Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Kingdom Come: Deliverance E3 2015 Trailer

bledcarrot

Educated
I just can't see them delivering on the large scale battles promise...they should probably give up on that now and save themselves time and resources and/or their kickstarters' disappointment. The rest of the game looks amazing enough as it is, why overreach?

titus

Arcane
Patron
I just can't see them delivering on the large scale battles promise...they should probably give up on that now and save themselves time and resources and/or their kickstarters' disappointment. The rest of the game looks amazing enough as it is, why overreach?
Probably not RTW scale as, I assume, every soldier has to be a separate entity but it COULD be done. Mount&Blade did it years ago, no?
Trailer looks good, but they always do. Hope it won't be another Chivalry or roses.

bledcarrot

Educated
Probably not RTW scale as, I assume, every soldier has to be a separate entity but it COULD be done. Mount&Blade did it years ago, no?
Trailer looks good, but they always do. Hope it won't be another Chivalry or roses.
Yeah but M&B, even at the time of its release, was a pretty shitty looking game with even shittier AI. That's the only reason they managed it. These guys are working towards probably the most advanced physics based combat we've seen in a game yet, with (apparently) pretty complex and responsive combat AI, while looking as beautiful as it does. I'm sceptical they'll be able to realise all that in large scale battles.

titus

Arcane
Patron
Yeah but M&B, even at the time of its release, was a pretty shitty looking game with even shittier AI. That's the only reason they managed it.
I wouldn't worry about graphics.

These guys are working towards probably the most advanced physics based combat we've seen in a game yet, with (apparently) pretty complex and responsive combat AI, while looking as beautiful as it does. I'm sceptical they'll be able to realise all that in large scale battles.
I'm skeptical that those things will even be true tbh. So far I've only seen cinematic trailers and developer(or is it PR?) talking.
This old gem comes to mind

bledcarrot

Educated
I wouldn't worry about graphics.

I'm skeptical that those things will even be true tbh...
They've released a whole bunch of gameplay footage, including some that shows details of combat physics and mechanics. They seem to be delivering on most of what they've promised. But scaling that up to large battles is ramping things up exponentially. So, yes, in this context graphics matter. As does AI.

titus

Arcane
Patron
They've released a whole bunch of gameplay footage, including some that shows details of combat physics and mechanics. They seem to be delivering on most of what they've promised. But scaling that up to large battles is ramping things up exponentially. So, yes, in this context graphics matter. As does AI.
I only mean that graphics can be scaled down. I can't seem to find any gameplay that shows combat. Can you link it?

Paul_cz

Arcane
I think the mass battles will be huge events, maybe like two or three max during the whole game, and a lot of it will be somehow faked so todays hardware will be able to handle it. Still, hopefully it will provide something interesting.

Disgruntled

Savant

ElderScrollsOblivionScreenshot11.jpg

Did they intentionally tack on those UI elements to give us Oblivion flashbacks?
Its not doing the game any favors. Id rather have all my attention on the gorgeous graphics, which is by far KC's biggest selling point for me at the moment.

Love

Cipher
That's no no though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom