Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play Magna Mundi: Pakistan Ascendant

Giant douche or turd sandwich?

• Sikhism

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Religion of Peace

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Fafnir

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
What is the plan after unifying India?

The Brazilian Slaughter said:
FFF Bro, mind giving links to the update posts in the first page? Its mite hard having to navigate though millions of posts without internet in my home.

That'd probably take awhile, but I'll try. I can't update until June 9th, but I am completely free from then. Figured I should inform my bros.

The plan for India is to conquer it, consolidate everything and establish infrastructure in the south, then do whatever the Codex wants.

ironyuri

Bro, I haven't posted in a while, but I just thought I'd let you know I still love you.

Massive brofists, bro 4 lyf.

:brofist:

Fafnir

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I most admit I am looking forward to the Sengoku game using the Crusader Kings 2 engine than anything Magna Mundi does with Japan.

EDIT: Does not mean I am not all :love: about Magna Mundi

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Yea, the thing with Magna Mundi ruler personalities is that they will be a completely arbitrary system you have next to no control over. Which is not the case in the awesomeness that is CK.

When did the search function change? I was going to add links to the updates for that Brazilian fellow. My retardation may have gotten the better of me, as I can't seem to find the links for individual posts anymore.

Anyways, I'll have an update for you fellows tonight. I want to finish this one off, so I can do either an Aztec or Japan LP before Magna Mundi comes out.

commybro

Novice
cumrade, you gonna take ceylon?

anyway i think you should go rape the middle east and persia, there can be one lord of goats!

Sorry about the delay, I'll do a more timely update tomorrow. I'll probably go for Ceylon after I take Goa. Both Portugal and that Buddhist ejaculate-island have strong navies, so I'll need to get another naval idea to get rid of the horrendous ship cost penalties.

eu3game2011-05-2407-50-54-31.jpg

Ah, the most sublime of states. Stretching from the Baluchi Motherland, to the Ganges Delta, almost all the way down to the tip of India. How glorious, how beautiful.

But what's this? What is this blue stain, this blemish that marks the bosom of the Emerald Goat? The Ahmadnegroes! They must be punished for their insolence, their unsightliness! Gather the men, it is time for another War of Peace!

eu3game2011-05-2407-51-19-77.jpg

The Hindus of Assam refuse to join the Shah in this most righteous of struggles, even though their own Monarch is an Andhairavid himself. Andhaira will forgive their loathsome treachery, for now.

eu3game2011-05-2407-51-56-23.jpg

Alas, it is not much of a war. Rather an anti-climactic conquest. Nevertheless, it is a victory, the blue stain has been wiped away. Blue is the colour of infidels, only glorious Andhairavid Green has divine sanction!

eu3game2011-05-2407-52-45-58.jpg

Pro Andhaira! The Hindus will be swept from India! :salute:

eu3game2011-05-2407-55-34-73.jpg

:rpgcodex:

Does Andhaira need to purge a bitch? Looks like the bureaucracy needs a bit of a shakeup.

eu3game2011-05-2407-56-57-62.jpg

Showing himself to be a gracious and forgiving ruler, Andhaira offers his Assamese cousin a chance to redeem himself in the eyes of the Great Goat. The Sikh-Hindu Andhairavid Alliance is reaffirmed. :thumbsup:

eu3game2011-05-2812-13-22-34.jpg

Promptly after the conquest of Ahmadanagar, the Shah is carried up by the Great Goat, to walk in the halls of his forefathers. The new Shah is, much like his father, silver tongued and charismatic. Unlike his father he has a solid grasp of what is needed to effectively run an Empire, even if he himself is not particularly adept at day to day administration. Hopefully he should prove a good man to consolidate his father's conquests.

eu3game2011-05-2812-22-16-55.jpg

After ascending to the throne, the new Shah begins the process of bringing the new territories into the Imperial Administration. Permanent garrisons and centres of government are established. Rebellious elements are crushed, or driven out of sight. The situation in the new provinces vastly improves, and the entire Empire benefits as a result.

eu3game2011-05-2812-23-52-09.jpg

A new Andhairavid ascends to the throne of Assam. He is to take up his father's position as the guardian of Eastern Andhairavidism. Andhaira XII sends his best wishes to his brother Shah, along with a beautiful Rajput princess and a pack of the finest Sikh Attack Goats.

eu3game2011-05-2812-26-08-77.jpg

:thumbsup:

eu3game2011-06-0800-59-17-12.jpg

The Shah's administrative consolidation comes at the same time as agricultural improvements in Rajputana. The increase in produce in what was formerly a poor and sparse region generates huge amounts of wealth for the treasury.

eu3game2011-06-0801-01-11-05.jpg

:x INFIDELS

eu3game2011-06-0801-01-32-28.jpg

:love: BROS

eu3game2011-06-0801-03-03-45.jpg

The Shah commissions a series of modern fortifications along the border regions of Nepal, Baluchistan, Upper Rajputana and the Punjab. The project is extremely expensive, but Andhaira is confident that the added security will be worth it should either the Muslims or the Tibetans attempt an invasion. The new forts are based on European "Star Fort" designs, and are another example of the European influence found throughout the Andhairavid military.

eu3game2011-06-0801-03-27-32.jpg

The Assamese once again manage to pick a fight with the failing Ming dynasty. China is deeply fractured and wracked by civil wars, so the Hindus should be able to handle this on their own. Just in case, the Shah orders the Bihari Horde move to Koch, should the Chinese lay siege to the Assamese capital.

eu3game2011-06-0801-05-45-43.jpg

The Shah has received a strange vision, sent to him by the Great Goat. God is angered by the Republic of Deva Bengal. Not only are they Hindu infidels, but they have even forced their Monarch to abide by a constitution. The Shah has been tasked with restoring the powers of their rightful Shah, and with ensuring that he embrace the true faith of Sikhism.
The Shah himself has been quite unconcerned with this upstart Republic. They are of no threat whatsoever, and the Empire already has a stable eastern border. This vision does provide opportunities however. The Deva Bengali Shah will be indebted to Andhaira, and will be inclined to convert for protection against Republican rebels. Success will mean the eastwards spread of Sikhism, and the establishment of a loyal buffer state.

eu3game2011-06-0801-06-18-83.jpg

The Republic of Deva Bengal is allied with the Kanth dynasty, the Principality of Orissa, and, shamefully, the Shahdom of Assam. The Gujarati and Bahmanid Hordes are moved into position, should the Vidyanegroes honour their alliance. Assam is another matter. The Shah does not wish to fight an inter-dynastic war. The Andhairavid line has greater enemies, it must not fight itself. If such a war should break out, then Andhaira hopes to limit it to a simple family squabble.

eu3game2011-06-0801-07-08-54.jpg

The Hordes are all placed along the southern and eastern borders. The Shah sends his declaration of war to the Bengalis, demanding that they either surrender immediately or face the wrath of Andhaira. The Vidyanegroes will undoubtedly join the war, but the Shah is unsure which side his cousin will choose. Victory is certain, but a war between two Andhairavids may have serious ramifications for the Andhairavid political structure. M:

Kashmir Slippers

Magister
Thanks for the update, bro. I was having withdrawals.

The war should be a double-win. If I am reading the mission text correctly, it seems that an Andairavid Shah will ascend to the Bengali throne after you vassalize them. Even if Assam declares against you, the dynastic ties will still stand. Who knows, if you have to fight your cousin, you probably can discuss a more proactive method of protecting them in the future.

No, I'm afraid the mission just gives a vassalisation CB for no infamy. If I succeed, it boosts relations and trust significantly, and improves their stability. Vassalising them will prevent them from having royal marriages with other countries however, so that drastically increases the chances of an Andhairavid ascending to their throne.

eu3game2011-06-0801-07-17-75.jpg

The Assamese opt for neutrality. They neither follow the Shah to war, nor do they oppose his claims. An Andhaira should not fight an Andhaira, let alone abandon one. Of course, the Shah did not actually need Assamese help, but symbolically this is a great blow to Andhairavid pride.

eu3game2011-06-0801-07-25-96.jpg

Don't push your luck. :rpgcodex:

eu3game2011-06-0801-07-36-16.jpg

As expected, the Vidyanegroes honour their guarantee, and declare war in protection of the Bengalis. Their defeats at the hands of the Andhairavid Empire have greatly lessened their military capacity, but the Kanth army is still nothing to scoff at. Currently it consists of two main forces, the Raja's army in Kondavidu, and a second, smaller force in Bangalore.
The Gujarati Horde moves to crush the Bangalore army, so as to isolate the Kanth Raja. The Hindus themselves move to attack the Bahmanid Horde. After some brief indecision, it becomes apparent that the Horde will not be able to outrun the Vidyanegroes. The Bahmanid Commander chooses to stand and fight, as a proper Andhairavid gentleman should. :obviously:

eu3game2011-06-0801-08-31-79.jpg

Meanwhile, the Bihari Horde rapidly smashes through the Bengali Republican defenses, reaching and occupying their capital in only a few days.

eu3game2011-06-0801-08-42-42.jpg

The Arch-Republicans are slaughtered to a man. The Shah even hears a rumour that the Bengalis allow women into government, but they are all so indistinguishable, it is difficult to verify. The Deva Bengali King is restored to his rightful place, as a puppet monarch in the thrall of Andhaira. He is forced to swear loyalty to the Shah, and to embrace Sikhism. The spineless Bengali agrees without question.

Deva Bengal has now been established as a loyal vassal of Andhairavidia, now all that remains is to once again crush and humiliate the insolent Vidyanegroes.

eu3game2011-06-0801-09-00-27.jpg

:thumbsup:

eu3game2011-06-0801-09-20-16.jpg

The Principality of Orissa has also joined the war. Through clever alliances and treaties, the Orissans have managed to stave off annexation for much longer than expected. They are irritating, but hardly a threat. When the Kanth dynasty is finally broken, the Orissans will fall in short order.

eu3game2011-06-0801-10-00-64.jpg

The Bahmanid Horde, quite spectacularly, manages to rebuff the main Vidyanegro force. The Gujarati Horde is ordered away from Bangalore to Kondavidu, in an attempt to intercept and crush the Raja. The Horde manages to win a victory, but not decisively. The Raja is sent fleeing deeper into his own territory. The Gujarati and Bahmanid Hordes likewise retreat to reinforce, and to deal with the Bangalore army.

eu3game2011-06-0801-10-43-64.jpg

eu3game2011-06-0801-10-49-06.jpg

The Shah uses the brief respite to reaffirm the alliance with Assam, and to orchestrate a military alliance with his Bengali vassals.

eu3game2011-06-0801-10-59-83.jpg

With the conversion of their Monarch, many loyal Hindus themselves adopt Sikhism. A Sikh majority is quickly established in Deva Bengal. The Shah watches his new puppet with quiet approval.

eu3game2011-06-0801-11-45-46.jpg

The entirety of Orissa is quickly occupied. The Shah delays peace talks for a few weeks, waiting for a resolution to the Vidyanegro campaign.

eu3game2011-06-0801-11-49-33.jpg

The Bangalore army, which had been besieging Raichur Doab for several months now, is forced to battle by the vastly superior Gujarati Horde. Thousands of Hindus are killed, and the rest are scattered into the countryside. If victory wasn't already certain, this is the nail in the coffin. The Raja's army numbers around 15,000 men, not nearly enough to stand up to the combined forces of Andhaira.

eu3game2011-06-0801-12-13-38.jpg

The Orissan Raja offers to pay an enormous monetary concession, essentially emptying his treasury into Andhairavid hands, and to relinquish his claims on Orissa proper and the province of Cuttack. The Shah does not yet intend to annex Orissa, so he decides to take the Hindu gold.

eu3game2011-06-0801-12-13-38.jpg

The isolated Vidyanegro province of Parlakimidi is captured, freeing up the Bahmanid Horde to capture Kondavidu.

eu3game2011-06-0801-12-54-59.jpg

eu3game2011-06-0801-13-29-30.jpg

eu3game2011-06-0801-13-58-33.jpg

The Raja fails to win any victories, but he manages to keep his force together as the Gujarati Horde pushes him back and forth through his Kingdom. Attrition takes a dreadful toll on the Horde, but the Commander is confident that the Raja will submit before his Horde is too greatly diminished.

eu3game2011-06-0801-14-32-01.jpg

The Vidyanegroes surrender, as the General predicted, after a brief engagement outside Calicut. Their morale pushed to the limits by a string of constant defeats, the Hindus submit to Andhaira. Half of their number are promptly thrown to the goat pits, while the rest are taken as prisoners of war.

eu3game2011-06-0801-14-55-33.jpg

All the while. the Bihari Horde besieges and occupies the Vidyanegro capital, the Bahmanid Horde too small to crack open the city. With no army to speak of, and his capital occupied, The Kanth Raja is utterly beaten.

eu3game2011-06-0801-15-15-90.jpg

The Shah decides simply to humiliate the Raja. The Vidyanegroes are, much like the Orissans, forced to pay a substantial concession and relinquish their claims on Andhairavid territory.

eu3game2011-06-0801-15-40-52.jpg

Now that a peace has been secured, the Shah organises an extravagant wedding between the Deva Bengali Shah and a beautiful Andhairavid Princess. The Bengali Shah is subtly snubbed with a gift of inferior Rajput goats, much to the amusement of the Andhairavid court.

eu3game2011-06-0801-19-07-10.jpg

And, just as the war ends, the Kanth Raja dies. The new Raja is a fool, much like his fathers. He has declared his intention to stand against the Shah. This war has resulted in no substantial territorial gain, but the Shah is tiring of these insolent heathens. When war next breaks out, he intends to smash their petty Kingdom asunder.

Calego

Novice
Yeah, the AI never (never never) sides with aggressors in double-alliance situations. That might actually be the only time I've seen the AI not honour the defender's alliance either; usually they're more than willing to suicide themselves against the enormous, benevolent empire next door.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Yea, it can get pretty ridiculous when every war turns into a giant clusterfuck due to AI alliances. It's even crazier in Victoria 2.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Vaarna_Aarne said:
Yea, it can get pretty ridiculous when every war turns into a giant clusterfuck due to AI alliances. It's even crazier in Victoria 2.

Oh god Victoria 2 wars almost always turn into "hai guyz I'm a GP so I'm gonna be a total imperialist dick and intervene in this conflict" leading into several world wars over some backwards villages in the deep dungpits of Asia. Which isn't that far from history but still it's taken to the shepard-esque EXTREME.

kazgar

Arcane
The endtimes for the Vidyanegroes are a coming.

Would the religion have a majority anywhere after the final push into the subcontinent?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom