Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Jagged Alliance 2: Reloaded planned for 2011

MetalCraze

Arcane
Just another proof that only a very talented studio can remake someone else's games. And there are none of them now.

Squirly said:
And no blood either. Mercs will suddenly bleed green and every enemy will be replaced by robots. Remember Carmageddon?

Fix'd

oscar

Arcane
And since the studio is German we can say good bye to wit and humorous banter.

Khor1255

Arcane
spectre said:
"no more areas in which you are running about poinlessly and meet enemies only by chance"

Der fuck? Ok, honestly I don't know what they're referring to. Are they sure they're remaking THE Jagged Alliance? With a 2?

Cause if it means no more enemy patrols and sector exploration I'm all :-|
It could possibly mean that there won't be that last enemy you just can't find bug but it doesn't really sound like that is what they are saying.

All in all it sounds like a dumbed down version. I guess they are taking pointers from the 1.13 team after all.

Joghurt

Augur
I'll accept even a dumbed down version of JA2. In fact I am starting to think that I'll accept any turn based game nowdays. After all I enjoyed Brigade E5 and 7.62 even though they were RTwP.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Joghurt said:
I'll accept even a dumbed down version of JA2. In fact I am starting to think that I'll accept any turn based game nowdays. After all I enjoyed Brigade E5 and 7.62 even though they were RTwP.

Why play this one if you can just fire up a much superior JA2 then?

spectre

Arcane
Dunno about you, there comes a time when you know some shit by heart and you just can't bear to look at it anymore.
Guess it's that time for some long time JA2 players.

MetalCraze

Arcane
spectre said:
Dunno about you, there comes a time when you know some shit by heart and you just can't bear to look at it anymore.
So you'll prefer to look at a dumbed down edition where you don't even need to know anything?

chzr

Erudite
spectre said:
Guess it's that time for some long time JA2 players.

point is that this doesn't bring new map/story etc.... thus it won't really add anything new except graphics and ui (which so far doesn't really look better), and most probably some sort of 'streamlining' (even to vanilla JA2, not mentioning 1.13)

spectre

Arcane
Sometimes, the new look is enough for a refesh, but I aint saying, it just may turn out to be shit.

What am I saying... of course it will be banal shit and boring, we can all smell it a mile away. Sorry skyway, I'm forgetting myself here.

But, it only means I'll simply run the uninstaller, delete the torrent and look for my turn-based tactical fix elsewhere. Simple as that. In the meantime, I reserve judgment, although the PR bullshit they spew is indeed ridiculous.

EDIT: By the way, a new buzzword I see, I don't care if shit is "streamlined", "visceral", "sphincteric" or any other poppycock, if its coded well, ships in a finished state and plays like it should, they just might get my money, otherwise, no wommon no cry.

bgillisp

Scholar
Hmmm...from what I can see so far maybe just buying JA2 from gog is a better deal then.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom