Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Play Daggerfall

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
"Belethor Motierre". I sense some Skyrim inspiration.:rpgcodex:

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Well yeah. Actually, part Oblivion (Francois Mottierre from Dark Brotherhood) and part Skyrim (Belethor's General Goods)

If I am going to play a Breton, I'll choose the most obvious Breton name from the TES series that comes to mind. Just to signal that I am playing a Breton.

Amaund Avenicci. Wilford Yeomsley. Theodyval Kinging. And so on.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Oh yeah. The Dark Brotherhood questgiver in Skyrim was also another Mottierre.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
So, update?
A bit of an impasse which I never had before.

This is the first playthrough that I realized you can meet Gortwog gro-Naram in Daggerfall instead of Orsinium. I get both the Elsyana quest (never got that one before) and the Dust of Restful Death quest. Both quests require you to meet Gortwog, but the former requires you to meet him in Daggerfall. I decide to do the Elysana quest first and kill two birds with one stone.

Normally, Gortwog in Orsinium tells me to go to Markivaron or somesuch place to find the Dust. It's a fixed main quest location, because I always got that place in two save/reload attempts in my previous playthrough.

But meeting Gortwog in Daggerfall, he tells me to go to Greensly Hall to find the Dust. Also on Isle of Balfiera, just as Markivaron was. But Greensly Hall is much harder than Markivaron. Markivaron was almost a straight line that led to the lich dust IIRC. Greensly Hall - I am not even sure this place has the lich dust. And it's a complicated mess of teleporters and much much larger self-contained blocks reached only through teleporters.

It's pretty strange. I even consulted *gasp* internet walkthroughs which say that there is one fixed main quest dungeon for this place, and it should not be any randomly chosen place. I have a feeling the game gave me the wrong dungeon this time round. I wonder if I should try going to the fixed place instead of continuing the random place.

Sceptic, Luzur, and villain of the story, can you help me out here?

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I don't remember meeting Gotworg anywhere by in Orsinium, so not sure what's going on...

Wyrmlord

Arcane
abnaxus

Anyway, I am past that quest, so it's no problem. There is a smaller one, however.

There is one minor quest, but Castle Necromoghan does not show up on the world map, and I may have to give up that one. It's probably not essential since I already have

The Dust of Restful Death and the location of Lysandus Tomb in Menevia

but the Necromoghan quest reveals some interesting tidbits about the whole story. I may have to give up that one. Shame.

EDIT: Never mind, that was resolved too. Boy, is the next update going to be great!

Wyrmlord

Arcane
The streets of Wrothgaria, capital of the Wrothgarian Mountains. Someone is following our protagonist.

fall_000-3.jpg

We are not sure what happens, but the Archmage is lulled into a daydream again under a soft tune. Perhaps the mysterious man following him played a part.

180px-DF-Underking_Face.png
: Queen Akorithi of Sentinel spoke highly of you. Her actual words were "a hero".

24goz20.jpg
: What do you want now?

: I need your help. I will enter your dreams in the Gaerton Residence in Bubaaqja, Sentinel. I shall wait one month. Farewell.

Snapping out of that dream, another vision comes in just as quickly.

180px-DF-Medora_Face.png
: Who was that in your head? I was trying to contact you telepathically, but I felt a chill that stopped me from entering.

24goz20.jpg
: It was nothing. Do you have anything useful on Lysandus?

fall_001-3.jpg

24goz20.jpg
: I'll meet Gortwog soon. Anyway, a courtier approaches me to deliver letters.

fall_002-3.jpg

fall_003-4.jpg

24goz20.jpg
: Spoilt little Aubk-i. This close to bringing the peace to her city and excorcising Lysandus, and she wants me to worry about her family affairs. Never mind her. Ah, another letter.

fall_005-3.jpg

fall_004-4.jpg

24goz20.jpg
: Just a chat Elysana? Your fiancee Lord Woodborne may be executed soon for treason, and we have more than a little something to chat about.

fall_007-3.jpg
fall_008-3.jpg

fall_009-3.jpg
fall_010-3.jpg

Qub1y.png
: Woodborne never stops talking about you!

24goz20.jpg
: I think he has good reason to do so. After all, that Totem he stole from the Emperor is a secret about him I busted open recently. He won't live long.

Qub1y.png
: I am sure the totem thingy is not a big deal. Maybe Woody will give it back! Anyhoo, do something for me, and I'll get Woody to put the totem in your hands!

fall_011-3.jpg
fall_012-3.jpg

24goz20.jpg
: I know who your cousin, Vannona Yeomsley, is. I have seen her before. She appeared three times with assassins in front of me, and tried to kill me. Why shouldn't I kill her and you right now?

Qub1y.png
: You won't help me, and I won't give you the totem. Simple as that.

24goz20.jpg
: I'll do it. I wonder what Gortwog is doing in Daggerfall anyway.

fall_013-3.jpg
fall_014-3.jpg

fall_015-3.jpg
fall_016-3.jpg

images
: My friend, Lord Woodborne, wanted me to be a part of a plot to kill you. I was supposed to bring other orcs along and ambush you. Unfortunately, you helped gain my people imperial recognition, and I value your friendship too much.

24goz20.jpg
: Very well. Vannona Yeomsley thought she was safe luring me to my bait. Why don't you kill her for me? She has tried to kill me three times before.

images
: Give her to me, and I'll break her neck right now.

*crack*

24goz20.jpg
: You did that in a rather gentlemanly manner. Anyway, that solves the mystery of who W was. Woodborne really shouldn't use obvious initials in his secret letters.

images
: Always a pleasure, Archmage.

24goz20.jpg
: There is one thing with which I need help. Medora wants to know where the Dust of Restful Death is.

fall_018-3.jpg

To Greensly Hall then.

fall_019-3.jpg
fall_020-3.jpg

fall_021-3.jpg
fall_022-3.jpg

fall_023-3.jpg
fall_024-3.jpg

fall_030-3.jpg
fall_031-4.jpg

I think we found what we needed to find. The "dust" of restful death, in undead form, being guarded by four ancient liches.

fall_034-3.jpg
fall_035-3.jpg

fall_036-3.jpg

fall_037-4.jpg

fall_038-4.jpg

We check the body of the mummy.

fall_039-3.jpg

fall_040-3.jpg

Anyway, time to meet the Underking first.

fall_041-3.jpg
fall_042-3.jpg

fall_043-3.jpg
fall_044-3.jpg

This is the room of the trance. Two of the Underking's disciples are already waiting.

fall_045-3.jpg

That lull returns.

: Are you perhaps able to help me in an endeavour against Necromancers? I will reward you liberally for this service, and provide information you will not find elsewhere.

24goz20.jpg
: I could always use information.

: You will. Hmmm. Remarkable.

fall_047-3.jpg

24goz20.jpg
: But tell me, what time of the year is it?

: It might be the 1st of Dusk, right now.

24goz20.jpg
: Well, your task shall have to wait.

: What is it?

24goz20.jpg
: An appointment with a daedric prince at the guild I operate. Sorry. I'll teleport back to Wrothgaria right now, and handle it quickly.

: You won't be much good to me if you lose your soul. Goodbye.

fall_048-3.jpg

fall_049-3.jpg

fall_050-3.jpg

fall_051-3.jpg

DF-Daedra_Summoner_Mages_Guild.png
Look into my eyes. Look into my eyes. Open your mind. Open your mind. Come forth to Aethrius. See the world in my eyes. See the world I see. Come in slowly. I can sense her coming. Do you see her?

fall_052-3.jpg

fall_053-3.jpg

24goz20.jpg
: Your wish is my command, Princess Boethiah.

fall_054-4.jpg

fall_055-4.jpg

fall_056-3.jpg

fall_057-4.jpg

fall_058-4.jpg

fall_059-3.jpg
fall_060-3.jpg

fall_061-3.jpg
fall_062-3.jpg

fall_063-3.jpg
fall_064-3.jpg

fall_065-3.jpg
fall_066-4.jpg
fall_067-3.jpg
fall_068-3.jpg

Now, back to our task. We infiltrate the Blades headquarters.

fall_069-3.jpg
fall_070-3.jpg

fall_071-3.jpg
fall_072-4.jpg

fall_073-3.jpg
fall_074-3.jpg

fall_075-4.jpg
fall_076-4.jpg

We find the grand chamber in which the Blades keep the prize they wrested from the Underking.

fall_078-3.jpg
fall_079-3.jpg

fall_080-3.jpg
fall_081-3.jpg

The Underking's lulling tune returns.

: Well done, Belethor. Let me cast the spell on the Ring...there. It is yours to keep now.

24goz20.jpg
: What information did you have for me?

: Not even death can hide a true descendant of Tiber Septim from the Underking. King Lysandus did not die in the Battle of Cryngaine. He was slain by treachery before it. The monument to him in Hammerfell is an empty tomb. His remains were secretly taken to an ancient tomb in Menevia. I will reveal it to you right now.

fall_083-3.jpg

24goz20.jpg
: I can see the place. But I must give Medora the dust so that she can help me excorcise Lysandus.

fall_084-4.jpg
fall_085-3.jpg

We wait one month in Medora's room. The Archmage takes up an additional bunk bed, while Medora sleeplessly continues her long magical ritual.

fall_086-3.jpg

fall_084-4.jpg

fall_087-3.jpg

180px-DF-Medora_Face.png
: Anyway, what was it that you were telling me about Aubk-i?

24goz20.jpg
: She wanted me to come over, and help her in some petty espionage task.

180px-DF-Medora_Face.png
: Maybe there is something valuable to learn. Or maybe not. Still, keep her suspicions under control, before you head to Lysandus' tomb.

24goz20.jpg
: Fine.

fall_088-3.jpg
fall_089-3.jpg

fall_090-3.jpg

24goz20.jpg
: Let me understand you clearly. You want me to spy on your own mother-in-law? Are you insane? Why can't you speak to her yourself? What could be so grim about what she is trying to hide?

images
: Maybe she wants to bury dark secrets about her husband's affair. Who knows what he and his sorceress conspired or set out to do? Deals with daedra maybe?

24goz20.jpg
: Why should I, you, Mynisera, or anybody care about the affairs of a dead man?

images
: I know, but...let's not take any chances.

fall_091-3.jpg

fall_092-3.jpg
fall_093-2.jpg

fall_094-3.jpg
fall_095-3.jpg

24goz20.jpg
: What in Oblivion?! Lysandus...did...this?

fall_096-3.jpg

fall_097-3.jpg

fall_098-3.jpg

24goz20.jpg
: Queen Aubk-i. I now understand what was that dirty secret Nulfaga and Mynisera wanted buried.

images
: What was it?

24goz20.jpg
: Nulfaga and Mynisera did not give a damn about the affair between Lysandus and his mistress. They wanted his mistress imprisoned, because she saw firsthand what Lysandus did. Something Lysandus did purely for sport.

images
: They wanted to hide something terrible about Lysandus? What was it?

24goz20.jpg
: King Lysandus was a child murderer.

To be continued...

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Elysana comes off as an air-headed teenager in the game, but she's one cold-hearted, manipulative and wily bitch. The Cersei of Elder Scrolls.

Indeed, she managed to beat Barenziah and Helseth in the fight for the throne after Eadwyre died. Both Helseth and Barenziah were ruthless masters of intrigue themselves.

I also always wondered what the 'deal' between Mannimarco and Morgiah involved. She wanted to become Queen of Firsthold in exchange for what?

Luzur

Good Sir
So, update?
A bit of an impasse which I never had before.

This is the first playthrough that I realized you can meet Gortwog gro-Naram in Daggerfall instead of Orsinium. I get both the Elsyana quest (never got that one before) and the Dust of Restful Death quest. Both quests require you to meet Gortwog, but the former requires you to meet him in Daggerfall. I decide to do the Elysana quest first and kill two birds with one stone.

Normally, Gortwog in Orsinium tells me to go to Markivaron or somesuch place to find the Dust. It's a fixed main quest location, because I always got that place in two save/reload attempts in my previous playthrough.

But meeting Gortwog in Daggerfall, he tells me to go to Greensly Hall to find the Dust. Also on Isle of Balfiera, just as Markivaron was. But Greensly Hall is much harder than Markivaron. Markivaron was almost a straight line that led to the lich dust IIRC. Greensly Hall - I am not even sure this place has the lich dust. And it's a complicated mess of teleporters and much much larger self-contained blocks reached only through teleporters.

It's pretty strange. I even consulted *gasp* internet walkthroughs which say that there is one fixed main quest dungeon for this place, and it should not be any randomly chosen place. I have a feeling the game gave me the wrong dungeon this time round. I wonder if I should try going to the fixed place instead of continuing the random place.

Sceptic, Luzur, and villain of the story, can you help me out here?

i have heard that NPC switching can happen (in earlier patch versions), but mostly to generic npc's, not on main quest ones.

random bug i guess.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Elysana comes off as an air-headed teenager in the game, but she's one cold-hearted, manipulative and wily bitch. The Cersei of Elder Scrolls.

Indeed, she managed to beat Barenziah and Helseth in the fight for the throne after Eadwyre died. Both Helseth and Barenziah were ruthless masters of intrigue themselves.

I also always wondered what the 'deal' between Mannimarco and Morgiah involved. She wanted to become Queen of Firsthold in exchange for what?
So from where does this lore on Elysana come? Books in Daggerfall or books in Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim?

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Mostly Tribunal, where you meet Helseth who recently came to the city with his mother after being driven away from Wayrest by Elysana. Also, some books like Firsthold Revolt and Game at Dinner.

Or just adding up some events in Daggerfall main quest.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
It's time to head to Lysandus' tomb.

fall_000-4.jpg
fall_001-4.jpg

The place seems almost inconspicuous, not even hinting that it has the body of once the most powerful man in Illiac Bay.

fall_002-4.jpg

It is adorned with statues of kings and Lysandus' ancestors. A grand place, even though no one is supposed to even know about it. A majestic hallway solely for a dead man's pleasure.

fall_003-5.jpg

fall_004-5.jpg

We take the door on the right until we come across a floating skull.

fall_005-4.jpg
fall_006-4.jpg

Let's try touching it.

Teleported! To a completely different part of the dungeon.

fall_007-4.jpg
fall_008-4.jpg

24goz20.jpg
: One way teleporter. Meant to trap intruders who sought to enter. Permanently. Mages, though, have ways of escaping they didn't foresee.

fall_009-4.jpg

24goz20.jpg
: Walking around this place for an hour, and I am nowhere. These giant halls are not in the tomb I entered. I have been teleported to another dimension where these halls lie.

fall_010-4.jpg

24goz20.jpg
: Another hour, and still nowhere. All this to placate the spirit of a man who killed the children of his enemies. Just for sport. Just to ensure there would never be another generation of them. All this, to bring peace to the cruelest of men.

Walking...

walking...

walking...

Luck!

fall_011-4.jpg
fall_012-4.jpg

It's an elevator that goes down.

This is the floor below.

fall_014-4.jpg

We are currently standing at a second elevator.

fall_013-4.jpg

It comes down to a room with a lever. We pull it, not knowing what it does.

fall_015-4.jpg
fall_016-4.jpg

Ah, a grand chambers. We are finally reaching somewhere.

fall_017-4.jpg
fall_018-4.jpg

Another tiny chamber with a lever. We pull it.

fall_019-4.jpg
fall_020-4.jpg

The floor gives way. We jump in.

fall_021-4.jpg

Where are we going?

Is it...

fall_022-4.jpg
fall_023-4.jpg

Lysandus' tomb?

This is it.

fall_024-4.jpg

Oh yes, this is it.

The Dust of Restful Death takes its effect.

fall_025-4.jpg

fall_026-4.jpg

fall_027-5.jpg

fall_028-4.jpg

fall_029-4.jpg

It is HIM!

fall_030-4.jpg

I DO NOT SEEK TO BE PLACATED. I SEEK VENGEANCE UPON HE WHO SLEW ME. IF YOU'LL TRULY LAY MY SPIRIT TO REST, BE THE INSTRUMENT OF MY VENGEANCE AGAINST MY KILLER.

DESTROY LORD WOODBORNE!

24goz20.jpg
: And so the pieces come into place.

ffm48.jpg

It was Lord Woodborne all along.

bvr3p.png

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
You know a game has a great plot when you need both the family tree from the manual and your own conspiracy chart just to figure out WTF is going on.

Good update, looking forward to the rest :salute:

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Lord Woodborne, Elysana's lover boy... Problem, Belethor? :smug:

Also funny how Wyrmlord's character in-game looks like

Keldorn.jpg

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
:rage:

the decline enrages me

fuck you bioware... see what good adequate writers get you? Eat shit and die (you too Beth)

Wyrmlord

Arcane
I realized there is an even better candidate for the in-game avatar.

tumblr_lw80nbskt21qcado6.jpg

Wyrmlord

Arcane
The Archmage teleports out of Lysandus' Tomb. Without an anchor, he could have been stuck there permanently. Or left wandering aimlessly for a hidden way to escape.

Before he heads to Woodborne's castle, he has to make arrangements in Daggerfall.

fall_031-5.jpg
fall_032-4.jpg

images
: Archmage! What do you need?

24goz20.jpg
: Send forth an invitation, Lady Brisienna. I am going to be having a big announcement soon. Have all the most powerful royal families of Illac Bay gather at the palace in Wayrest.

images
: You know they wouldn't want to be bothered by trivial news and travel all the way for that.

24goz20.jpg
: It is not trivial! It's a matter of who is and who is not loyal to our Emperor. Who is a traitor and who is not. All shall be revealed soon.

Now to Woodborne Hall. Once Woodborne is captured, civil war may be imminent.

fall_033-4.jpg
fall_034-4.jpg

fall_035-4.jpg
fall_036-4.jpg

fall_037-5.jpg

The entrance chamber of Woodborne Hall. The ceiling is very very high.

fall_038-5.jpg

Look! There is a corridor upstairs.

fall_039-4.jpg

Now to levitate there.

fall_040-4.jpg

Rising...

fall_041-4.jpg

Rising...

fall_042-4.jpg

There!

fall_043-4.jpg
fall_044-4.jpg

We first find a private diary kept around.

fall_048-4.jpg
fall_049-4.jpg

Let's read it.

fall_050-4.jpg
fall_051-4.jpg

To cut the long story short, Lord Woodborne is the most likely contender for king of Wayrest. His throne is even guaranteed by King Eadwyre and Queen Barenziah themselves. However, his racism against the dark elf peoples means that he does not trust Barenziah to allow any human heir. He therefore wishes to kill the king, the queen, and all dark elf relatives secretly, just to be on the safe side.

He wanted Lysandus and Gothryd of Daggerfall and Gortwog of Orsinium to assist him in killing those members of the Wayrest family whom he did not trust. Gothryd agreed. Gothryd told the plans to his father. Lysandus did not approve and was about to report the conspiracy to King Eadwyre - his ally - and The Emperor. Gortwog did not approve either. Woodborne sent assassins to kill Lysandus. Gortwog's orcs killed those assassins in order to save Lysandus. Woodborne came forward himself and killed Lysandus personally.

He then started building an army to march against Wayrest in a military coup.

Now to meet the man himself.

fall_045-4.jpg
fall_046-4.jpg

bvr3p.png
: You....

24goz20.jpg
: WOOOOODBOOOOORNE!

bvr3p.png
: You have been a thorn on my side for a long time now. A wiser man would have left sleeping kings lie. Especially when I have gone to such great lengths to kill them.

24goz20.jpg
: I suggest you beg for clemency rather than give long speeches.

bvr3p.png
: Yes, Belethor! I killed King Lysandus! And now it will be a pleasure to slay you! En garde!

fall_047-4.jpg

bvr3p.png
: Ack! You've held me bound. It won't save you!

24goz20.jpg
: A worthless knight should not test his metal against an Archmage of the Mages Guild. Swords are but toys for us who wander the planes, and we have many ways of breaking you mortals without killing you.

bvr3p.png
: I am gone. It falls to Gothryd -

24goz20.jpg
: I am not going to kill you. I will have your shame known to the world.

fall_055-5.jpg
fall_056-4.jpg

bvr3p.png
: Where are you taki-

fall_057-5.jpg
fall_058-5.jpg

fall_059-4.jpg

24goz20.jpg
: Ah, so you are all assembled. As you all know, I am Archmage Belethor Mottierre, the Wrothgarian leader of the Mages Guild. And I believe the battlemages have teleported all those invited to this place. Some other faces are here too.

images
: I, Gortwog gro-Naram, am here to represent the orcish people. This announcement may or may not serve my interests, but I am curious all the same.

LBYzV.png
: House Sentinel is here, but with reluctance.

v0OuI.png
i402E.png
: House Daggerfall.

i402E.png
: And may I ask why you have Lord Woodborne with you right now?

CgSoH.png
: You have planned an announcement in my very palace, and you hold my future son-in-law with you as if he is hostage. Make your announcement, but know your place.

120px-DF-Barenziah_Face_Andyfall.png
: I am certain the Archmage has the best of intentions, so let's not judge quickly.

FQ62u.png
: Forgive my forced intrusion, but the stars have said that something is about to happen here, and I shall not miss it. Oh, and Nulfaga, the former dowager queen of Daggerfall.

180px-DF-Mynisera_Face.png
: And I, the current dowager queen. Lady Brisienna told me of this proposal and I made sure the invitation was passed hastily.

180px-DF-Medora_Face.png
: Court sorceress of the dead King Lysandus. Whatever is announced here, I dearly hope it puts my dear Lysandus to rest. I hope I have come to terms with you, Nulfaga and Mynisera.

images
: Few things make me leave my lair, but the portents are very strong today, and I can feel the tickling of fate on the back of my neck.

24goz20.jpg
: Enough, enough. Everyone is here. Lord Woodborne, care to make your confession?

bvr3p.png
: Under the laws of the Empire, no man is required to be a witness against himself!

24goz20.jpg
: Very well. I have in my possession a diary -

i402E.png
: Then give it to me before you do any damage with what you are not supposed to know!

24goz20.jpg
: - that reveals Lord Woodborne as the killer of King Lysandus, with the complicit efforts of Queen Aubk-i and King Gothryd of Daggerfall -

v0OuI.png
: Do not come to Daggerfall, Archmage, or you are dead! My guards are now on standby to kill you on sight!

24goz20.jpg
: - whilst also being a part of the conspiracy to kill and dethrone King Eadwyre and Queen Barenziah under a military coup.

CgSoH.png
: WHAT?!

24goz20.jpg
: And I shall now hand over this letter to King Eadwyre to render his judgment on it.

CgSoH.png
: This is atrocious! After all the affection we showered on the fool Woodborne! We nearly married that villainous swine to Elysana -- nearly handed the throne of Wayrest to that cad of the first order! Good Archmage, this was the right thing to do bring this to our attention. Rest assured that Lord Woodborne will be arrested and executed for this treason, his named barred from the books of honour, his acquaintances interrogated, his property confiscated, and handed over to the Archmage!

24goz20.jpg
: I forfeit it. Quite wealthy, you know. And Gortwog, did you know the word he used for your people?

images
: I dare not guess.

24goz20.jpg
: "Subhuman". His plan was to eradicate your peoples once they were of no longer use to you.

images
: I am not surprised. No man has ever respected the orcs. Even though Lysandus slaughtered all the children of nearly every orcish tribe, I respected him far more than I do Lord Woodborne. I knew his ambitions from the day I set sights on him.

24goz20.jpg
: Astonishing. You sought to defend a man who committed a holocaust on your peoples.

images
: Your information is quite valuable. Now, in the coming civil war, I know on whose side I am. No one's. Malacath give us strength. I must take my leave.

LBYzV.png
: How utterly uninteresting. Gothryd wanted to overthrow Eadwyre? Really? None of my concern. I merely defend my kingdom against its enemies, and I don't care who it is. I too shall leave.

180px-DF-Mynisera_Face.png
: So Woodborne is the slayer of my dear Lysandus. There shall be justice, and it shall come from my hand! And my hand alone!

180px-DF-Medora_Face.png
: Come with me to Woodborne Hall, and we'll slay his conspirators. I shall have vengeance too.

FQ62u.png
: Archmage, you are not to be part of this civil war. There is something much more pressing at hand, and you must meet me soon.

24goz20.jpg
: And Mannimarco, do you approve of these proceedings?

images
: I...note them.

CgSoH.png
: Now for peace to end, and war to return once again. Aubk-i! Gothryd! My men shall slay you for your treachery! And Woodborne!

bvr3p.png
: As a plea for clemency, I renounce all my royal titles and property of my own volition. Exile me from the Illiac Bay. I shall choose to live in humiliation, rather than take the privilege of dying when I am at my worst.

24goz20.jpg
: There is one thing, Lord Woodborne. Why?

bvr3p.png
: There was a time when I was a knight of honour. But the treaties that Lysandus broke, the genocide of the orcish people, the betrayals, the conspiracy of these Dunmer princes against me - it all slowly eroded the scruples from me. I realized the world I wanted to have and the world that actually was were not the same. And that maybe, I should connive too, in accordance with these times.

24goz20.jpg
: Was there any conscience at the root of all this at all? Or did you just want power?

bvr3p.png
: Lysandus. He was a child murderer. What wrong did I do to remove, eradicate such a man? Yet, by my hands, a civil war was ended and yet another shall begin. Please take note of what I have come to realize.

24goz20.jpg
: Goodbye.

bvr3p.png
: That from the crooked timber of humanity, no straight thing was made.

Thus falls Lord Woodborne.

The ghostly armies of Lysandus wither away from the streets of Daggerfall.

fall_061-4.jpg

YES!

fall_062-4.jpg

VENGEANCE!

fall_063-4.jpg

IS!

fall_064-4.jpg

MIIIIIIIIIIIINE!

fall_065-4.jpg

fall_066-5.jpg

fall_067-4.jpg

TO BE CONTINUED....

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Woodborne didn't realize he was just Elysana willing pawn. It was likely she who put all those delusions of grandeur into his head.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
SCO

Well, not LARPing exactly.

Based on whom you provide the diary, you'll have six different responses. I had to find an excuse to integrate them all, and I jotted down an imaginary situation where everyone meets together. See this line:

GOcAT.png

is written down exactly as it was said in the game. It's just that it was said separately.

Anyway, all the politics ends at this point, and the last leg of the game is purely very very difficult "dungeon" crawling.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Are you going to try to LARP that "warp in the west" clusterfuck in the lore?

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
He could just copy-paste what's written in "The Warp in the West" Morrowind lorebook and be done with it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom