Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is an RPG Nerd's RPG

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Just remember who published it:

ea-button-logo-490w.jpg

That should clear up any doubts you may have.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
For us Ultima Fags this was rather interesting:

http://www.ultimaaiera.com/blog/kingdom ... destinies/

As some of you may know, Big Huge Games’ upcoming RPG Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning — for which former Lazarus team leader Ian “Tiberius” Fraizer is the lead designer — doesn’t feature a class system per se. That is because the world of Amalur is a fatalist world; everyone’s life is defined by a set destiny. Everyone, that is, except you, the player. As a resurrectee (see what I did there?), you have become The Fateless One.

Anyhow, some time ago, the good Mr. Fraizer challenged me to spot the hidden Ultima reference buried in the the various Destiny Cards that had been released for public consumption to date.

Red for the Warrior (Fighter), Yellow for the Rogue (Bard), Blue for the Sage (Mage)…Orange for the Warrior/Rogue Warden (Fighter/Bard Tinker)…Green for the Rogue/Sage Arcanist (Bard/Mage Druid)…Violet for the Warrior/Sage Battlemage (Fighter/Mage Paladin)…and then White and Grey for the two classes that combine all three classes in different ways, the Adventurers and Seekers (Rangers and Shepherds).

Anyways, shitty action game is shitty.

KmNgT.jpg

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Metro said:
The C&C in Mass Effect basically amounted to: do you want to be a dick or not?

The natural consequence of a obsession with dualisms and narrative "conflict".

Bruticis

I believe Ian Frazier (Lazarus Designer) is on the development team which means I'm still interested. There's some subtle Ultima love in the character creation/destiny stuff.

Bruticis

Jaesun said:
He's the lead designer. I posted that already.
LOL, oops, yes you did! Sorry, you pasted the whole thing too. I can not into reading apparently.

Gentle Player

Arcane
Choices may direct you into different conversation branches and give the game a fresh feeling, but making the wrong choice won't cut out a piece of content for you

What's the point then? Why waste time putting the different branches in in the first place? If whatever you pick amounts to the same thing, then why not just write linear dialogue and save time? That way they could focus on improving the overall dialogue, instead of putting in pointless fluff. I really don't get it. :?

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Gentle Player said:
Choices may direct you into different conversation branches and give the game a fresh feeling, but making the wrong choice won't cut out a piece of content for you

What's the point then? Why waste time putting the different branches in in the first place? If whatever you pick amounts to the same thing, then why not just write linear dialogue and save time? That way they could focus on improving the overall dialogue, instead of putting in pointless fluff. I really don't get it. :?

Fallout had c&c and i don't remember it cutting out any content. Maybe he just meant shit like twitcher 2's split?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom