan box set seems consistent with FOR2, in that it does not provide any information about age except that the maximum longevity assumed seems the same.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
https://agent-underdark.tumblr.com/post/133340588892/how-long-to-drow-live-the-forgotten-realms-wiki

Not according to this link, they can live between 700-1000 years

Zed Duke of Banville whats your take on this D&D lore question?
For answering this sort of question, one needs to consider not only the maximum age but also the boundaries between age categories (childhood, adolescence, adulthood, middle age, old age, and venerable), and these can vary substantially from source to source.

PHBR8 The Complete Book of Elves has a relatively short lifespan for drow; even though a drow doesn't reach adolescence until 50 or adulthood until 80, they reach middle age at 140, old age at 190, and venerable age at 225, meaning the passage of time would ensure that Viconia had reached the venerable age category by BG3, though with a maximum lifespan of 225+3d100, i.e. possibly up to 525 years. This progression is kind of bizarre, though, in comparison to the other elven subgroups listed in that table (page 37).

FOR2 The Drow of the Underdark doesn't seem to include any information about age, except that the maximum for drow is about 600-800, considerably lengthier than the maximum from PHBR8. Moreover, it states that "Drow do not show their age until after their six-hundredth year.", meaning that Viconia would still look the same as in her original appearance unless she had crossed that threshold by the time of BG3. The Menzoberranzan box set seems consistent with FOR2, in that it does not provide any information about age except that the maximum longevity assumed seems the same.
It's best to forget The Complete Book of Elves ever existed. Hopefully the Inquisition will purge this heretical tome.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
She’s a bit excessive. Surely that’s a mommy milker for the titty sucking fetish fiend. Some like lots of milk with the cake and donuts. So that’s cookies & crème.

Last edited:

9ted6

Educated
They're each a great representation of the death of their respective game genre.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
You mention tits and nips on codex and predatory FB/google floods my feeds with em…

IMG_0068.webp

IMG_0072.webp

IMG_0071.jpeg

IMG_0070.jpeg

THOTS THE LOT OF THEM!

Stop trying to play matchmaker you predatory FB!!!

potatojohn

Arcane
Starfield-2023-09-14-20-30-26-528.png

Starfield-2023-09-10-23-24-54-808.png

Everyone in Bethesda's games is monogamous.

You don't need a PhD in cuckology to keep track of who's fucking who like in Baldur's Gate 3

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Both games bleed wokeness out of their ass and it's disgusting that these will be the frontrunners for RPGOTY. Tears of the Kingdom absolutely clowns on both of these turds, and since that game isn't eligible for arbitrary reasons I pick Diablo 4 because it is not nearly as embarassing and retarded as the two games in the OP. Aliens: Dark Descent is also one hell of a game. I'd pick that over them even though it's not a RPG. Hell I will vote for literally anything that isn't BG3 or Starfield.

I was waiting for two acts of the first sex scene with her, and after that I had a lot of unpleasant information dumped on me that I'm still trying to process in my head. She is the only one of all the girls from the camp ready for an five-person orgy, she will be upset if I don't take Halsin to the orgy. She has repeatedly thought about Halsin and sex with him, and had sex dreams about him. I also found out that if Halsin is dead or not in camp she will still mention in conversation how much she enjoyed looking at him.
It's all blowing my mind. The desire to play and go through the third act is gone. The romance that I carried through the whole game just fucked up. I can't even look at Halsin's face in the game after that. I'm thinking about how I can finish the game normally from here on out. Maybe If i drop Shadowheart now, and break off all relations with her, there will be an opportunity for a proper romance with Karlach or Lae'zel? But it's Act 3, and it's already looking like it's too late.

"It's ok, bro. I forgive you for accidentally backstabbing me three times during that fight. Combat gets chaotic at times. I'm in a better plane now, dryads everywhere. You have to let go, it wasn't your fault."

baldur-s-gate-3-druid-halsin-smiling.jpg

ind33d

Learned
i'm convinced BG3 is being astroturfed like the magic: the gathering LOTR set with black aragorn

people are blatantly lying about how bad starfield is. it's getting worse reviews than unpatched 2077. something's fishy

Sarathiour

Cipher
People were already upset at Betheseda for a while, while the publics opinion for CDRP was pretty good until cyberpunk, this isn't surprising for me.

9ted6

Educated
I was waiting for two acts of the first sex scene with her, and after that I had a lot of unpleasant information dumped on me that I'm still trying to process in my head. She is the only one of all the girls from the camp ready for an five-person orgy, she will be upset if I don't take Halsin to the orgy. She has repeatedly thought about Halsin and sex with him, and had sex dreams about him. I also found out that if Halsin is dead or not in camp she will still mention in conversation how much she enjoyed looking at him.
It's all blowing my mind. The desire to play and go through the third act is gone. The romance that I carried through the whole game just fucked up. I can't even look at Halsin's face in the game after that. I'm thinking about how I can finish the game normally from here on out. Maybe If i drop Shadowheart now, and break off all relations with her, there will be an opportunity for a proper romance with Karlach or Lae'zel? But it's Act 3, and it's already looking like it's too late.

"It's ok, bro. I forgive you for accidentally backstabbing me three times during that fight. Combat gets chaotic at times. I'm in a better plane now, dryads everywhere. You have to let go, it wasn't your fault."

baldur-s-gate-3-druid-halsin-smiling.jpg
How much are we betting Larian's romance writers were jerking it the entire time?

"Ohhh yeah, Shadowheart, I know I just can't compare to that elven stud."

There are even complaints about it on Larian's forum. They're catching onto the fact the game's full of writer fetishes.

One mod's response, because another mod's agreeing with OP
Okay folks, it’s past my bedtime and I don’t have time to fully read this thread but on an initial glance there’s far too much going on about “cucks” (which I confess is a term that I find icky) as well as some other posts that are pushing it when it comes to civil, constructive engagement.

Last edited:

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
For GOTY I would have gone for BG3 before the Rogue Trader December release date announcement, if they manage to mop up the inevitable bugs within a reasonable timeframe I think I might end up liking that more. I'll also give Colony Ship a fair shot, but AFAIK the November release date for that is only an estimate so for all I know it could still get pushed back out of 2023.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom