Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play Magna Mundi: Pakistan Ascendant

Giant douche or turd sandwich?

• Sikhism

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Religion of Peace

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
eu3game2011-03-1715-54-48-79.jpg

Looks like that Bourgeois Revolution is coming up sooner or later. With luck, Andhaira will be able to draw power away from the Aristocracy while avoiding disastrous political turmoil. In order to effectively dissolve the rigid, completely un-meritocratic hierarchy present in the Andhairavid cities, the people who benefit from it the most must be made weaker. Social mobility is important. Trade, industry, and technological development will benefit immensely from a more flexible society, even if stability and good order suffer from it.

eu3game2011-03-1715-55-21-14.jpg

The Shah begins the process of weakening his Aristocracy by first cracking down on the privileges of the upper Nobility. Nothing drastic is done, but it is enough to significantly upset the Aristocracy. The crackdown is intended to allow the Shah a more effective and absolute rule, by centralising governing power from the Nobles to the Monarch. A side effect of this is a sudden jump in royal taxation.

eu3game2011-03-1715-55-36-75.jpg

Andhaira is approached by groups of Islamic Ghazis, religious warriors who raid in and out of infidel countries. The general stance of the Andhairavids is religious tolerance, but under an Islamic dynasty. The Shah makes a grand show of supporting these crusaders, improving his standing with other Muslim states Much of the state support is taken from the increased revenues exacted by the Shah after his crackdown on Aristocratic privilege.

eu3game2011-03-1715-55-59-51.jpg

Major expansion has been halted until the Empire is once again in a stable and prosperous condition. Instead, some expansion within is taking place, rather than expansion without. New land is claimed and cultivated, and new settlements are built. Thanks to Sikhism, the population and prosperity of the Punjab has increased dramatically. Thankful for the Shah's policies of religious tolerance and multiculturalism, the Punjabi people provide a deep recruiting pool for the Andhairavid forces. The Sikhs have also proven to be able goat farmers and organisers, although the Guru himself preaches against the practice of goat-copulation.

eu3game2011-03-1715-56-10-77.jpg

Stability slowly improves, but the Aristocracy are still very butthurt.

eu3game2011-03-1715-56-19-29.jpg

Oh, fuck off.

eu3game2011-03-1715-56-32-24.jpg

:x

eu3game2011-03-1715-58-28-92.jpg

:retarded:

What.

WHAT?!

:rage:

Well, there goes peace and prosperity. I'm going to need to keep my ass down now until i can get a better government type and Bureaucracy.

eu3game2011-03-1715-59-11-67.jpg

No, go fuck yourself. No higher title for you.

eu3game2011-03-1716-02-27-05.jpg

Andhaira is a mean, lean, male heir producing machine. I've been quite lucky with all my rulers so far. Almost all of them have been good, and the shitty ones all died off before succeeding.

eu3game2011-03-1716-02-51-28.jpg

Rajputana has come into possession of Allahabad, one of the wealthiest regions in North India. I think this is because of how varied the cultures are. Almost none of the Hindu Indian states have the same culture as the majority of their provinces, so nationalist and patriot revolters can cause strange defections.

eu3game2011-03-1716-03-21-71.jpg

Tragically, the second great Guru of the Sikhs has passed away (although he's still my adviser, not even death can separate true bros) and the Punjab is in mourning. The third Guru has been selected. He is expanding on the ideas of his predecessor, much as his predecessor did with the first Guru's ideas. Although Sikhism is still a religious and social movement, rather than a political one, it is becoming more and more organised. The new Guru has even founded specific branches of the faith, dedicated to converting specific religions. The Sikhs are now actively looking outwards. The Shah is still inclined to tolerate them. Reversing his policies at this point would seem hypocritical, and would probably force the Sikhs to become even more organised and actually militant. As long as they do not develop into a political force opposed to Andhairavid rule, they may call the Andhairavid Punjab their home.

eu3game2011-03-1716-04-42-15.jpg

As usual, as soon as i get any kind of event related to Sikhism and choose a tolerant option, most of the Punjab converts. It will probably convert back again sooner or later by event. It doesn't matter either way. If a religion is tolerated then the only negative effect for having a province with that religion is slightly higher stability costs.

eu3game2011-03-1716-09-00-44.jpg

eu3game2011-03-1716-10-51-86.jpg

England seems to have gotten its shit together nicely. They are at -1 stability though, so they'll probably lose most of Scotland and Ireland to revolts as they usually do. I've noticed that big power blocks are forming in the Far East. Korea has fucking Ming in a PU, as well as Burma. Uesegi has conquered much of Northern Japan, and now this union between the two major Buddhist military powers (I'm sure the Buddha would have approved) in South Asia.

eu3game2011-03-1716-13-39-54.jpg

I get this event again. The schools are pretty shit, to be honest. Their effects are minor. The Maliki school, probably the most retarded one, has the best effects. An increase in tax and manpower with only a slight prestige drain.

eu3game2011-03-1716-16-43-01.jpg

Thank you.

eu3game2011-03-1716-17-12-25.jpg

:incline:

eu3game2011-03-1716-17-46-05.jpg

Now that the butthurt has faded since Andhaira III first started revoking autonomous rights, Andhaira IV begins to further centralise his grip over the various cities and towns of Sind and the Punjab. A new wave of butthurt develops, but it will fade in time.

eu3game2011-03-1716-21-59-84.jpg

Meanwhile, war! I'm afraid Fraps buggered up a few images here. I'll explain. I noticed the Rajputs didn't seem to have an army, or any alliances worth noting. Jalsaimer is a core of mine, and it has Rajput culture. You need a core on at least one province with an unaccepted culture for that culture to become accepted. I figured I would just snatch this province with reconquest for no infamy. Beyond conquering another province, it would make Rajput culture accepted, speeding up the coring process, increasing tax income, and lowering revolt risk. There were already some rebels there that had gotten a breach, so i routed them and immediately assaulted.

eu3game2011-03-1716-22-33-77.jpg

I move to occupy Bikaner. Despite having no army to speak of for some reason, the Rajput Prince decided to refuse my demands for Jalsaimer. He concedes after I crack open Bikaner.

eu3game2011-03-1716-22-46-27.jpg

The conquest tidies up my borders a bit. Conquest is fine and dandy, but you should make an effort to look snappy while driving your enemies before you.

Am I the only one who thought that the MM national Ideas for exploration and colonization to be completely broken? I mean you have to take several ideas like colonial ventures or viceroys before you are able to get "mass exploration and colonization" which would be fine if it wasn't for the fact that you can't colonize at all if you can't explore meaning that previous national ideas are pretty much useless for several hundred years.
Like now I'm playing as England, used the exploration decision, sure it explored a bit and you get a conquistador to explore some land but he obviously decided to kick the bucket after 2 years which was during a war, meaning about zero exploration done. So if I wanted to colonize at all I would have had to pick 5 national ideas. 5! At that rate the first colony might have been established mid 18th century. :decline:

Bit of a short one, but I'm free for now, so I'll try and give my bros some good daily updates until Friday.

eu3game2011-03-1716-23-34-43.jpg

Inexplicably, the recently conquered Rajput Hindus are more culturally accepted then the partially integrated Rajput communities with small Sunni minority groups. Whatever, Rajput is now an accepted culture. Combined with my tolerance, in the future conquering the Rajputs shouldn't be much of a difficulty. Administration is the real bitch here.

eu3game2011-03-1716-24-22-96.jpg

Tatar refugees from the Crimea flee in droves from the persecution of the infidel Tsar. Naturally, the rest of the Muslim world accepts them with open arms. Some flee into the loving arms of Andhaira. Strangely, they decide to settle in Sistan, a land completely devoid of any settlement or agriculture. Perhaps being Tatars, they don't want to give up their old lifestyle.

eu3game2011-03-1716-25-08-26.jpg

Andhaira orders a lowering of taxes in the homeland provinces of Baluchistan itself. For decades now there have been groups of rebellious nomads, who have by the grace of God decided to keep quiet. The Shah could crush them, but these are still hard men. Andhaira I himself rode into Delhi on a tide of harsh faced Baluchi horsemen. It would be bloody. Instead, the Shah tries to appease them by lowering their regular tribute. It's not as if Baluchistan is a vital economic centre.

eu3game2011-03-1716-25-36-22.jpg

As usual, the Shah pursues continued good relations with the Punjabi Sikhs. The Shah even provides some state funding to the third Guru. It is a small gift, but it is appreciated. On the surface things appear absolutely fine, but there is an air of worry in the Shah's court, that the Sikh religion may develop into a political force.

eu3game2011-03-1716-27-39-13.jpg

Meanwhile, France does something silly. A look at the religious map explains everything.

eu3game2011-03-1716-27-50-54.jpg

Protestantism and -3 stability do strange things to people.

eu3game2011-03-1716-31-54-05.jpg

You get 'em, Fritz!

eu3game2011-03-1716-32-24-61.jpg

Closer to home. A particularly excellent minister manages to advance amongst the not particularly spectacular Andhairavid bureaucracy. The Shah notices his talent, and decides to set him to work on promoting stability and also controlling immigration. Andhaira uses this to offset the political fallout of a controversial decision, allowing Jews into the Empire to settle and flee from persecution. It would however appear Fraps is anti-Semitic, so I can't show you the actual decision. Use your imagination.

eu3game2011-03-1716-32-43-07.jpg

Sufis begin settling in Baroda and the other Hindu regions of Gujarat. The Shah completely encourages their settlement. Not only are they good loyal Muslims, but their unorthodox methods encourage conversion by Hindus, who are unfamiliar with the strictness of orthodox Islam. The Andhairavid Empire was certainly not built on strict adherence to absolute religious principles. Being a loyal Muslim of any sort is enough, as long as you're not a Shit Muslim.

eu3game2011-03-1716-33-07-35.jpg

Another finely dressed oriental gentleman with a snappy turban. :thumbsup:

eu3game2011-03-1716-33-26-53.jpg

With my religious tolerance modifier, my Guru, and my Sufi Fakir, my tolerance of Heathens exceeds my tolerance of Sunni Muslims.

Positive discrimination?

Lumpy

Arcane
What.
So if you converted to Sikhism now (can you?) would that make Islam more tolerated?

Destroid

Arcane
Merkwürdigliebe said:
Am I the only one who thought that the MM national Ideas for exploration and colonization to be completely broken? I mean you have to take several ideas like colonial ventures or viceroys before you are able to get "mass exploration and colonization" which would be fine if it wasn't for the fact that you can't colonize at all if you can't explore meaning that previous national ideas are pretty much useless for several hundred years.
Like now I'm playing as England, used the exploration decision, sure it explored a bit and you get a conquistador to explore some land but he obviously decided to kick the bucket after 2 years which was during a war, meaning about zero exploration done. So if I wanted to colonize at all I would have had to pick 5 national ideas. 5! At that rate the first colony might have been established mid 18th century. :decline:

You will get more events, just be patient.

Probably Lumpy. In fact, Sikhism is one of the tolerant religions, so I'd probably have a heathen tolerance significantly higher than my state religion tolerance.

Edit: No Sikhism option yet I'm afraid. The only way would be a zealot revolt in the Punjab. Thanks to my tolerance this is pretty much impossible now.

I'll be making another update in a few hours to make up for my absence on Tuesday and most of Wednesday. Blame the Jews.

eu3game2011-03-2205-06-31-27.jpg

The Bourgeois Jewlickers of Baroda and Delhi approach the Shah. They seek the creation of an organisation representing the national merchants of the Andhairavid domains. This organisation wouldn't have much formal power or even political influence. If anything it would further centralise power over trade into Andhaira's hands. The Shah agrees and allows the creation of an Andhairavid Royal House of Trade.

Why exactly do you think this gives me a stability hit? I suppose the Aristocracy might be a bit butthurt, but the event doesn't specifically say or even allude to that. I chose to go along with the Jewlickers because that way Ii shouldn't get this event again. I'm not entirely sure, but I believe if you fix the problem with these events they don't occur in the future.

eu3game2011-03-2205-08-25-70.jpg

Killers without a cause, rebels with no name...

eu3game2011-03-2206-02-57-66.jpg

The Turkomans of Persia annex some sand and nomads for no apparent reason. The Grandmasters would be proud. I've noticed that, alongside the Ottomans and of course Andhaira, three other big Muslim powers have emerged. The Khanate of Samarkand, the Khanate of Persia, and the Mamelukes. Transoxiana has conquered most of Khorasan, which probably wouldn't have happened without player meddling. The Mamelukes are expanding as usual, and they have managed to avoid too many disastrous wars with the Turks or Persians. Qara Koyunhu has moved out of tribalism without too much trouble, so they're doing just fine. They bounced back rather well after Andhaira I and his hordes stomped on the Khan's testicles.

eu3game2011-03-2206-03-41-79.jpg

The peasants are revolting! There are some religious wars going on in Europe, but they're small scale at the moment. I'll keep my bros informed in case ITZ happens. England seems to be doing well. They've held on to Ireland and Scotland for about a decade I think without major incident.

eu3game2011-03-2206-12-46-94.jpg

The Shah organises a hiring fair in the hopes of attracting someone to replace the second Guru's corpse. He is starting to smell.

eu3game2011-03-2206-13-23-46.jpg

Naturally, I get a bunch of level 1 inquisitors and a butt-pirate. A Sikh gentleman offers his services anyways. The Shah is wary about having too many Sikhs in his court, so he lets the man sit in the corner to brood about existentialism and sodomy.

eu3game2011-03-2206-15-32-40.jpg

The Shah continues to offer the Sikhs state support. Presumably this will increase conversion rate to Sikh, which in turn will probably lead to more Sikh events and maybe even the option to convert.

eu3game2011-03-2206-15-47-33.jpg

Kathiawar cores, leaving a handful of provinces from the original Baluchi conquests uncored :thumbsup:

This includes my capital, Delhi :rpgcodex:

eu3game2011-03-2206-16-39-76.jpg

Sikhism is spreading like wildfire. Hinduism has also regained some significance, as many Rajput Hindus simply refuse to convert. Sikhism will probably :decline: sooner or later. Thanks to my Multikult, it doesn't really matter either way.

eu3game2011-03-2206-17-53-06.jpg

Oh shit, are you thinking, what I'm thinking? ITZ is cumming to Europe.

eu3game2011-03-2206-24-25-21.jpg

The Transoxianans carve out an enormous swathe of (extremely poor, useless and nomadic) territory from the Uzbek tribes of the north. The remaining tribes have sworn allegiance to the Khan of Persia in exchange for protection. Even though the territory is worthless, this now means Transoxiana is territorially larger than the Andhairavid realm! This cannot be allowed to stand.

eu3game2011-03-2206-28-01-67.jpg

:mob:

It'd be nice if there was an option to just brutally murder everyone in sight until they accept my rule.

eu3game2011-03-2206-28-21-79.jpg

Herpderp, that's what I get for jewing my soldiers out of their pay.

eu3game2011-03-2206-29-12-12.jpg

Better.

eu3game2011-03-2206-29-35-49.jpg

Oh dear. The Uzbeks decided independence is for faggots, so their territory has been added to the domains of the Black Sheep. If it comes down to war, Transoxiana will probably win unless either the Ottomans or the Andhairavids offer assistance to the Black Sheep Khan.

eu3game2011-03-2206-31-55-86.jpg

Alas, Andhaira IV dies young, in his thirties. The Empire is in a dire state. The situation is peaceful, but war seems to be on the horizon, and the internal administration of the country is in a mess. This new Andhaira, Andhaira V, has a keen intellect. Perhaps he might solve this issue for the next Andhaira?

eu3game2011-03-2206-32-19-67.jpg

This is good. India can have very high attrition rates, seeing as much of it is tropical.

eu3game2011-03-2206-32-42-76.jpg

Sikhism has finally developed into a political force, with a hand in court politics. The old Shah hoped it wouldn't come to this. Andhaira V decides to leave the Sikhs be. He can't really persecute them. His power isn't entirely secure, and they are very numerous. He takes the safe route, deciding to wait for further developments.

eu3game2011-03-2206-34-12-49.jpg

Meanwhile, he begins a massive campaign of :incline: on the Andhairavid bureaucracy.

eu3game2011-03-2206-37-08-64.jpg

The Gujarati state seems to have snapped up some territory from the dying Principality of Rajputana. The Prince of Gondwana has jumped in as well. They have replaced the Rajputs as the main Hindu power in India.

eu3game2011-03-2206-38-30-95.jpg

eu3game2011-03-2206-40-14-45.jpg

My Master of Mint dies, so I organise a hiring fair. At the very least, the sudden jump in AE means that my inflation isn't going to increase.

eu3game2011-03-2206-40-43-70.jpg

This fellow was the only adviser of note. I decide to hire him because he will allow me to build Biannual Fairs and Artisan Workshops. The rest of the advisers, as usual, are completely worthless sodomites.

eu3game2011-03-2206-41-41-84.jpg

The Mamelukes (let's ignore for a moment that they themselves are Arabs) and Persians are expanding into Arabia. More minor Muslims states are being pushed aside or annexed by the growing powers of Islam.The Sultan of Oman has died, leaving his lands to the Sultan of Hedjaz. If the Arabs can organise themselves against the invaders, they may have a slim chance of pushing them back. This means a weaker Persia, but that in turn means a stronger Transoxiana. The balance of power is very delicate right now.

eu3game2011-03-2206-42-31-79.jpg

Meanwhile, Andhaira has to stew around in the filth of arbitrary backwardness. in about 20-30 years I can get Bureaucracy, which will solve all of my administration problems. At that point, I can begin to expand further South.

Hey bros, I don’t suppose any of you have input or suggestions for me? There haven’t been as many comments lately, so I’m a bit worried you are getting bored with my LPs.

eu3game2011-03-2306-45-57-78.jpg

Over in Europe, another PU forms. The dynasties of the world seem to be having more degenerate sex orgies as of late, which would explain all of this metaphorical dynastic sodomy.

eu3game2011-03-2306-46-10-33.jpg

Even the Pope is engaging in a little man on butt action, although in this case he is the tranny. A group of Christian butt-heretics have occupied the Catholic holy city of Roma.

eu3game2011-03-2306-46-30-27.jpg

Back home, Andhaira V is continuing the policies of his father. Andhaira IV, God rest his soul, impressed upon the new Shah the necessity of restricting Aristocratic power and privilege. The Aristocracy, the minor Baluchi Khans and Indian princes under the Shah, are still powerful, but they are no longer a threat. They have standing armies, but these are only fit for protecting their lands, not fighting a war.
The Andhairavid Royal Army has become a state tool, and in the end all authority in any sort of Autocracy springs from the ability to maintain control through force. The Aristocracy are still understandably butthurt, so they do what little they can against the Shah. Andhaira’s court philosopher, a Sindhi Hindu, is sodomised and lynched in his chambers. The Shah is unconcerned. An assassination attempt against the Monarch is unthinkable, and there is never a shortage of pretentious intellectuals.

eu3game2011-03-2306-47-21-36.jpg

The small Sultanate of Gujarat, based outside of Gujarat proper, has been attacked by Gondwana, Bihar, and Vijayanagar. They are pretty much fucked. As you can see, the main powers in India are of course the Andhairavids, as well as Bihar, Gondwana, and further south Vijayanagar. These three Hindu states are the main obstacles standing in the way of Andhairavid domination in the subcontinent.

eu3game2011-03-2306-48-49-12.jpg

eu3game2011-03-2306-48-56-67.jpg

At the request of the Guru himself, Andhaira makes the Punjab region into the official homeland and haven of all Sikhs. The Shah agrees to this request, even though it strengthens Sikhism, because it might encourage Sikhs in Delhi and Sindh to migrate to Multan and the surrounding area. Better to have them all concentrated in one area, should they ever become a threat.

eu3game2011-03-2306-50-09-20.jpg

For many decades now, the Andhairavid Empire has operated on a rigid hierarchical caste system. If you were the son of a farmer, you would live a life of hard toil. If you were the son of a nobleman, you would live a life of sodomy and fine furniture. If you were a wise and intelligent man, and the son of a blacksmith, you would be a wise and intelligent blacksmith. Social mobility in such a hierarchy is non-existent. This sort of society promotes order and stability, as all know their place. What it does not promote, is innovation and progress. When men are forced to exert themselves to simply maintain their position in society, their creativity is stifled, because they have no time for new techniques or technologies. It is a hostile environment for a genius born outside of the Aristocracy. When men have a degree of prosperity and financial security, new ideas can be embraced and exploited.
Andhaira III, IV, and V have all realised this. Andhaira I was an inscrutable figure, but as he was blessed by God, he undoubtedly understood this too. The restriction of Aristocratic privilege has been an attempt by the Shahs to encourage social mobility amongst the lower orders. If the Empire is to remain competitive with its neighbors, stability must be sacrificed for the sake of genius.
A middle class has developed in the Andhairavid cities. Indian Ocean trade coming in and out of Baroda has lead to the creation of a merchant middle class. The growing bureaucracy requires educated clerks, and a demand for labour has allowed skilled craftsmen to demand more for their work. Reduced Aristocratic privilege means that farmers are no longer legally bound to their land. Ambitious young men can leave for the cities. These factors have created a limited social mobility within the hierarchical ladder. As the Aristocracy becomes less prominent, inter-caste marriage has lost its taboo status, although it is still frowned upon. Men can raise themselves through business, trade, knowledge, or craftsmanship. There is still a caste system, but for men of merit and ambition, there is opportunity to be grabbed.

eu3game2011-03-2306-50-12-93.jpg

eu3game2011-03-2306-50-57-67.jpg

eu3game2011-03-2306-51-02-22.jpg

Here are the related modifiers if you want to read any of this stuff. Even if it’s pretty arbitrary, I do prefer MM’s modernisation mechanics. It represents a developing society much better than the instant, generic modernisation decision vanilla has. The event descriptions are a nice touch. What does Codexia think?

eu3game2011-03-2306-53-33-38.jpg

Athank you. :thumbsup:

eu3game2011-03-2306-54-11-24.jpg

Amongst this developing class of educated men is a bright Punjabi philosopher, very much a student of the Gurus. The Shah takes this man into his employment. He has potential. Perhaps in time his smug intellectualism and bizarre, pretentious ideologies will bring Andhairavid culture to daring new heights.

eu3game2011-03-2306-54-47-63.jpg

Alas, the Kashmir line of Andhairavids has died before it was born. Instead, a Mameluke Prince (Anyone know what the prince of a Sultanate is called?) has ascended to the Kashmiri throne. He is friendly enough, but it is a shame that the line of Andhaira is still confined to the Empire of Andhaira I. It would appear Andhaira V, if he wishes to expand his dynasty, must resort to the tried and true methods of his forefathers.

eu3game2011-03-2306-57-21-65.jpg

A gifted Shit Muslim offers his services to the crown.

eu3game2011-03-2306-57-30-87.jpg

Unfortunately, he is not only a Shit Muslim, but a shit Muslim. He can stew in his heathen juices with the eternally unemployed recruitmasters, until there’s a vacancy.

eu3game2011-03-2307-00-27-15.jpg

Hooray for positive discrimination!

eu3game2011-03-2307-03-04-88.jpg

Hooray for nonsensical events! This is supposed to be an event for non-Muslim religions in Asia. It eventually gives you the option to convert, I think. The reason I’m getting them is probably because I’m tolerant and have a large Hindu minority. That’s why I have the option to ban trade with myself and outlaw conversion to my state religion.

eu3game2011-03-2307-04-42-27.jpg

Well shit. Hopefully this one will fizzle out. If they’re still in a PU when I try and take Goa, the retarded peace mechanics will make it infinitely more difficult. Inheritance isn’t so much of a problem. It would ruin Spain’s AE and force them to overstretch their forces.

eu3game2011-03-2307-06-06-41.jpg

A stone’s throw eastwards, ITZ has been averted in the Holy Roman Empire. There have been several minor conflicts, but the main religious struggle has failed to gain sufficient steam on either side. The member states of the Holy Roman Empire have agreed to an uneasy peace. ITZ will have to wait.

eu3game2011-03-2307-06-55-45.jpg

Closer to home, the Khans of Persia and Samarkand are having a scrape. The Khan of Samarkand has conquered most of the northern Uzbek tribes, while his Azerbaijani adversary is pushing through Khorasan. Campaigning through steppe and mountain ranges will have its ill effects on the Uzbek Khan’s realm

eu3game2011-03-2307-11-24-85.jpg

What.

The Hochmeisters would be ashamed.

eu3game2011-03-2307-15-26-21.jpg

Ahmadabad cores, and this is the result. I shouldn’t need to change my culture if I keep getting accepted cultures so easily. I’ll probably stay Baluchi, assuming I ever even get the option to switch cultures. Who knows? A future nationalist conquest of Persia (Baluchi is in the Iranian group with Persian and Pashtun) might not be entirely out of the question, should the Codex will it.

eu3game2011-03-2307-15-53-39.jpg

Huh, wouldn’t figure Tibetan Buddhists for oppressive imperialists.

eu3game2011-03-2307-24-20-39.jpg

eu3game2011-03-2307-24-26-06.jpg

Baroda is a keystone of state infrastructure. The Andhairavid Empire has become dependent on the riches brought in by Indian Ocean trade. Of course, with increased naval trade comes piracy. These sodomites of the sea are more numerous than ever. They are wreaking havoc on Andhairavid coffers. The Shah feels this is such an issue, that he has founded the first Andhairavid naval institution. The Royal Andhairavid Coastal Guard will organise the defense of the Shah’s coastlines and merchants. Along with this new organisation, a string of coastal fortifications are erected from the Indus to Baroda. The expense is enormous, but Andhaira is confident that the project will pay for itself in the long term.

eu3game2011-03-2307-23-14-61.jpg

At the urging of his court philosopher, the Shah lifts all restrictions on the importing of foreign books. This is just a part of many similar policies adopted at the advice of the philosopher, Andhaira Basham. Basham, now a trusted adviser to his patron, has put a very strange idea into the Shah’s head. The Shah now firmly believes in the notion that tolerance of religion must be expanded to tolerance of all ideology, if the Andhairavid state is to grow ever more mighty and prosperous. A nonsensical philosophy to be sure. Regardless, Andhaira V has become intent on relaxing the entrenched, conservative values of his general public.

eu3game2011-03-2307-25-51-92.jpg

And he is hardly unsuccessful, but this has been an ultimately inevitable process for some time now. Trade with foreigners, particularly Europeans has brought with it marvelous technologies and ideas. Contact with the greater Muslim world has given Andhairavid scholars access to the translated works from all across the Old World. The development of Sikhism has even added a completely new dynamic to Andhairavid culture and philosophy. State relaxation on foreign religion and ideology, and the development of social mobility has created an environment in which all things new can grow and flourish. Of course, this has its downsides. Most immediately, the conservative elements of society are infuriated by their Shah’s apparent lack of concern. In the long run, free, open thinkers will always be antagonistic to an Absolutism of any sort.

Drakron

Arcane
Huh, wouldn’t figure Tibetan Buddhists for oppressive imperialists.

I would say it mirrors history rather well ...

The first Europeans to arrive in Tibet were the Portuguese missionaries António de Andrade and Manuel Marques in 1624. They were welcomed by the King and Queen of Guge, and were allowed to build a church and to introduce Christian belief. The king of Guge eagerly accepted Christianity as an offsetting religious influence to dilute the thriving Gelugpa and to counterbalance his potential rivals and consolidate his position. All missionaries were expelled in 1745.

I say you should make then pay.

Prosperity, obviously.

What is Codexia's stance on a future nationalist conquest of Persia, after the conquest of India? Also, who would you guys like me to attack first? Rajputs, Bihar and Gondwana are the potential targets at the moment.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom