Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Latest News: Dragon Age DLC reviewed

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Volourn said:
"About you being irrelevant, don't say that, Our Lord Jesus has a place in his heart for eveyone"

I don't give a shit about mass murderers.

Jesus was a mass murderer? Princess what's wrong with you?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Lavoisier said:
Volourn said:
"About you being irrelevant, don't say that, Our Lord Jesus has a place in his heart for eveyone"

I don't give a shit about mass murderers.

Jesus was a mass murderer? Princess what's wrong with you?

The :honourblade: is just edgy these days.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Read the bible. Jesus *is* God. God ordered the murder of masses of people multiple times. Hence, the statement that Jesus is a mass murder is fact. It might be 'edgy', but it's also true.

Black Cat

Magister
@ Volourn

From a technical standpoint Jesus is an aspect of YHVH, not YHVH itself. Aspects of YHVH are considered to have individual being and existence, not being the same being but a part with a sense of Self. Since Jesus is not YHVH but an extention of His will ("Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?") he would be as much of a mass murderer as a random angel or the moon or the fish in the sea. And as Adam, and therefore you.

Oh, i almost forget. Nya!

Moray

Scholar
sheek said:
Is Warden's Keep worth 560 points?

I already have a storage chest (modded) so I am not going to buy it for that.

What does 560 points equate to in actual dollar value?

If I were to give you my opinion, I would say it's probably not worth it. It's fairly short, the story really isn't that compelling - despite the impression you might otherwise get from the DA forums or something - and there's no challenge to it either. The only miniscule, and I emphasize that word, redeeming value are the items, which in no way make it worth it.

If you want the benefits of Warden's Keep - i.e., the items and storage chest - just download the Winter's Forge mod so you can make your own items, and the camp storage mod (which you already have), respectively.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"From a technical standpoint Jesus is an aspect of YHVH, not YHVH itself. Aspects of YHVH are considered to have individual being and existence, not being the same being but a part with a sense of Self. Since Jesus is not YHVH but an extention of His will ("Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?") he would be as much of a mass murderer as a random angel or the moon or the fish in the sea. And as Adam, and therefore you.

Oh, i almost forget. Nya!"

Jesus is God. God consists of the Father, the Son (aka jesus), and the Holy Spirit. He is a mass murderer. How do you feel about worshipping a mass murderer?

And, no, being the creator doesn't give him the right. Your parents created you; but they would definitely be punished 9if caught) if they murdered you. Well.. I'm presuming you are living in a civilized power.

Twinkle

Liturgist
jesus-gun.gif

Stop the lies.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Volourn said:
"From a technical standpoint Jesus is an aspect of YHVH, not YHVH itself. Aspects of YHVH are considered to have individual being and existence, not being the same being but a part with a sense of Self. Since Jesus is not YHVH but an extention of His will ("Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?") he would be as much of a mass murderer as a random angel or the moon or the fish in the sea. And as Adam, and therefore you.

Oh, i almost forget. Nya!"

Jesus is God. God consists of the Father, the Son (aka jesus), and the Holy Spirit. He is a mass murderer. How do you feel about worshipping a mass murderer?

And, no, being the creator doesn't give him the right. Your parents created you; but they would definitely be punished 9if caught) if they murdered you. Well.. I'm presuming you are living in a civilized power.

Princess right in the quote it says "From a technical standpoint Jesus is an aspect of YHVH, not YHVH itself." and your first argument is "Jesus is God." :|

Have you ever read the bible son? There are great things to be learned in the new testament. I'm sure Our Lord wouldn't like to see you so angry at his other children for something as trivial as videogames. Move on. Move on.

sheek

Arbiter
Moray said:
sheek said:
Is Warden's Keep worth 560 points?

I already have a storage chest (modded) so I am not going to buy it for that.

What does 560 points equate to in actual dollar value?

If I were to give you my opinion, I would say it's probably not worth it. It's fairly short, the story really isn't that compelling - despite the impression you might otherwise get from the DA forums or something - and there's no challenge to it either. The only miniscule, and I emphasize that word, redeeming value are the items, which in no way make it worth it.

If you want the benefits of Warden's Keep - i.e., the items and storage chest - just download the Winter's Forge mod so you can make your own items, and the camp storage mod (which you already have), respectively.
I think 560 is around $7 USD. Thought it would be as you describe, not worthwhile especially for just two playthroughs.

What is true is that often DLCs seem more focused and polished, content for content than OCs. DA's Shale quest was a nice area which would have made a decent side quest. If only they could treat the whole game as a collection of DLC's, and then sell them as one for normal retail price...

Black Cat

Magister
@ Volly

Jesus is an aspect of YHVH, yes. He is not the whole. He can't be the whole since for a whole to become parts it must deny his own nature and loss its wholeness. Since Catholicism and Christianity is just a bastardized form of JEW-daism and Cabalah i'll explain it like that, so pay attention little grasshoping padawan double hime chan...

YHVH is HE, our Lord. Jesus is God The Son, indeed. In the holy name of God he is represented as the Vau, so he is God as an intermediary (between heaven and earth, or between the lowly matter of Malkuth in Assiah and HE who is our Lord). He's no longer HE, since he has become HIS manifest agent in the same way humanity is a part of HIM since it is given life by HIS breath or how creation is a part of HIM since it was given shape by HIS will focuse on HIS word. This doesn't mean humanity and creation equal Jesus, this means that when Jesus became manifest (created, realized) HE no longer was HE, but a part or aspect of HE. Being that the nature of a part is to null the whole (since a whole cannot be divided while still being, like, whole) it is impossible for Jesus to be YHVH. He's just one of HIS aspects, the V. While creation is another of HIS aspects, the last H.

The most common example of this is in the line i quoted you: "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?"

Why would YHVH question HIS own workings if HE was whole and, therefore, was able to see them and understand them? The only reason for Jesus to ask YHVH why did HE did such a thing was for Jesus to have lost sight of the whole upon becoming manifest. He was YHVH becoming Man. He was not YHVH inside a mortal shell.

There's some confussion about whether is the evil angry biblical YHVH, in HIS aspect as the Lord of armies and hosts and war usually known as Sabaoth or Tzabaoth in JEW-ish stuffies and thingies like Cabalah and you know what, was part of the first H, what catholics and xtians call the Holy Spirit, or of the Y, that would be God The Father. What is kind of clear is that there is absolutely nothing of Sabaoth in God The Son. There's actually more of Sabaoth in, like, Michael the angry archangel with a flaming sword than in Jesus the nice guy who tried to be a middle man between humanity and HIM and got, like, nailed to a tree as a reward.

That's, like, it, more or less. :?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
[Perception] A semantic bible-discussion featuring a religious weeaboo as madre, Lavoisier as padre, and Volourn as the atheist, in a topic about Mass Effect 2 made by the most obvious troll.

[Intelligence] Only at the 'dex.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
The DLC starts off quite retarded with you stumbling upon an execution of a survivor of the battle. Apparantly he's executed for being a deserter. Then when you kill his executors who for some reason turn on you instantly he tells you of a key he has to the chest with royal weapons. Weapons which the (howdoyoucallthebadthingsagain?) apparantly can't touch because these weapons are too strong for them. Which was pretty amazing considering the very land withers by their touch and they seem to turn ancient gods into twisted demons quite regularly. Anuway, after that it's mostly hack and slash with some phat loot thrown in. All in all it's a dull, incoherent and rushed romp compared with the return to Ostragar DLC.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Grunker said:
[Perception] A semantic bible-discussion featuring a religious weeaboo as madre, Lavoisier as padre, and Volourn as the atheist, in a topic about Mass Effect 2 made by the most obvious troll.

[Intelligence] Only at the 'dex.

... weren't we talking about Dragon Age?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom