Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Killed Aga in one hit

Technomancer

Liturgist

Been sitting on this one for years. Back in the day I discovered a medical machine exploit which allowed you to boost stats beyond 10 if you damaged them beforehand.
Sequence was simple enough. Have a 10 base stat. Get it damaged twice by enemy crits so it becomes 8. Acquire two healing jars, which meant going with 40 thieves. Raise the damaged stats to 10 and then heal them to 12. This would allow to hit the 15 cap with power armor later. Hard part was to figure out enemies which preferred to crit damage exactly the stats you wanted and who had crit skills necessary to land them on you reliably. It meant leaving foes like Mack the Knife for later.

Years ago I carelessly bragged about it within an ear shot of sunfire, a modder who quickly fixed the exploit in his unofficial patch. Same unofficial patch which was officially integrated into vanilla game by the devs later. Which made me the first and last person who did it in a vanilla game. Still works in DR though.

Last edited:

Technomancer

Liturgist
Also, this aged like fine wine :eek:

gg.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom