Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Joystick for flight simulators?

While this is not strictly a strategy game questioning, there is no simulation forum.

My Sidewinder has just about had it. Looking about at the alternatives today, I cannot really see a replacement, as the sidewinders are no longer made.

What is the cream of the crop, or even good 'middle of the road' options that are decent these days?

Dmitron

Arbiter
I have a Hotas setup, Saitek x52 Pro.. It's great..but expensive.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
I have a Logitech EXTREME 3D PRO, an older piece but still... cheap as fuck and reliable as fuck.

Rabidredneck

Liturgist
I still use a Logitech Top Gun Thrustmaster. Reliable beyond description, although the hat switch is getting a bit loose.

puke

Novice
the Cougar is what replaced the old Thrustmaster F22 + TQS system. guillmont (or however you spell it) bought out Thrustmaster and makes the new one, which feels exactly the same but i hear some of the components can grind together and you'll be shaving metal in there.

but thats just rumor.

im actually looking to offload my original thrustmaster F22 + TQS, which of course was pre-USB. dont know if theyre still valueable to anyone.

CH makes a HOTAS contender also, and thrustmaster has a low-end HOTAS option if you dont want to spring for the Cougar.

felicity

Scholar
CH is supposedly the best. Saitek is rather new, but their products are solid, they are also less expensive than CH.

Depends on which style of sim you're playing, I'd choose
Combat sim: Saitek x52 Pro
Civilian sim: Saitek yoke system (+ rudder pedal)

expensive though...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom