Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Land of Legends Review at Strategy Informer

Jason

chasing a bee
Strategy Informer just posted a review of Land of Legends, a goofy yet interesting turn-based strategy game from Tiny Hero and Shrapnel. SI describes it as "a rather good game masquerading as a kind of crappy game." It gets a 6.5, with low marks for graphics and sound and high marks for gameplay, AI, and value. Hooray for stupid looking turn-based games!

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
Interesting, NEWS POSTING TIME.

And it doesn't look that bad, just a wee-bit childish maybe. Reminds me a lot of like the Tonka games.

Jason

chasing a bee
40841_imageMain400.jpg

My wizard will cast MAGIC DUMPTRUCK on your archers!

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
I almost have 3000 posts :che:

Anyway, looking at some other reviews, I just don't see a reason to get this game when you can just play HoMM2/3 or Age of Wonders. Unless you have a thing for children's styled artwork, it really seems like an average game overall.

Jason

chasing a bee
I actually do have a thing for childish-looking TB games. I blame it on my past SNES obsession (Bahamut Lagoon, Front Mission, Earthbound, Langrisser, Super Conflict, etc).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom