Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Knights Of The Chalice 2 Goals

skavenhorde

Novice
I fucked up with posting a two year old "update". It's always a shock to the system when Dhruin needs a break. Takes a while to figure out what the fuck is going on around the web when I'm so used to Dhruin doing it all. Freaking guy is a machine when it comes to finding these newsbits.

I've talked with Pierre and it's true. He's working on a RTS right now and FWE is on hold. Like I said though, some of the code for the RTS will be usable in FWE and hopefully it won't take that long to make.

The RTS may have a Dune-like vibe to it.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
oneself said:
Graphics revamp? Improved sound?

Not sure if first step towards decline.
Well the first game was shit in terms of graphics and sound, so I'm happy about these improvements.

Noddy

Augur
What was wrong with them? It wasn't a work of art but it looked pretty decent.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Noddy said:
What was wrong with them? It wasn't a work of art but it looked pretty decent.
It lacked bloom and anti-aliasing. :smug:
No, I actually didn't like the old NES Zelda style graphics, plus the Ultima VII camera angle. I know it's just a matter of preference, but it didn't feel right for me. The animations were also too minimalistic. I know indies can do better (Avadon comes into mind).

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
J_C said:
The animations were also too minimalistic. I know indies can do better (Avadon comes into mind).
Have you seen the Exile/Avernum series? KOTC looks better than both. It took Vogel years to come up to that standard and you can't use "indies" as a catch-all because different people have different financial circumstances. Those were the animations and graphics he could afford and not everyone gets lucky with someone willing to work for basically-free.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Roguey said:
J_C said:
The animations were also too minimalistic. I know indies can do better (Avadon comes into mind).
Have you seen the Exile/Avernum series? KOTC looks better than both. It took Vogel years to come up to that standard and you can't use "indies" as a catch-all because different people have different financial circumstances. Those were the animations and graphics he could afford and not everyone gets lucky with someone willing to work for basically-free.
I'm not arguing about that. I know that probably that was the best they could come up with, given the low budget of the game. I just said that I didn't like the style and look of it.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
J_C said:
I'm not arguing about that. I know that probably that was the best they could come up with, given the low budget of the game. I just said that I didn't like the style and look of it.

Ah, ok. Thanks for this important piece of info.

What do you think about the graphics of The Witcher 2 and/or Skyrim? Gorgeous? Like/Dislike?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
VentilatorOfDoom said:
J_C said:

Ah, ok. Thanks for this important piece of info.

What do you think about the graphics of The Witcher 2 and/or Skyrim? Gorgeous? Like/Dislike?
No need to be sarcastic.

But since you asked, The Witcher 2 has amazing graphics, one of the best looking games evar! Skyrim is just bland, grey and boring.

Noddy

Augur
J_C said:
Roguey said:
J_C said:

If i'm remembering right, i think the developer deliberatly went low-res just because he like how it looked.

But anyway, you're right, personal preference and all that. Not that it matters, KOTC could be ASCII and i'd still play it just because the combat was so fucking good.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Remember that KotC now has 2 more graphical modes, in one of which you can see a lot more on the screen.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom