Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

La révolution du RPG!

Susan's twin

Novice
"Since the announcement of Hellgate: London, we've had a lot of requests for a class of characters that place an emphasis on player skill through mid-to-long ranged weapon attacks," said Bill Roper, CEO and co-founder of Flagship Studios. "By removing auto-aiming and target-locking, the Hunter has been designed to provide a game play experience which will appeal directly to FPS players."

La révolution est sur nous.
icon_salut.gif

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Well, I still think this might be quite an enjoyable game, even if it's as close to being an RPG as Goodkind to being a good author.

whitemithrandir

Erudite
Susan's twin said:
Une classe ? Un mode ? Le ho de Ho, périssent la pensée, petit homme idiot. Le chasseur est une façon de vivre!

C'est n'est pas une questionne de class ou mode. C'est une questionne de l'histoire d'humanite, un revolucion religeuse et polit, c'est un grand piece de fromage!

Chase! Chase avec moi! Voulez vous dancer avec les chasseur? Si non, que vous avez ne mori pas?

Susan's twin

Novice
Bras de bébé ! Vous observer violer la langue française est réminiscent est de passer par 'Nam encore une fois. Le langage figuré vif clignote avant mes yeux, retraite fantasmagorique de rêves mes séjours nocturnes. Je suis de retour dans le nang de da, genou-profond dans tous ces sang et entrailles. Il revient tout à moi maintenant. Nous étions dans cette barre dans Saigon et ce gosse monte, ce gosse que porter chaussure-polissent la boîte. Et il dit l'"éclat, svp, éclat!" Je ledit non. Il a continué à demander, ouais, et Joey a indiqué "ouais." Et je suis allé obtenir un couple des bières, et la boîte a été câblée, et il a ouvert la boîte, baisant a soufflé son corps partout. Et il s'étend là, il baise des cris. Il y a des morceaux de lui partout je, juste... comme ceci, et j'essaye de le retirer, vous sais, mon ami qui est partout moi ! J'ai le sang et tout et moi essaye de le tenir ensemble ! Je subsistance d'intérieurs mets... du type baise l''sortant ! Et personne n'aiderait ! Personne n'aiderait ! Il dit, dire "je veux aller à la maison ! Je veux aller à la maison!" Il continue à appeler mon nom ! "je veux aller à la maison, Johnny ! Je veux conduire mon Chevy!" J'ai dit "pourquoi ? Je ne peux pas trouver vos jambes foutues ! Je ne peux pas trouver vos jambes!"

Il non plus de, vous savez. Rien non plus de ! Rien ! Vous juste ne l'arrêtez pas ! Ce n'était pas ma guerre ! Et j'ai fait ce que j'ai dû faire pour gagner ! Mais quelqu'un ne nous laisserait pas gagner ! Et je reviens au monde et je vois toutes ces larves à l'aéroport, me protestant, crachant. M'appelant tueur de bébé et toutes sortes de merde vile ! Qui sont-elles pour me protester ? Qui sont-elles ? À moins qu'ils aient été moi et aient été là et sachent diable qu'elles hurlent au sujet de ! N'oubliez jamais.

The_Pope

Scholar
So now it's playable as an FPS with randomly generated levels? Good. That at least requires the activation of the primitive reflex based parts of the brain, rather than absolutely none at all. I'm actually thinking of picking it up now - at first I had no interest in the game. It sounded like holding down a win button until my character finishes killing everything for me.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, the game seems more interesting as an FPS with RPG elements rather than as Nothing At All with RPG elements.

spacemoose

Erudite
since the term "RPG" has been hijacked by the unwashed masses to mean "the shooter in a setting that I like this week", I suggest we start using a different term to refer to what used to be called "RPGs" maybe "CCGs" (as in choice and consequence games)?

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Spacemoose said:
since the term "RPG" has been hijacked by the unwashed masses to mean "the shooter in a setting that I like this week", I suggest we start using a different term to refer to what used to be called "RPGs" maybe "CCGs" (as in choice and consequence games)?

The_Pope

Scholar
Spacemoose said:

Signed.

I honestly hadn't really liked RPGs until I found out about games like Fallout and PS:T from here because I thought RPG meant kiddy grindfest. Those games are too awesome to be in the same genre as Oblivion and Diablo.

chiefnewo

Liturgist
Elwro said:
Well, I still think this might be quite an enjoyable game, even if it's as close to being an RPG as Goodkind to being a good author.

I think it's you I have to thank for my not buying his latest one.

Dmitron

Arbiter
Keender_surprise said:
Dmitron said:
LCJr. said:
Saigon. Shit. I'm still only in Saigon.

:lol:

I know that phrase is from Apocalypse Now, but how does it relate to this discussion?

French Indochina. Vietnam was a French colony..
Remember the plantation scene from Apocalypse Now Redux?

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Oh, I try not to.

If I'm lucky, that is the bit where my degree of inebriation is such that the overly prolonged scene is imbued with a lazy sense of wonder (and then I'm drunk by the time the good bits arrive).
If I'm unlucky I'm asleep from either (a) drinking too quickly, or (b) being too sober and bored.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom