Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I've heard the Witcher EE is out

Heresiarch

Prophet
Anyone got it yet?

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
In before someone doesn't physically remove anything from inventory and someone bitches about piracy

RandomLurker

Scholar
It is out, but only in the US (or the whole NA? I'm not sure about this one) and only as a complete game - the release of the international version and the enhancing patch are both scheduled for 19.09.

Zhuangzi

Scholar
It's coming out on the 2nd of October here in Aus. According to both EB and Game here in Perth. :cool:

inwoker

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Just launched witcher site. Entered my profile. And it says I don't have any game registered. Wtf?
Is this the situation where piracy is no wrong, yes/no?

edit: I have sent request in support.

Zhuangzi

Scholar
What the? I'm not 'registered' either because I haven't played The Witcher yet, but that didn't stop me from joining and posting on the forum. :?

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Zhuangzi said:
What the? I'm not 'registered' either because I haven't played The Witcher yet, but that didn't stop me from joining and posting on the forum. :?

Did you simply register on the forum or also attach your cd key?

Suicidal

Arcane
I tried registering the game multiple times but it didn't work due to some browser error with cookies. I asked for advice on forums but nothing they said worked, then I e-mailed the tech support and they said that it's a known error and that if nothing worked then the only way to fix it is to reinstall windows.

I didn't try that, not worth the effort, IMO, but I was wondering if anyone else here had this problem.

Zhuangzi

Scholar
Gragt said:
Zhuangzi said:

What CD key? I haven't got the game at all yet. :lol:

Texas Red

Whiner
Zhuangzi said:
Gragt said:
Zhuangzi said:

What CD key? I haven't got the game at all yet. :lol:

Decline of the Codex.

Solohk

Scholar
Zhuangzi said:
I wasn't registered either, but if you still have the game installed, run register.exe in the game directory.

Hazelnut

Erudite
Suicidal said:
I tried registering the game multiple times but it didn't work due to some browser error with cookies. I asked for advice on forums but nothing they said worked, then I e-mailed the tech support and they said that it's a known error and that if nothing worked then the only way to fix it is to reinstall windows.

I didn't try that, not worth the effort, IMO, but I was wondering if anyone else here had this problem.

Yeah I had that problem, can't remember if I got it fixed (I sure as hell did not and am not reinstalling windows!)

Is it a pre-requisite for getting the EE patch?

WalterKinde

Scholar
Its cool that its shipping.
I just visited gogamer and they have two enhanced versions for sale , one they claim is an uncensored enhanced version (import) and the other they claim is cencesored/vanilla enhanced.
Uncensored Version is listed as being published by CdProjekt while the vanilla enhanced is listed as being publish by Atari with two different release dates and prices.
Uncensored : September 22nd
Censored : September 19th
The censored version is of course cheaper by like 4 dollars, i am wondering if i am paying more because its an import or if its because its uncensored, usually the imports gogamer sells are cheaper than the non import version.

Fez

Erudite
The real issue is whether or not you are willing to pay four dollars for the occasional flash of titties while you play.

WalterKinde

Scholar
Its not really about topless female computer generated images
Heck the internet is there ofor that but the word "uncensored" implies there may be bits of the game cut out because it couldn't met the censorship standards not talking about nudity only, maybe theres something else.
I remember Sacred the import version was also listed as uncensored because of more blood and gore and an extra quest, but like i said strangely enough it was cheaper than the vanilla version of sacred.

Starwars

Arcane
I've been playing the EE version a bit now, god bless teh internetz (I have the original though, but didn't feel like installing it and waiting until the 19th for the patch).

The changes feel fairly subtle. Autosorting the inventory seems like such a simple thing, but it's quite a blessing. New models, well... I can't really remember all the models from the old version, so I'm not sure how many new ones there are. The animations seems to make things a bit more lively, but they are very unconvincing on their own. The animations often don't seem to mix with what the character is saying, and there is quite a bit of clipping with hands going through stomachs and so on.

The dialogues (talking about English here) are still pretty disjointed at times, but they do feel a bit more natural and are sometimes much more elaborate than I remember the original game being.
It's still not exactly amazing dialogue, but in my eyes it has gone from laughable (though there are still some really weird dialogues unfortunately) to OK, which is a pretty good step. It's actually probably the most important thing and while it is a fairly subtle change it has made the EE much more enjoyable for me.

Can't really speak about performance changes as I've gotten a new computer in between playing the old version and this. It runs and looks fine at least, heh.

Definetely gonna be worth the download if you've got the game and liked it before. And of course, the multilanguage setup is gonna be great since I think you can put on the original Polish voiceovers and have English subs if you wish.

Suicidal

Arcane
Hazelnut said:
Yeah I had that problem, can't remember if I got it fixed (I sure as hell did not and am not reinstalling windows!)

Is it a pre-requisite for getting the EE patch?

Yes, I've heard you can only download the EE for free if you had the game registered before its release.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Starwars said:
I've been playing the EE version a bit now, god bless teh internetz (I have the original though, but didn't feel like installing it and waiting until the 19th for the patch).
I might join you. I didn't register my copy when I installed it (I've never registered a game, ever) and if I buy the patch in box, it's gonna have to be cheaper than the $65.00 AUD price (New games are typically $80.00 - $90.00). I'm not paying that much for a patch and a gold grinding mission.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I've been playing it for a bit. Just finished 'The Price of Neutrality' -- it was alright. You could probably beat it in about an hour if you don't muck about and all the choices that seem to have any effect are saved for the end, thus allowing you to make a saved-game right before you pick who to side with. There definitely seems to be a 'best' ending amongst the ones I saw.

English spoken dialogue still appears to be wooden. Like they recorded each line separately and then edited them together, making most conversations still feel rather disjointed and odd. I actually ended up just switching over to the Polish voice overs.

Can't really say much about performance. The original version ran well on medium settings for me and the same holds true for this version.

Heresiarch

Prophet
Is the Polish voice acting really that better than English? I really don't know which can destroy my mood to play the game worse, badly spoken English that at least I can understand, or decently spoken Polish that I don't understand shit. Mind you I've already beaten the game even before patch 1.2 was out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom