Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Keeping the Action in Action-RPG : Torchlight Reviewed

Zeus

Cipher
GarfunkeL said:
Yeah, Torchlight doesn't work for neither crowd: not for LARPers/storyfags but it doesn't work for Mondblutian combat crowd either.

I played the demo and can't see myself ever playing the full game.

There is, of course, a third crowd: the crowd who actually likes Diablo clones. The crowd that keeps the Diablo Battlechest stocked in Walmart to this day (something you can't say for most other 2000-era RPGs). The crowd that actually enjoyed Fate and Titan Quest, rather than trashed them for not being Fallout or Wizardry 8.

I'm pretty sure they're the ones who were meant enjoy Torchlight.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
circ said:
For what it is. FOR WHAT IT IS. Big surprise there. Ok now, Torchlight developers have had three games to 'wet your palate', three more or less exactly alike games. Let's take a look at another extremely small developer, Introversion. Cheap games. Good games. Original games. Not the same fucking game with a new title every year. Shit is shit sir, don't dodge the issue.

The Civilization series is basically the same title repeated again and again with a few new tweaks and game play enhancements... and yet... people still consider them good. If you don't like utilitarian ARPGs then no one is going to convince you otherwise.

Deathspank will probably be the exact same game play with a Ron Gilbert storyline strapped to it; however, it will cost $50 instead of $20 and for that reason I won't be buying it until it's reduced.

[Insert hur dur I only torrent stuff jokes here.]

Metro said:
The Civilization series is basically the same title repeated again and again with a few new tweaks and game play enhancements... and yet... people still consider them good.

Only the stupid ones.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom