Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's Save Humanity in openxcom

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
On 23rd Jan. 1999, a new type of alien activity occurred. A terror attack on Hiroshima in Japan.
Skyranger-1 loaded with 12 X-Com operatives and two HWPs was despatched for an anti-terror operation.
The plane has started during the dawn but was overtaken by night and landed in darkness. The X-Com squad was unprepared for night fighting and didn't have flares.
tPUeJJC.png

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
It turned out that aliens are able to see in darkness as if during the day. First casualty was a soldier shot with plasma weapon. X-Com operatives made heavy use of smoke grenades to deny the aliens their night vision advantage.
N3gt5jl.png

Second casualty was caused by the squad's AT soldier underestimating the blast radius of thermobaric missile.
VZBdztQ.png

Most enemy fire was happening in the northern part of the combat area. Smoke grenades were thrown to allow to safely advance there.
A team of fife soldiers was moving there to eliminate the aliens.
0oiGw0G.png

The east was infested with large alien creatures. They were killed with tank/grenade launcher fire.
ifN32D0.png

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Third X-Com soldier was killed when trying to find the enemy behind the smoke screen.
v7P9Ujt.png

X-Com operatives advanced killing aliens with grenades and rifles.
2sj9SlN.png

Fourth X-Com operative was killed with a shoot from the dark.
zh6UPYX.png

Fifth operative killed... and avenged by grenadier.
Askatvh.png

Soon, the worst part of the mission seemed to be over.
7PtswM2.png

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Then, a shot from the darkness killed sixth X-Com operative when he was moving north east to aid in search for remaining alien forces.
There were still aliens in already checked part of the combat area.

A single shot thermobaric rocket was fired into darkness, killing one alien.
Kz60Mvj.png

After a search in the darkness the last alien was killed with a grenade:
BMZvaZ5.png

The anti-terrorist operation was finally over.
RTbTb5P.png

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
9XfVXur.png

The aliens took heavier losses than X-Com despite having the advantage of night vision. They succeeded in murdering many civilians, though.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Why not make use of spoiler tags to hide the updates if image bloat is a concern? :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom