Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Play Europa Barbarorum (Sweboz)

Update 11 - War drums.

UO0001.jpg

Romans are bringing more and more armies but Mediolanum still stands. I hope it will atract their attention long enough for us to secure mountain passes with fresh troops.

UO0002.jpg

Just a two or three turns more guys, hold on.

UO0003.jpg

Barely, but they did it.

UO0004.jpg

Roman immidiately besieged it with new army though...

UO0005.jpg

Aigilaz.JPG

But our preparation for invasion of Gaul are over. Nov ve just have to send diplomat to Aedui to break our alliance and tell them prepare their wimmyns to welcome our soldiers GWAHAHAHAHAgaz!!!1!eingaz

UO0001.jpg

Aigilaz.JPG

Vill god var vill follow? Take a fucking guess.

UO0002.jpg

Aigilaz.JPG

I vill personally lead first strike at Cenabum. I vill do it myself because AIGILAZ STRONG! and Cenabum have to be taken quick so BLITZKRIEGAZ!!!1!eingaz can follow

UO0004.jpg

Aigilaz.JPG

Our romanioan friends didn't want to help us fight Italioans but they said they are on our side ven ve fight Aeduigaz.

UO0005.jpg

Aigilaz.JPG

And now ze siege of Aeduigaz capital. Bibracte have good valls and many soldiers, no point in dying storming it, ve vill starve ze garrison and force zem to surrender.

UO0006.jpg

And we immidiately start recruiting fourth army becasue Mediolanum is about to fall and one army can't cover all mountain passes.

UO0008.jpg

Aedui tries to relieve Bibracte. We outnumber them but fight will be "fair", the fuck do they have there?

UO0009.jpg

Oh shiit.

UO0010.jpg

Oh crap. Well, I don't have anyone to blame but me that we waited so long with destroying Aedui, now they are going to fucking spam elites. One thing I really like about sweboz is fact that they have only ONE heavy armoured elite unit. And this unit is on par with fucking hastati so you really have to use regional weirdos.

But, we have quite a lot "anti-armor" units here, so we should be fine. I shouldn't have said that, everytimeI say "we are fucked" I'm pulling heroic victory out of my ass and when I say "we should be fine" we get completley shafted...

UO0011.jpg

Standard "there is nothing in the woods" formation.

UO0012.jpg

Priority target for our slingers, they won't do much to a unit with 30 defence but they will do something.

UO0013.jpg

This is first time we are using Belgae units. This is "worst" unit Belgae have so that says a lot about them. Unfortunately we, as a Sweboz, don't have acess to higher-tier Belgae units (Milnaht and Remi Marepos heavy cavalry).

UO0014.jpg

We got contact, our slingers absorbed Aedui charge and now we can order general attack.

UO0015.jpg

I LIED! WE HAD TROOPS IN THE WOODS!

UO0017.jpg

Mass rout, now we will just send cavalry after routing units and prepare ourselves for second wave.

UO0019.jpg

This wave is led by general, fortunately they have mostly Bataroas and they are on par with our Dugunthiz but have much, much shittier morale.

UO0021.jpg

Stabity slash...

UO0022.jpg

Their general is fucking idiot and we managed to surround him. I don't know if it is better to send spearmen at cavalry for their bonus against horsies or axemen for their anti-armor weapon so I decided to send...

UO0024.jpg

Axeman did the job though...

UO0026.jpg

Gods bless Celts and their shitty morale.

UO0027.jpg

UO0028.jpg

UO0029.jpg

Bibracte is butthurt but I don't want to enslave 10000 fucking people, they can be useful so we relocated them.

UO0030.jpg

Again we have family members crisis so we had to recruit mercenary general. We rolled "terrible tactician" well, fuck.

UO0032.jpg

Then I noticed that Roman full-stack are in secret places, doing secret stuff and they left only small army sieging Mediolanum. I decided to send army to tell them to fuck off which will buy us another 3 or 4 turns.

UO0001.jpg

Aigilaz STRONG! but can he beat Aedui high-king?

UO0002.jpg

Mother fucking Conan?

Aigilaz.JPG

Ve shall see!

UO0003.jpg

Aedui army composition leaves a lot to be desired but they have 2 generals here which means 2 units of heavy cavalry and large morale boost.

UO0005.jpg

Their main army done some crazy shit and smashed on our right flank leaving their reinforcements to deal with our left.

UO0006.jpg

And our are ambushers now are the one being ambushed.

UO0007.jpg

But our center is free and we can easily encircle both armies.

UO0008.jpg

UO0011.jpg

Brennos is dead and he was leading Aedui main force.

UO0012.jpg

Which means mass rout. Now we have to deal with mr Conan.

UO0014.jpg

UO0016.jpg

And there he goes, slashed by brave Cherusci warrior.

UO0017.jpg

UO0018.jpg

If those guys were Romans, we would be dead.

UO0019.jpg

Now Suebic tribal konfederationagaz have population equal to Roman Republic and second only to Ptolemaioi.

UO0020.jpg

And Segumerjaz is seriously fucking with Roman plans of re-taking mediolanum which gives us even more time to fight Aedui.

UO0001.jpg

UO0002.jpg

I doubt captain Kaeso will be able to take this bridge with those yahoos.

UO0004.jpg

- Maybe it would be less painful if we just drowned yourselves?

UO0005.jpg

Yeah, no pedites extraordinary = no bridge.

UO0006.jpg

Aedui formed alliance with rome, can't blame them, that's their only hope. They are also allied with Lusotannan which actually annoys me because I wanted to be their allies (so we would have safe-ish western front).

Aigilaz.JPG

Vell, ve are still allied with romanioans and Arverni AKA Turkey.

UO0007.jpg

This dude have much better chances at taking this bridge.

UO0009.jpg

Those alpine phalanx dudes are perfect for defending bridges against romans. They work like our speudogordoz, which means they are not getting tired at all when defending AND have secondary armor-piercing weapon to use when romans break their formation. And they are fucking cheap!

UO0010.jpg

Celtic dicks hitting romans ass and legs omg itz hevun.

UO0011.jpg

UO0012.jpg

Aigilaz.JPG

One town rebelled from romanioans to Aeduigaz. I'm all for making romanioans weaker if zey don't vant to help us fighting italioans, but it vill make make destroying Aeduigaz impossible.

UO0014.jpg

Aigilaz.JPG

Its time to continue our offensive in Gaul. I decided to ignore Viennos for now and ordered one army to go straight for Lemonum. Hopefully Aeduigaz won't move their army from Viennos and it vill act like a buffer between us and Italioans.

UO0001.jpg

Ok, there is no chance Mediolanum can defend against this shit and I won't tell Segumerjaz to abandon his bridge because more full stacks are coming.

UO0002.jpg

Army besieging Lemonum got attacked from behind. I knew it would happend and I actually wanted it to happen. We can run circles around Celtic armies and this will only speed up process of conquering this city.

UO0014.jpg

We rushed first army and then just turned around and destroyed garrison. City is ours.

UO0015.jpg

When life gives you Lemonum, you expel it.

UO0016.jpg

And that's it for good news because romans arrived with VENGENCE!

Update 12 - Death of a Hero.

UO0001.jpg

UO0002.jpg

Aigilaz.JPG

Vat is it Italioans? did ve kill every roman citizen already? because that's quite a multi-kulti army you have zere...

UO0003.jpg

That's may be multi-cultural clusterfuck but it's still 4 thousand men.

UO0004.jpg

We blocked the bridge with 5 units and send rest to deal with reinforcements behind us.

UO0007.jpg

Roman reinforcements are routing and now we have to haul our asses back because...

UO0006.jpg

... We are getting raped on the bridge.

UO0010.jpg

We reinforced the bridge and roman mercenaries don't want to cross it anymore.

UO0012.jpg

There were only 10 minutes of battle left when roman general made fatal mistake of personally leading small charge and died in the process.

UO0013.jpg

I actually wanted Segumerjaz to die in this battle, he is oldfag and should pack his shit and go to valhalla.

UO0014.jpg

Ok, I will put Segumerjaz in front line this time, he's too much of a badass and Suebic national hero (even though he is Marcomanni) to die of old age.

UO0001.jpg

CHAAAARGE!

UO0005.jpg

Amasin grace, how sweet ze sound.

UO0006.jpg

He fell to the river!

UO0007.jpg

And there he goes... what a way to go.

UO0008.jpg

Goodnight sweet prince :salute:

UO0009.jpg

And then we killed romans and get ourselves drunk in honor of Segumerjaz.

UO0001.jpg

UO0002.jpg

This battle may be slightly harder because Aedui have unit of very experienced Gaesatae.

UO0003.jpg

We will rush army that attacked us and destroy it. Meanwhile our skirmishers will annoy Avaricum garrison, force it to chase them around and exhaust the shit out of them.

UO0010.jpg

We completed first part of the plan, relieve army and general that was leading it are dead and Avaricum garrison is all over the place chasing our skirmishers.

UO0012.jpg

Now we can just eliminate isolated units, like those Gaesatae here.

UO0014.jpg

UO0016.jpg

And leader of Avaricum garrison got fucking stuffed with javelins and I don't even know where it happened.

UO0017.jpg

But them Celts don't like their generals being dead and flee.

UO0018.jpg

I don't know why it is "heroic victory" when we lost so many troops.

UO0019.jpg

But Avaricum is ours and we relocate it's population even though our shitty-ass farming won't let us keep them alive for long.

UO0020.jpg

And now we will have very convoluted city defence with half of defenders being outside the city. Well, this might be interesing.

UO0001.jpg

Reinforcements arrived. We told them to walk towards us slowly because idea here is to fight exhausted romans with fresh troops. THAT'S THE ONLY WAY!1

UO0002.jpg

Mediolanum garrison is ready, we are on "hold position" and on the hill, our soldier will do less damage but won't get tired much fighting this way.

UO0003.jpg

We are harassing them with our cavalry but not many fucks are given.

UO0004.jpg

And clusterfuck begins.

UO0006.jpg

UO0007.jpg

They are pushing us back but we killed their general...

UO0008.jpg

... put our slingers behind them...

UO0009.jpg

... and our reinforcements arrived to ruin their motherfucking day.

UO0011.jpg

SPLOOOOSH.

UO0012.jpg

UO0013.jpg

Aigilaz.JPG

Go back to Italioa, dis our clay now.

UO0001.jpg

We have majority of gaul conquered, soon we shall take Viennos and then backstab Arverni because they are shit allies and can be Turkey as much as I care.

UO0002.jpg

But this shit is annoying. Because Vindobonna rebelled to Aedui we won't be able to destroy them and form alliance with Lusotannan. Which means we probably will be at war with them soon.

Aigilaz.JPG

Being surrounded by enemies means ve vill be able to kill zem all at once!

UO0003.jpg

That's unexpected. Aedui hauled their asses out of Viennos to attack our army.

UO0004.jpg

Well, they have nicer army and our general is terrible (that's this "terrbile tactician" guy) but they are celts, they don't stand a chance.

UO0005.jpg

And we have one unit of Germanic Heavy Infantry, they are Sweboz elite soldiers and we can recruit them only as a mercenaries in Sweboland until reform kicks in.

UO0008.jpg

I think this general is actually hurting morale of our troops because I put slingers in front and some of them just routed when they spotted Aedui army.

UO0009.jpg

That's a proper SMASH! of battle lines. We haven't got many of those because I'm scared shitless of javelin exchanges.

UO0012.jpg

This army was originally designed to fight romans so we have a lot of anti-armor guys and no archers. Unfortunately we also don't have any cavalry.

UO0013.jpg

We crushed Aedui left flank and now it's time to collapse on their center.

UO0014.jpg

UO0015.jpg

We didn't rout them but they are bugging out.

UO0017.jpg

UO0018.jpg

We can't reach Viennos this turn though and they will have time to replenish their losses (AI can keep spamming stacks even with one town).

Update 13 - New overlords of Yurop.

UO0001.jpg

Last bastion of Aedui in gaul is under siege, when it falls they will be Hungary. Then we will take last bastion of Arverni and they will be Turkey. Fucking Celts in this game are Poles of antiquity.

UO0002.jpg

Aigilaz.JPG

Ve vill also conquer zem Bretons and Scheisse Video vill no longer by only Sweboz source of income, ve vill be also selling Alan Stivell albums.

UO0003.jpg

Aigilaz.JPG

Meanwhile in the south, there be Roman shitstorm a-brewing.

UO0004.jpg

Romans pulled-off Hannibal and sneaked army across the alps. Well, fuck.

UO0005.jpg

UO0006.jpg

We should start some kind of religious cult centered around this fucking bridge man.

UO0007.jpg

Ok, they crossed fucking alps in winter just to approach Mediolanum from different direction. Roman ways are mysterious...

UO0001.jpg

Jesus, that's the army that crossed alps. Guys, it's not the SIDE of a bridge that is a problem, its the bridge itself.

UO0002.jpg

Captain Titus realised dream of every roman and experienced other side of this bridge. He is too dead to tell anynone what he saw there though.

UO0001.jpg

I don't know what romans are trying to do but I decided to recruit another army to guard our rear, just in case. Also, our conquest of Gaul is going slow because we have only 2 armies there and they have to conquer it, pacify and then oversee setting our govenment, that's fucking plenty for two armies.

UO0001.jpg

This time our "faction leader" will have to defend Mediolanum without any outside support (bridge rapist are too busy bridge raping).

UO0002.jpg

I think he got this though.

UO0003.jpg

Yup.

Aigilaz.JPG

GWAHAHAAHgaz!!1!eingaz It's no longer Yurop italioans, it's MEINROP!!11eingaz

UO0004.jpg

"Breaker of Rome" that's sounds very nice. It will be his only official title though, this dude is infertile and he can't continue royal line so son of Aigilaz will be next heir (By the way, we have way to many dudes named Aigilaz).

UO0001.jpg

Aigilaz.JPG

JA! dis might be our chance!

UO0002.jpg

UO0003.jpg

We gave them 2000 mnai and they accepted to be our allies.

Aigilaz.JPG

I'm in yo shit, snatching yo allies GWAHAHAHAAHgaz!!11!eingaz

UO0004.jpg

Carthage attacked some free state in Iberia and it started war between them and Lusotannan and made their alliance chain collapse. That's great news for us unless Lusotannan will get steam-rolled by dem Phoencians.

UO0005.jpg

Safe-ish western front means we can remove romans from Tolosa.

UO0006.jpg

Darioritum surrendered.

UO0007.jpg

No we have acces to shitton of stones that gives us nothing. We can destroy them for 1500 mnai when in desperate need though.

UO0008.jpg

Also, we have access to Celtic Shortswordsmen here and every melee unit we can recruit in Gaul is welcome.

UO0001.jpg

Aigilaz.JPG

Last stand of Aeduigaz before they become Hungary.

UO0003.jpg

UO0004.jpg

Viennos is quite unhappy so we shall expel it and then ask Aedui for peace and trade rights.

UO0001.jpg

Now we have to quickly take Tolosa before Roman reinforcements arrive.

UO0002.jpg

Oh crap, Pedites Extraordinary, dis gonna hurt.

UO0003.jpg

Aigilaz.JPG

It was painful but now Italioans are almost pushed back to their precious Italioa. Now we must recruit some Kelts to make Arverni into Turkey. And remember, every Kelt that trait his race on our side is not race traitor, is hero.

UO0004.jpg

They are happy, occupy.

UO0001.jpg

I wanted to send diplomat to Aedui but I noticed they don't exist anymore, we killed their last family member and they are destroyed.

UO0001.jpg

Time to remove roman reinforcements that arrived too late to save Tolosa.

UO0002.jpg

Aigilaz.JPG

Zey have mostly keltic race traitors zere so it should be easy.

UO0005.jpg

Ve used our proven pitched battle tactics - smash into enemy in pray to ze gods that you come out on top.

UO0006.jpg

It vorked, praise ze gods I guess GWAHAHAAHAgaz!!11!eingaz

UO0007.jpg

Our Belgae allies smashed into what is left of italioan force and ve have to hurry up to help zem because zey may be Belgae bu zey are still fucking kelts, they are not very into it.

UO0008.jpg

But Sweboz are into it and ve arrived in time and ze day is ours.

UO0009.jpg

Unfortunately we didn't had any kalavery so many race traitors managed to run away.

UO0011.jpg

Aigilaz.JPG

Now fuck bridges and citey defens. I will just stand here and chalangae every Italioan that tries to enter our clay. No, I don't hate Italioa, but I pity the fools and I will destroey any man who tries to take vat I got. Also, pain.

UO0001.jpg

Aigilaz.JPG

None is brave enough so ve have to go to zem.

UO0004.jpg

They were just race traitors again and zey run away ven dey spoted us.

UO0005.jpg

Aigilaz.JPG

Mesallia traditional germanic clay, no argue about that. But ve don't know what herr Manius Cornelius Blasio have with him so for now I just stand on the bridge and wait for ocassion to take bakc our clay.

UO0001.jpg

Aigilaz.JPG

Manius think he's Agemannon and he have fucking hoplites GWAHAHAHAHgaz!!11!einaz. Also, it's vinter so he can fucking move anyway, I decided to besiege Mesallia and take bakc our clay. And that's not all...

UO0002.jpg

Aigilaz.JPG

Zey won't even fucking know vat hit zem here. Ve smuggled army through Norici clay (and they kicked our butts two times but ve managed to flee) and ve are about to fukc up their Illyria. Sweboz are full of surprise and win.

Update 14 - Fighting romans and shit, you know, the usual.

UO0001.jpg

Aigilaz.JPG

I don't know vat you vant in our clay arverni, but if you try anything funny ve vill make you into turkey faster zan you can say "River Dance"

UO0002.jpg

Aigilaz.JPG

Also, herr Manius have more than just hoplites and ve had to abandon the siege or fight surrounded...

UO0001.jpg

UO0002.jpg

Aigilaz.JPG

It might have been unfair but I spit in ze eyes and flag of fair ven I fight Italioans.

UO0003.jpg

Now we can siege Mesalia again.

UO0004.jpg

And star screwing up their Illyrian holdings by sieging Segestica.

UO0005.jpg

Romans might be trying to do something sneaky but this army will get raped by Norici if it tries to get to us through their land.

UO0001.jpg

Aigilaz.JPG

Stupid Italioans think zey secure in their clay, zey go for a valk and zen BAM! 2 thousand germans up their ass GWAHAHAHAAHgaz!!!1!eingaz

UO0002.jpg

UO0005.jpg

Ha, that's strange. Ve alvays been too busy getting our asses raped by zem to notice hov small zey are... like dorfs compared to Sweboz.

UO0006.jpg

UO0001.jpg

I failed to intercept army romans send to relieve Messalia, we have to abandon the siege again.

UO0002.jpg

This ambush may end fucking poorly.

UO0003.jpg

Thanks, Vegetius...

UO0004.jpg

That's most retarded ambush spot I ever saw in my life. We would have fight uphill I we wanted to surround them. I decided to treat it almost like regular battle instead (but we deployed some soldiers behind romans).

UO0006.jpg

We will wait till romans engage our main infantry line.

UO0008.jpg

UO0009.jpg

And then attack them with what we deployed on their rear.

UO0010.jpg

UO0014.jpg

This shit looks like one of the Teutoburg engagements.

UO0015.jpg

With exception that it's hard to say who is getting his ass kicked.

UO0016.jpg

But I think the tide is turning.

UO0018.jpg

UO0019.jpg

Yeah, It wasn't that bad.

UO0021.jpg

Oh, fuck you!

UO0002.jpg

This hill is our only hope and I don't feel bad about camping on red line when we are so badly outnumbered by superior force.

UO0003.jpg

This hill is quite high and I hope romans will give us some time to rest before they attack.

UO0004.jpg

To ensure we have time to rest after hill climbing we left some suicide ambushers in woods.

UO0007.jpg

Romans formed a line looking all scary and shit... and that's all they did for about 20 minutes.

UO0008.jpg

I was already celebrating victory due to timer running out when they finally attacked.

UO0010.jpg

UO0020.jpg

UO0023.jpg

They were coming in small waves so I decided take a shot at eleminating isolated units. Well, it turned out to be stupid fucking idea.

UO0025.jpg

UO0026.jpg

They were popping out from the woods by hundreds like some... germans, man. We had to retreat.

UO0028.jpg

Save us mr. Timer, you are our only hope!

UO0029.jpg

UO0030.jpg

Aigilaz.JPG

Time up, ve von! GWAHAHAHAHAHAgaz!!!1!eingaz

UO0031.jpg

UO0032.jpg

And we went back to bridge raping because romans are not weakened enough to attack them.

UO0001.jpg

Agilaz's offensive was a fucking trainwreck which he survived only thanks to divine intervention, we have to evacuate him back to germania.

UO0002.jpg

Which means no Massila for us. Garrison is too strong to storm the walls and we can't starve it because Agilaz screwed up in Liguria.

UO0003.jpg

I don't even.

UO0004.jpg

UO0005.jpg

We won't have Massila anytime soon so we have to backstab Arverni and take Gergovia because GERMANIA MUST GROW.

UO0006.jpg

But at least our deception strike at Illyria is going as planned.

UO0001.jpg

Ok, I forgot that there is no deployment phase when garrison tries to break the siege and I pressed "fight in battle map" and then went to do some shit in the garden. Well, it looks like we are winning though.

UO0003.jpg

It's a miracle that no family member died here.

UO0004.jpg

Segestica will get it's ass enslaved because they are unhappy and we are good on population.

Update 15 - Celtic Insurgency.

UO0005.jpg

Technically we are no backstabbing bastards this time. We broken our alliance with Arverni diplomatically and then they ambushed our army (and fled), so they started it this time.

UO0001.jpg

Aigilaz.JPG

Go back to your precious Turdulia.

UO0002.jpg

UO0003.jpg

Well, Arverni are not learning from Roman mistakes.

UO0004.jpg

They have some troops behind us (including two generals) but majority of their infantry will have to go through this bridge.

UO0007.jpg

Which means going through our loyal Swebros - Alpine spearmen. And I don't think that Bataroas will suceed at something that even Pedites Extraordinary failed at.

UO0008.jpg

Then I noticed that my Alpine dudes drops dead surprisingly fast. Well, those Bataroas have 7 level of experience, they are better than Pedites.

UO0009.jpg

Aigilaz.JPG

Still not fucking good enough!

UO0010.jpg

Now we just need to turn around and slaughter Yahoos that spawned behind us.

UO0012.jpg

UO0013.jpg

UO0015.jpg

Both Arverni generals died here. I think that rest of them is in Gergovia and Arverni will be gone when we take it (They got Ankyra because it rebelled from Arche Seleukeia so they can't have any family members there).

UO0017.jpg

Now we lay siege to Gergovia and build siege towers (Sweboz SMART!) and ladders this time because garrison is weak.

UO0016.jpg

Unfortunately this army will be able to reach Gergovia and will surely try to break the siege unless winter saves us.

UO0018.jpg

Meanwhile, we have one full stack ready (archers didn't arrived yet) and when we replenish Agilaz force after Ligurian failure we will have two. We shall send them at Masilla. I thought about helping Lusotannan against Carthage (they are getting steam-rolled) but I decided against it, romans have smaller armies and less money but they can send legionnaries at us, which we can't hope to beat in pitched battle. Carthage will have to rely on Iberian natives and I think we can beat those easily*.

There is also one huge problem though, Carthage is posed to attack us in Gaul and Gaul is our weak spot, we can't recruit jack shit there. I changed our governments there and developed some factional MICs but we still can't recruit Celto-Germanic Spearmen which is worrying. Romans, on the other hand, have to fight best shit we got (Speudogordoz, Alpine phalanx and Teceitos Axeman).

UO0001.jpg

Winter was not enough to stop arverni and relieve force arrived at Gergovia.

UO0002.jpg

We have pretty standard deployment with significant flanking force hidden in the woods on our army left flank.

UO0003.jpg

Our skirmishers are told to fuck with arverni immidiately. Hopefully this make them run and tire themselves before main engagement. We need to keep our casualties low because this army have to reinforce bridge-rapists near Masilla after this battle.

UO0005.jpg

Celts are tired of getting their head smashed by lead bullets and are charging.

UO0006.jpg

No point in javelin exchange, we have to charge because bad intentions are shitty armor against pointy sticks.

UO0007.jpg

It's time to unleash our hidden reserves.

UO0009.jpg

UO0011.jpg

Our right flank is fleeing and shit stopped looking pretty.

UO0012.jpg

But left is doing spiffy.

UO0013.jpg

Now we have to send our archers at arverni cavalry and collapse our infantry on their main line.

UO0014.jpg

Well, bummer. It didn't worked so well. I think we ain't reinforcing shit with those guys.

UO0016.jpg

Masillan bridge rapist are on their own. This army is dead. This aggresion will not stand Arverni!

UO0017.jpg

UO0018.jpg

Fucking Romans gathered like vultures they are!

UO0019.jpg

No bridge for you though!

UO0001.jpg

Change of plans guys, you are not going to Masilla. We need to give this army to Agilaz and put the Arverni down.

UO0002.jpg

Meanwhile in Illyria things are going fine. We can recruit Illyrian troops in Segestica so our offensive here may turn out to be something more than just deception. But first we need to remove roving roman armies.

UO0003.jpg

We have huge terrain disadvantage here so we have to find better place to fight.

UO0004.jpg

Our skirmishers will cover our asses while we move.

UO0005.jpg

Or our infantry will have to cover them as they fail to skirmish.

UO0008.jpg

We dealt with Illyrian coastal levies and now one unit of Triarii wants to play.

UO0009.jpg

I'm all for playing with isolated Triarii.

UO0010.jpg

Ok, whole "hold the line on even ground" plan is officialy thrown out of the window.

UO0011.jpg

Romans have mostly costal levies who are good against armor but we don't have any so they are pretty much useless here and we should be fine.

UO0013.jpg

Roman heavies are fleeing and we can just charge their squishy part.

UO0015.jpg

UO0016.jpg

And they routed straight away.

UO0018.jpg

UO0019.jpg

Aigilaz.JPG

U see Illyrians? Italioans can't lead you to victrey, join us! Illyria can be STRONG! when bros of Sweboz!

UO0021.jpg

Romans apparently have too many soldiers because they decided to throw away some of them by sending Masilla garrison to die at the bridge of death.

UO0022.jpg

We can actually make a move on Masilla now without sending another army here.

UO0023.jpg

We left strong garrison in Mediolanum and ordered our bridge-rapist to stand on different bridge and cut off any potential relieve force from reaching Masallia.

UO0024.jpg

And then third siege of Masallia begins.

UO0025.jpg

In Gaul, Arverni completely wasted their chance and did nothing after crushing our army. Agilaz is only two or three seasons away from Gergovia.

UO0026.jpg

Meanwhile in the east, after leaving some soldiers in Segestica we move our army to kick Romans out of Dalmatia.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Lolwut?! This never happened in my games!

I think you need to kill their army with one army, besiege their city with another, and continue to use the first army to kill the respawning doomstack while the siege lasts. Or some shit like that.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Ahhh, yes. The "emergency button" in the Eb script going mad. That happens when the 'Mobile Doomstack' seems not to react to your invasion, I think. Storyfag strategy is solid, but storming the city with your best troops sometimes works. Using extra armies as AI reinforcements seems to bug the AI (in my games, they did nothing during the assaults!).

And thanks, Ivar. Your LP gave me strength to end something that was long overdue.

RomeVictory_zpsa82ab684.png

What now? Pontos, Sabaeans or Hay?

Ahhh, yes. The "emergency button" in the Eb script going mad. That happens when the 'Mobile Doomstack' seems not to react to your invasion, I think. Storyfag strategy is solid, but storming the city with your best troops sometimes works. Using extra armies as AI reinforcements seems to bug the AI (in my games, they did nothing during the assaults!).

And thanks, Ivar. Your LP gave me strength to end something that was long overdue.

RomeVictory_zpsa82ab684.png

What now? Pontos, Sabaeans or Hay?

Holy crap, that's impressive. Pontos and Armenia seems to be equally suicidal choices, I always wondered how you are supposed to survive as 1 province minor surrounded by enemies. Because tactics of disbanding armies and developing economy don't seems like good idea when you border Arche Seleukeia.

Lolwut?! This never happened in my games!

I think you need to kill their army with one army, besiege their city with another, and continue to use the first army to kill the respawning doomstack while the siege lasts. Or some shit like that.

I'm absolutely sure I won't be able to beat them in one battle and as Dayyalu said, having another stack as AI reinforcements is bad idea because they will do nothing. I guess I will have to stack spam them... but actually we have more "pressing" problems in this campaign than Boii*.

*Cough* *Cough* Carthage *Cough*...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom