Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Left 4 Dead

barker_s

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Don't know about you guys, but I'm so anticipating this title. It's co-op and it has zombies. And knowing Valve's attention to detail, it just can't go wrong.

See for yourself - Making of Left 4 Dead .

What do you think?

Kaiserin

Liturgist
I think it will rock, but I've been watching it long enough that I might have drank the koolaid.

MisterStone

Arcane
Well, it might be kickass, and it might suck. My hype detector goes off when I hear them go on about stuff like the "left 4 dead director" and procedurally generated levels. Still, it looks kind of fun.. the terrain deformation and so on looks good.

The name is throwing me off. It seemed good when I heard about it before. But the name makes me sick.

MisterStone

Arcane
The use of a number in place of a word is a sign of retardedness and an overfondness of texting... but then again, I don't think they're aiming for a highbrow crowd with this game. :)

Quigs

Magister
I personally can't wait for Left 5 Dead.

Sides. It sounds alot like CS ZedMod, only 60 dollars more.

barker_s

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
MisterStone said:
My hype detector goes off when I hear them go on about stuff like the "left 4 dead director" and procedurally generated levels.

It's more like procedurally generated encounters, not levels, which seems to be pretty neat idea in my opinion. Besides I've been following Valve's games since Half-Life. If they hype something it's usually because they have it and it's really cool.

Destroid said:
Just get zombie panic, this mod is awesome.

Hah, I played Zombie Panic since some early betas on HL1 engine :wink: . Yeah, it was pretty awesome but we're talking about different kind of gameplay here. It's pretty amazing that a "mainstream" company is doing something that no other company has attempted in, I don't know, 5 years?

barker_s

Cipher
Patron
Was it co-op oriented? I'm talking about a game which main emphasis is put on cooperative mode.

Fez

Erudite
It is horrible. Only slightly better than a zombie apocalypse itself.

Mareus

Magister
Director adapting to your game play? Call me a bit sceptic. Doesn't sound much better than level scaling.

barker_s

Cipher
Patron
Yeah, it's creepy, but have you played any multiplayer games where you fight cooperatively against slow zombies? I did and I must tell you that it's creepy only at the beginning and later it turns into "find a highest obstacle, climb it, pick zombies one by one with some gun" . It becomes so fucking boring. Fast zombies will probably bring some tension into the game.

Random

Arcane
Patron
Man, this game is gonna suck. I mean, they never ran out of ammo! You have unlimited ammo! What the hell kind of zombie game gives you unlimited ammo? Besides the steaming pile of shit that is RE4 and the soon-to-come RE5!

Mareus

Magister
Random said:
Man, this game is gonna suck. I mean, they never ran out of ammo! You have unlimited ammo! What the hell kind of zombie game gives you unlimited ammo? Besides the steaming pile of shit that is RE4 and the soon-to-come RE5!
Errr... didn't the guy said that if you are low on ammo and beat up the director will take that into consideration and make the next encounter a bit easier?

MisterStone

Arcane
That's right. So the "left 4 dead director" is a hypey name for difficulty scaling. :(

Dire Roach

Prophet
I don't mind running zombies, but they seem to be moving way too fast in this game, like an assload of homing missiles flying at you.

The HL1 BrainBread mod was pretty good and featured slow zombies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom