Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Labyrinth of Touhou 2 released

Niektory

one of some
Patron
I approve of this development.

There's a WIP playable demo available on the game's official site:
http://www.geocities.jp/aaa_3peso/THL2/top.htm

At first glance looks like more of the same, only with prettier graphics.

13_01_29.jpg

13_04_10.jpg

13_03_19.jpg

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
This could potentially be very awesome. I'm not even going to wait for a translation for this thing, I'll muddle through without as soon as it's done. Touhou Labyrinth had the best combat/party system I've seen in a blobber in ages, and the actual content of those battles made it overall the best combat I've seen in a blobber ever.

Many :bro: for bringing this to my attention.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
I bet these games are really good. They look really good and I want to play them, but I can only handle so much anime...

I might give it a shot someday but I can only take so many moe anime girls.

Niektory

one of some
Patron
Will Dodiing actually work this time around?
I've tried the demo and yes, it seems to work. At least I was missing some attacks.

I bet these games are really good. They look really good and I want to play them, but I can only handle so much anime...

I might give it a shot someday but I can only take so many moe anime girls.
hqdefault.jpg

Definitely early beta/alpha stage at this point. Looks nice (The bloom filter overdoes things for characters but looks good otherwise). Had to escape from the first mob.

Played for about an hour and cleared a floor.

- Characters now earn skill points when they level, which can be spent on a variety of passive and active abilities. I believe I could be quoted in the previous thread as suggesting this as the best possible addition that could be done to increase the variety and customizability of characters. Please hold your thanks.
- Full respecs are in. Which, if this game is anywhere near as hardcore as the first, will probably be essential.
- When you die at a boss you can now restart the battle from the beginning.

Otherwise things look to be principally the same.

>Geocities

Ho-lee shit. Those still exist.

More to the point, my moon knowledge is definitely too limited to play this, so I guess I'll have to wait.:(

Apparently Yahoo is still a big thing in Japan. I have no idea why.

It's not really in much of a playable state atm anyway. Your movements in the dungeon aren't even animated, you glide around in a standing position. No sound either. Demo ends after first floor.

Do play the original though if you haven't, it's translated and excellent.

Cool name

Arcane
Do play the original though if you haven't, it's translated and excellent.

And one of the most hardcore thingies evar. :?

Prettier graphics? WTF man.

The first one was so attrocious the first thing any serious Touhoutard did was to replace the original graphics with their favorite images of the girls, taken from their personal collection and edited to fit the UI and the engine. Hell, I did learn GIMP just to be able to do that too.

This is how it did look unmoded:

labyrinth-of-touhou-current-team.jpg

labtou2.jpg

14dj2qd.jpg

Edit: Still better than ZUN's own art, though.

Why should I care about a game with such a limited top down perspective when blobbers are all about first person exploration?

Touhou Labyrinth is all about the brutal combat. There is little to the dungeon itself other than event rooms, stair rooms, and boss battles. But from the third floor down even random trash enemies can wipe your party, and the boss battles are sadistically epic affairs.

Monstrous Bat

Cipher
That reminds me, I've still gotten to finish the first LoT at some time. IIRC I was on the 10th floor in my save. I loved the hell out of the boss fights in the first game, but unfortunately 90% of the game just involves using the same spells against the same trash mobs over and over again, which eventually killed my interest in the game. Maybe now is a good time to pick up from where I left.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom