Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Leaked video from Warhorse presentation

MetalCraze

Arcane
Wyrmlord said:
In most games, when an object flies through the air, it just phases past enemies.

BTW Wyrmie in case you didn't know we are living in the 21st century for 12 years now. Maybe you should diversify most of your DOS games with something newer?

And even if it does hit the enemy, few have such attention to detail, that one enemy's body flying through the air and hitting another enemy's arm will cause the weapon being wielded by him to fall off.
You mean when enemies die in games with any kind of body physics they get ragdolled and their weapons fall out of their hands? Holy fucking shit

Body hits him in the leg and he slips off the cliff. Body hits him in the head, and he might die.

ITT - Wyrmie learns about the existence of ragdolls. Welcome to a decade ago.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
You mean when enemies die in games with any kind of body physics they get ragdolled and their weapons fall out of their hands? Holy fucking shit
No, I mean that in Crysis, it was possible for enemies to be hit in such a manner that they don't die, but the weapon falls off their hands. And then they have to get up and pick their weapon back up again. How many other games do you know where you can disarm enemies from the sheer force of how you hit them?

As for living in the 21st century, you were the one who was still using his GeForce 5500 back in 2007 and complaining that games don't run on them. You were the one who was behind the times, whining that you only like old games anyway and that new games are bad because they don't run on your PC. So hearing this behind-the-21st-century-DOS-player comment from YOU is pretty bizarre.

MetalCraze

Arcane
No, I mean that in Crysis, it was possible for enemies to be hit in such a manner that they don't die, but the weapon falls off their hands. And then they have to get up and pick their weapon back up again.
Except it's scripted as fuck. Have you seen a single enemy in Crysis running without a weapon after he dropped it?

How many other games do you know where you can disarm enemies from the sheer force of how you hit them?
Fallout from 1997 would be a good start. And unlike in superadvanced Crysis from 2007 in dat shitty Fallout enemies would beat the superior weapon out of your hands, then drop their own, pick your weapon up and blast you in the face with it. And Fallout didn't even need to pretend like it has DX10 for that.

As for living in the 21st century, you were the one who was still using his GeForce 5500 back in 2007 and complaining that games don't run on them.

I never even owned GeForce 5500. Did sudden butthurt spike corrupt your dox storage unit, wiki?

You were the one who was behind the times, whining that you only like old games anyway and that new games are bad because they don't run on your PC.

I sure did - playing and completing those shitty new games like ArmA, Blood Bowl, Risen, Divinity 2, GTA4 etc. when they came out which my PC clearly couldn't handle.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Fallout from 1997 would be a good start. And unlike in superadvanced Crysis from 2007 in dat shitty Fallout enemies would beat the superior weapon out of your hands, then drop their own, pick your weapon up and blast you in the face with it. And Fallout didn't even need to pretend like it has DX10 for that.
Hmmm....

Actually, to be very honest, you've got me there. I can't dispute this very correct point you just made.

I am thinking right now of how I thought destructible environments would be a big innovation, when I discovered that turn-based games from mid-1990s already did that. Strange that 3D games needed elaborate innovations and strides to reach where many 1990s games had already reached a long time ago.

adure

Liturgist
oh well.
thats exactly what games these days need!
better graphics...

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Fallout from 1997 would be a good start. And unlike in superadvanced Crysis from 2007 in dat shitty Fallout enemies would beat the superior weapon out of your hands, then drop their own, pick your weapon up and blast you in the face with it. And Fallout didn't even need to pretend like it has DX10 for that
This has never happened to me. As I recall, when your arm is crippled, your weapon goes back into your inventory, not the ground. If this does happen (like through some critical failure), it must be some weird one in a million occurrence.

Wizfall

Cipher
You may drop your weapon when you critical miss if i remember well.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Yeah, I thought that might be the case. But it's not something you can intentionally do to another character as he presented it and critical failures like that are rare unless you're taking jinx.

It's a wiki devoted to modding Fallout. Those are the critical hit tables, as they exist in Fallout 1/2.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, I thought that might be the case. But it's not something you can intentionally do to another character as he presented it and critical failures like that are rare unless you're taking jinx.

It's a wiki devoted to modding Fallout. Those are the critical hit tables, as they exist in Fallout 1/2.

I meant that Vots and Skyway may have been using mods.

Moribund

A droglike
Is this really a discussion? There's no need to get anal retentive about it, it's hardly groundbreaking.

Only someone with a head full of cheese would think this is some great innovation.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom