Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

It's 1999 again. What games do you play? (2024 edition)

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
I am playing Thief, Fallout 2, Homeworld, Outcast, Riven, Dungeon Keeper 2, Heroes of M&M 3, Outcast, Planescape Torment, Final Fantasy 7, Half Life, Gabriel Knight 3.

I don't remember if I played system Shock 2 and Thief 2 already in 1999 or in 2000.

p.s. In 1999 I tried to play Baldur's Gate right after Fallout 2, but I bounced away. At that time I hated the bland fantasy setting, the total abesence of interactivity of the environment, and the RTwP.

Last edited:

Zoo

Novice
1999 releases

Championship Manager 3
Dungeon Keeper II
Heroes of Might and Magic III
Jagged Alliance 2
Outcast

StarCraft: Brood War was excellent, too, but it is only an expansion.

Games I played in 1999

Blood
Dungeon Keeper
Heroes of Might and Magic III
StarCraft
X-COM: UFO Defense (a.k.a. UFO: Enemy Unknown)

Games released before 2000? It's too hard question there were many marvelous classics. For example the mentioned games above.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom