Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Launch Fest?

GiordanoWC

Novice
If some of you recall, I'd touched briefly on taking VD out for a drink in our resident city (Toronto) for the launch. I'm quite stoked for the release of AoD, and I'd like to show my appreciation for the Toronto team by having a little get-together at one of the cafe's on college street or on st.clair avenue (because, let's face it, the only thing I can contribute is sound design).

This is a tripartite question:

a) Would the local crew/supporters/buyers want to do something like this?

b) how many of you would ACTUALLY be attending?

c) where would you guys like to go for it?

I've got a couple of connections in the bar/lounge community here, so I can get us a table or two at Spacco, Alleycatz, Caffe Diplomatico, and even Vivoli.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Well, it won't be tomorrow, that's for sure. We still have a lot to do, but as long as the game is shaping up nicely, I'm ok with taking our time to do it right. Doesn't mean we can't have a drink or two one day. Anybody else lives in Toronto?

Vault Dweller

Developer
We should definitely wait for him. He's bringing hot Spanish chicks.

obediah

Erudite
When the game is released, I'll pick all the codexers up in my hoverbus and take us to Neo-Toronto to celebrate!

(sorry, I hate because I love!)

Starwars

Arcane
If you ever come to the southern parts of Sweden, I'll buy you a beer or two (I'm generous like that).

GiordanoWC

Novice
obediah said:
When the game is released, I'll pick all the codexers up in my hoverbus and take us to Neo-Toronto to celebrate!

(sorry, I hate because I love!)

That *was* pretty funny.

VD: I'm aware that you aren't yet near the release date, I'm simply tossing the idea out there to gauge forum responses to the idea.

cardtrick

Arbiter
Elhoim said:
Vault Dweller said:
We should definitely wait for him. He's bringing hot Argentinian chicks.

Fixed.

I always thought the word for "from or of Argentina" should be "Argentiny" rather than "Argentinian." Probably just me.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Hm, come to think of it, a traditional Polish-style release party could work as there are many Poles on the Codex. I'm sure we'd all be, um, spiritually elated.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
If you guys were in Jersey, you'd have a much better time with me. I take you along the scenic route: strip clubs, Illegal Gambling Houses run by either Asians or the Russian Mob, Betting Houses run by the wiseguys, whorehouses run by whores, gunrunners, drug dealers, the whole lot. It would be a fucking blast.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Blackhart is our official link to the wonderful world of organized crime. Be afraid, Todd, be very afraid.

Mamon

Scholar
When is this game coming out?

Oh, and Latinas>spaniards. Latinos in general for the win.

GiordanoWC

Novice
Elhoim said:
Vault Dweller said:
Elhoim said:
Vault Dweller said:
We should definitely wait for him. He's bringing hot Argentinian chicks.

Fixed.
Fucking racist.

Of course. Our girls are much more beautiful than the spanish ones.

Check this, real argentinian girls:

http://altapendeja.com/ranking/

Que ora es?

Donde es el boligrafo?

El boligrafo es sul la tabla.

Yo soy Giordano.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom