Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Lets play Brigandine: The Legend of Forsena

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Bump.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Update time!
BriT0001.jpg

Since Esgares is spread thin as fuck and has like just 20 monsters between the two castles bordering here, and our troops are OP, we're gonna split this group and take two at once.
BriT0002.jpg

Fato is first.
BriT0003.jpg

Ah, the twins. The get dialogue because they're both deployed together.
BriT0004.jpg

BriT0005.jpg

BriT0006.jpg

BriT0007.jpg

BriT0008.jpg

BriT0009.jpg

Clearly these evil people must be destroyed.
BriT0010.jpg

Also, they have fucking Esclados here and way more monsters than I thought they would. Was not supposed to be this way.
BriT0011.jpg

Twins are considered a bad omen by people in this game. Zemeckis took them in though. D'awww.
BriT0012.jpg

Not only do they have 3 units, their monstes are mostly heavy expensive shit like dragons. Fuck.
BriT0013.jpg

We're gonna try this shit anyways though.
BriT0014.jpg

She's gotta attack us now, she's in line of fire for a breath weapon.
BriT0015.jpg

Argh, careful whore!
BriT0016.jpg

And golgepap takes the first hit of our battle, and it's a crit. Not a good sign.
BriT0017.jpg

Well, at least he returned it in kind.
BriT0018.jpg

If we can take out Millet here early, the enemy will be back down to 2 knights, and might even retreat.
BriT0019.jpg

We got some good mobility and strong units, so it might work.
BriT0021.jpg

Getting there...
BriT0022.jpg

Here we have a double elemental bonus, she's black and blue while Jarlfrank is white and red.
BriT0023.jpg

Shit.
BriT0024.jpg

We can't get anyone else in range to finish her, so we'll work on Esclados next.
BriT0025.jpg

God he hits hard.
BriT0026.jpg

And golgepap will wait instead of eating counter attack damage. I just want him here so they can't get 4 guys around cleve.
BriT0027.jpg

This might suck. Or she might just flee since she has 18 hp and no way to heal.
BriT0028.jpg

Oh boy.
BriT0029.jpg

Nice! :dance:
BriT0031.jpg

And a critical counter. Keep this up and we can win for sure.
BriT0032.jpg

Fucking all the way man!
BriT0033.jpg

Cool.
BriT0034.jpg

Aw fuck.
BriT0035.jpg

And what will samurai dude do?
BriT0036.jpg

OW.
BriT0037.jpg

Well, this is interesting.
BriT0038.jpg

First thing's first.
BriT0039.jpg

No, magic is firey orbs of death. :smug:
BriT0040.jpg

Well, maybe you can win when we conquer Esgares if you join us.
BriT0041.jpg

:incline:
BriT0042.jpg

Oh man, we're getting so close.
BriT0043.jpg

You can do it Cleve!
BriT0044.jpg

Fuck him up : x
BriT0045.jpg

:retarded:
BriT0046.jpg

I believe I may have made a miscalculation.
BriT0047.jpg

This is... not good.
BriT0048.jpg

Shit, and I forgot she had a white elemental weapon.
BriT0049.jpg

Not easy to evade a lancer, they're pretty fucking agile.
BriT0051.jpg

Shit. Hopefully he retreats right away, or wastes his attacks.
BriT0052.jpg

Well, we can probably dodge this at least.
BriT0053.jpg

:x
BriT0054.jpg

Ok. This would fucking hurt.
BriT0055.jpg

But you can dodge this shit right man? Fucking 88 agi! It's jsut a dragon.
BriT0056.jpg

:rage:
BriT0057.jpg

And this douche slinks away with 10 hp left. :salute: to fallen hero golgepapaz, who bought us a victory in this 1v3 fight.
BriT0058.jpg

Cleve gets 20 out of the fighting as well.
BriT0059.jpg

Not letting this bitch escape too.
BriT0060.jpg

Damn fucking right we did! What a fucking price to pay though.
BriT0061.jpg

Gah. Well, at least this was the hard part. The other group is much better off with 2 knights.
BriT0062.jpg

:mob:
BriT0063.jpg

Time for Logres.
BriT0064.jpg

Since we have so few troops, instead of the usual plan of forming a line and waiting for them, I'm going to try and lure them out to hit a guy then bring him back to the woods, so we can use the terrain advantage and make them spread out even more.
BriT0066.jpg

Unfortunately, they're not taking the bait.
BriT0067.jpg

We move in closer and form the usual wall with a dragon at the end.
BriT0068.jpg

And they finally make their move.
BriT0069.jpg

Ulster enjoying a light lunch of barbed arrows.
BriT0070.jpg

Overall though, this is looking good. We got a couple healers in our knights, and a ton of high hp units, so we should be able to win a war of attrition if we take down the angel.
BriT0071.jpg

This shit is getting annoying though.
BriT0072.jpg

Saark score a crit to fuck up the hydra. Not too shabby.
BriT0074.jpg

We got Cassidy fucking shit up for us too.
BriT0075.jpg

Nice damage AND some poison.
BriT0076.jpg

Remember, Ulster is a mastered bishop, so he can use area heal and divine ray. We'll probably be using that area heal in fact.
BriT0077.jpg

We might use this as well. The second tier dragons and wyverns have it available, but I generally never use it since it has friendly fire like meteor doom. And unlike meteor doom, it's centered on the caster. But maybe we can use it to do some serious damage and then area heal back up.
BriT0078.jpg

Or maybe not. That is a much shittier range than I remembered.
BriT0079.jpg

Ulster will stick with the mundane single target heal for now.
BriT0080.jpg

And Obama-
BriT0081.jpg

-will fuck up these fucking snakes.
BriT0082.jpg

OUCH.
BriT0083.jpg

We both got crits here, but to be honest this doesn't really favour the war of attrition I wanted. We need things to go slower so I can heal it up.
BriT0084.jpg

Fucking ninja magic.
BriT0085.jpg

I didn't know this had an animation. I thought it was like silence. I haven't played with battle animations on in quite some time.
BriT0087.jpg

Trollolol.
BriT0088.jpg

They got some other small tricks too, but I'm not worried about this stuff.
BriT0089.jpg

Mostly I'm worried about this shit.
BriT0090.jpg

:x
BriT0091.jpg

Oh come ON.
BriT0093.jpg

We're actually in pretty rough shape. Not as easy as I was expecting.
BriT0094.jpg

That isn't going to help.
BriT0095.jpg

Gah.
BriT0096.jpg

At least Ulster isn't hurt too bad.
BriT0097.jpg

Johannes is fucked up though.
BriT0098.jpg

Obama too.
BriT0099.jpg

BriT0100.jpg

Well, I guess on the bright side he went for him instead of Obama, who he probably could have killed and took way more xp.
BriT0101.jpg

:salute:
BriT0102.jpg

Oh. Right. Hydras can breath. And they do blue elemental. And I have a red elemental guy there. And another.
BriT0103.jpg

BriT0105.jpg

Well, there goes our chances of winning this fight.
BriT0106.jpg

At least obama survived.
BriT0107.jpg

Fucking cunts even silence Schutleis.
BriT0108.jpg

Really? FFS. Obama goes down too.
BriT0109.jpg

Time to abort.
BriT0110.jpg

:shame:
BriT0111.jpg

So many fucking crits and shit. Argh. This is what I get for trying to rush things and end the game faster.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
This actually makes it way more interesting. Since I was still alive when Ulster got defeated, did they fuck me in the ass right after and left me for dead, or am I now fighting for the randomluck-cocksuck empire? If so, please make it so that I may die by our glorious leaders sword or at least contribute to spekkios lategame cheese.

Damned Registrations

You went along with Ulster back to the capital... except we don't have the capital, so he's chilling in some other random castle instead. You're still on team Codexia though.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
You went along with Ulster back to the capital... except we don't have the capital, so he's chilling in some other random castle instead. You're still on team Codexia though.
That's great. So how exactly does the "capture enemy unit" thingy work again? It's been quite a while since I last played the game but as far as I remember it had something to do with the hero being defeated, and then a chance based on how far the unit was away from the rune-knight and it's current hp, so I naturally assumed I was gone since both factors were met to a certain degree - or am I remembering it wrong?

Damned Registrations

I'm not sure if current hp factors in. I think the biggest factors are if the monster is in the rune area, if the knight had to do a forced retreat instead of a regular one, and if the monster has any status effects (especially charm).

Saark

Arcane
Patron
I remember reading about the HP thingy a while back, something like "below 20% HP" increasing the chance of capture. Though all I could say at the end of my game back then was that there's no reliable way to capture enemy units.

I still thought I was gone though, glad I'm still alive. Hoping to avenge that fallen doggy and the niggerest of presidents.

Damned Registrations

Update Time!
BriT0113.jpg

Good, Norgard needs more territory so we can finish them off instead of some other country. :smug:
BriT0114.jpg

Some costly victory for them too it seems.
BriT0115.jpg

:hmmm:
BriT0116.jpg

:rpgcodex:
BriT0117.jpg

Well, we got battles to fight elsewhere.
BriT0118.jpg

Unlike Ulster, Camden can take a punch to the face like.
BriT0119.jpg

Errr.
BriT0120.jpg

That is not a fist.
BriT0121.jpg

High level swordsmanship here.
BriT0122.jpg

Look at that stance. He has no openings at all!
BriT0123.jpg

Power level... over...
BriT0124.jpg

200 I guess. Probably arround 250 attack power? We're fine.
BriT0125.jpg

Angels moving in to attack. They will surely target the most vile and evil monster among our group, anethema to all natural life.
BriT0126.jpg

Yep. :troll:
BriT0127.jpg

It even scores a critical hit. Must be a blessed weapon.
BriT0128.jpg

Alas, the forces of light cannot stand against such pure villainy.
BriT0129.jpg

This fucking cunt is getting ANOTHER crit!
BriT0130.jpg

:decline:
BriT0132.jpg

Spekkio is fine though.
BriT0133.jpg

We'll throw a protect spell on Camden after healing him up.
BriT0134.jpg

Lightbane moves in to finish what procrastinator didn't feel like doing.
BriT0135.jpg

: x
BriT0136.jpg

:kfc:
BriT0137.jpg

:bravo:

Replacement Fenrir on it's way.
BriT0138.jpg

Meanwhile, more swordsman performing overly elaborate attacks.
BriT0139.jpg

Pfft. Fail.
BriT0143.jpg

Let the pony show you how it's done.
BriT0144.jpg

Only 3 MP? Seriously? Ugh.
BriT0145.jpg

:lol:
BriT0146.jpg

Terrifying. Now that powered up dragon can inflict serious damage to the surrounding empty plains.
BriT0148.jpg

Their fractactical genius gets another turn.
BriT0149.jpg

Brilliant move sir.
BriT0151.jpg

Way to beat up that old man in a dress sir.
BriT0152.jpg

You definitely beat him by nearly a one third margin.
BriT0153.jpg

There's no way he'll want to fuck with us now. Camden will probably retreat and--
BriT0154.jpg

:yeah:
BriT0156.jpg

He seems to be cheating sir. He somehow hit you without using a stick of any kind.
BriT0157.jpg

He's even burning our women! What if he rapes our churches next?!?
BriT0158.jpg

Oh, thank god, this holy angel will surely save us from the cruel man!
BriT0159.jpg

Or maybe just wipe us off the map.
BriT0160.jpg

Oh man, I totally should have cast Halo before that.
BriT0161.jpg

:incline: anyways though.
BriT0162.jpg

And we're not done yet.
BriT0163.jpg

React: most balanced spell ever.
BriT0164.jpg

:dance:
BriT0166.jpg

Azira gets to spar a bit wih another giant bro, but no claims to fame this time.
BriT0167.jpg

Farewell inferior wizardling.
BriT0168.jpg

Excellent. Now he'll be even more effective at occupying space on the map.
BriT0169.jpg

More :incline:
BriT0170.jpg

Korgan will be in for an upgrade soon as well.
BriT0173.jpg

Bilcock discovered an old castle in the course of the voyage.

Since the sun was about to set, Bilcock decided to stay overnight in the castle. It was so quiet inside the castle with no signs of life. Bilcock fell asleep...

Bilcock woke up to the sound of voices in the middle of the night. What Bilcock saw was an incredible sight. A number of Knights had gathered around a table and started talking. However, they were transparent. They were ghosts.

The Vailent's Wing was placed on the table. They seemed to be arguing over who was going to own the Vailent's Wing. With time, their conversation became a quarrel and then a fight began. Bilcock started to laugh because it seemed funny.

Bilcock: Chuckle...

The ghosts looked at Bilcock all at once.

Bilcock: They found me!

The ghosts that had been fighting with each other a little while ago were now united and started to attack Bilcock. However, as the ghosts almost came within reach of Bilcock, the sun started to rise. The ghosts started to disappear as sunlight entered the room. As Bilcock looked at the table, the Vailent's Wing was left behind.
BriT0175.jpg

Nice loot for a change.
BriT0176.jpg

More! :incline:
BriT0177.jpg

Congrats bro.
BriT0178.jpg

Also, these boots are fucking awesome. Too awesome for Dryst to wear apparently.
BriT0179.jpg

We'll give them to Hyude for now. Note his move range is between 4 and 7?
BriT0180.jpg

Not any more! :smug:
BriT0181.jpg

I've also been neglecting summoning replacement fodder for a long time.
BriT0182.jpg

I'm too lazy to bother with a variety so I just grab a pile of dragons and fairies.
BriT0183.jpg

And rearrange a bunch of shit.
BriT0184.jpg

Strong monsters with weak knights to balance things out a bit.
BriT0185.jpg

We still got more work to do.

Monocause

Arcane
Played some of it and while the game is fun, it lacks much polish. Alicesoft should do a remake. Throw a Rance in there to pick a side and do his thing with all of the female cast.

Damned Registrations

They actually did do a remake, but it never got translated. It included multiplayer, equippable monsters, more upgrade paths and better balance. Also more storyline.

Monocause

Arcane
They actually did do a remake, but it never got translated. It included multiplayer, equippable monsters, more upgrade paths and better balance. Also more storyline.

Yeah, and it's a shame it's not available.

My main gripe with the game, I think, is how every single battle starts with you wasting your time on three-four turns just to approach the enemy. Would've been tons better if you could just deploy your units fairly close to the enemy aka Panzer/Fantasy general. I've been thinking about using auto and setting the FPS limit to 100 instead of 60 in the emulator to speed things up but unfortunately it also makes all the sounds increase in pitch, and that's just unbearable. Overdriving the FPS limit also makes scrolling wonky.

BTW, can you stand all the combat/summon/class anims? Turning them off was the first thing I did as soon as I've seen that there's a toggle for that.

Damned Registrations

I turn them off myself too tbh. But if I'm taking screenshots of units hitting each other, they may as well be 3D ones.

Oh, and you know about holding R1 + X (confirm by default) to skip movement animations right? Helps speed auto up.

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Well technically, Brigandine: Grand Edition (the enhanced version) is "available" on the internet and has had the fans looking into it, but even to this day it still lacks a full-fledged translation. Current v5 english patch seems to have anything but the story translated; I'll try it up to see if it's playable.

Monocause

Arcane
I turn them off myself too tbh. But if I'm taking screenshots of units hitting each other, they may as well be 3D ones.

Oh, and you know about holding R1 + X (confirm by default) to skip movement animations right? Helps speed auto up.

I turned the move anims off too :smug: Still, it takes too long. The camera autocenters on the next unit and again you have to use the cumbersome controller/keyboard just to move the cursor around - and also, while when you're still far away the enemy autoends with the whole group when you get closer you have to watch each and every of his units END individually instead.

The Japanese always had a place in their hearts for TBS (and still do) and I wonder why such a limited number of their games gets ported to the PC and why the PS mouse and keyboard which provide much easier control in such games haven't gained much popularity.

Yeah, DR, what's up with all this sudden optimism? :decline:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom