Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Kodex Kompetitive Krew (CS:GO)

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
vtUk5hV.png

Turns out some codex people play the popamole abomination that is Counter Strike: Global Offensive (http://store.steampowered.com/app/730/ ). If you want to play together join this group:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/kodexkrew

I'm thinking that in a month or two we could have a team ready for tournaments :M

Last edited:
Could be a nice group idea for codex competetive mp in general, not just CS. Seeing how there isn't much competetive mp, or much of any kind of mp really, going on in CDS, we need a group choice for people who are interested in mostly gaming over gossiping.

Renegen

Arcane
If any of you ladies want to play competitively, I play quite a bit of League of Legends. (I will compromise for Dota if codexers are involved... wankers) Millions of people tryhard in that game every month just to go higher in ranking. Probably better than having some tryhard team in Team Fortress 2 or something that gives up the second we lose a game.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
If any of you ladies want to play competitively, I play quite a bit of League of Legends.
jesus fucking christ

I'm up for some CS:GO. I can be good with the desert eagle.

Renegen

Arcane
Oh shit Zed's here, quick no one mention him about his inferiority complex.

Wow, you guys are some tough shit.

If you need a guy who can play a mean game of canasta, give me a call.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Wow, you guys are some tough shit.

If you need a guy who can play a mean game of canasta, give me a call.

Are you any good at Whist? I'll settle for Bridge but you'll have to put in at least 5hrs/day practice to git on my level.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Could be a nice group idea for codex competetive mp in general, not just CS. Seeing how there isn't much competetive mp, or much of any kind of mp really, going on in CDS, we need a group choice for people who are interested in mostly gaming over gossiping.
That's not a bad idea (if there's interest ofc). I made the group to have quick list of codexers with cs:go but we'll see.

If any of you ladies want to play competitively, I play quite a bit of League of Legends.
jesus fucking christ

I'm up for some CS:GO. I can be good with the desert eagle.
Join the group so I can befriend you/invite to matches.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I dont even have CS:GO and never played it - but thanks for the invite I guess :P

Bruticis

People still play CS? Why? Oh right, 3rd worlders and 10 year old PCs. Disgusting. Nuke thread and kill OP.

Erzherzog

Magister
I actually bought CS:GO this weekend. I need to build a new PC because playing competitively with shit equipment is...painful. (I used to play on a 15" screen...somehow.)

I was part of a Red Orchestra team that won $4,000, really into competitive shooters. Actually bought CS:GO as soon as I found out there's a non-CoD shooter of significance. Been a couple years I'm obviously going to be rusty as fuck.

Should be up and gaming in a month or so. Once I figure out my finances from the holidays.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Any real difference between CS:GO and CS:S? I've actually kinda toyed with the idea of casually playing CS:GO to just pick up items I see people selling on Steam all the time.

Steve

Augur
Any real difference between CS:GO and CS:S? I've actually kinda toyed with the idea of casually playing CS:GO to just pick up items I see people selling on Steam all the time.

Besides the obvious stuff like graphics and sounds, I'd say the biggest changes are the addition of a built in matchmaking and ranking system and the continuous support from Valve. Also, the weapon recoil in CS:GO is a LOT higher than in CS:S which is a problem for some players. There is of course new weapons and two new grenades, decoy and molotov. Decoy is kinda useless in higher level games but molotov is really handy.

You won't get that many items by playing just casually but you can always bet the ones that you have on progames in hope for more valuable stuff, I've made about 40 Gabenbucks by betting since I started playing CS:GO (Last summer).

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Our glorious KKK managed to lose a match 0:16 yesterday improving our record of 1:16 earlier. I can already see the progress.
:dance:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
In LoL there's "wood elo", "bronze baddies" and "person from brazil". In WoT there's "tomatoes", "siema players" and "Russian".

So what do they call bad players/scrubs in CSGO?

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
In LoL there's "wood elo", "bronze baddies" and "person from brazil". In WoT there's "tomatoes", "siema players" and "Russian".

So what do they call bad players/scrubs in CSGO?
fags?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Googling that led to the recorded stream of the first Codex ranked matches:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom