Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Interview KOTOR II: Interview with Frank Kowalkowski

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Tags: Obsidian Entertainment; Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords

Frank Kowalkowski is a Senior Programmer at Obsidian Entertainment and he was nice enough to answer a few questions. His current game is Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords, which is slated for a winter release on both the PC and Xbox platforms. The current programming team on KOTOR 2 also include: Adam Brennecke, Anthony Davis, Rich Taylor, Dan Spitzley, Jay Fong, and Chris "Fearless Programming Leader" Jones.

Voss

Erudite
Do you know, I don't think I've ever lost a sock?

Sol Invictus

Erudite
I lost underwear once. But that was only because my roommate (at one time) flung it out of the window. Jerk.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Failure to link to the interview from the post in the Content Feedback forum.

Spazmo

Erudite
Well, you see, we don't actually know what the URL for the article will be until it's posted behind the scenes for editor approval. That's why we always forget to do it.

magniis

Educated
On the subject of KOTOR & KOTOR2 I am curious to know how many endings are viewable? How do you access the hidden endings if any,are there extra endings? Oh, and one more thing, whoever the f'ing moron is that stuck "barely literate" on the far left, I'll have you know I read at a adult level, It's just my writing skills that are not so good.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Do you really think that someone would bother slapping a custom title on you?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
HAHAHA!
And, I'm so proud to be a Dumbfuck because someone *did* bother to give me a Custom Title.

HAHAHAHAHA!!

Data4

Arcane
magniis said:
On the subject of KOTOR & KOTOR2 I am curious to know how many endings are viewable? How do you access the hidden endings if any,are there extra endings? Oh, and one more thing, whoever the f'ing moron is that stuck "barely literate" on the far left, I'll have you know I read at a adult level, It's just my writing skills that are not so good.

You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else.

-D4

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Volourn said:
HAHAHA!
And, I'm so proud to be a Dumbfuck because someone *did* bother to give me a Custom Title.

HAHAHAHAHA!!
The key word in my previous post was *you*. The Bibleboy has done nothing to draw attention to him yet, YOU, on the other hand, Volly, have done quite a lot.

magniis

Educated
yo, valt F.Y.I. 1 I am not a child, contrary to popular belief,2 The holy scripters RULE!,read them sometime,awesome if applyed to your life, ya might find it advantagous.I say the same to D4& dumbfuck. So live long and perspire all!

FrancoTAU

Cipher
magniis said:
yo, valt F.Y.I. 1 I am not a child, contrary to popular belief,2 The holy scripters RULE!,read them sometime,awesome if applyed to your life, ya might find it advantagous.I say the same to D4& dumbfuck. So live long and perspire all!

You do realize that everyone who has under a 100 posts is labeled with "Barely Literate" right?

gromit

Arcane
Frank said:
What weaknesses people may perceive from playing the game are actually a result of some of the engine’s greatest strengths. Eliminating those weaknesses would create noticeable vacuums elsewhere.

I wish he had given us an example; it sounds like it'd be interesting to hear about.

magniis

Educated
Ohhhhkaaay, mr.king comrade has issues, like lack of brain cells I think.(note)to gain said brain cells back, 1 Magniis obviously is not 7, but is probably old enough to be his father,2 read the holy scriptures. Live long and prosper!

magniis

Educated
They also say that sarcasam is the recourse of the weak minded,mr king comrade. surely you jest? One more thing,I do believe I mentioned that my writing skills are not so good, 'kay. Oh and bad writing skills have nothing to do with age,or lack of intellegence on my part they have to do with not paying attention in class,oh about ages ago. So live long and prosper.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom