Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's weave the Loom! [Revived by kazgar]

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
'It was long after the passing of the second shadow, when dragons ruled the twilight sky, and the stars were bright and numerous...'

LOOM_Cover_Art.jpg

I was dissapointed to see that amongst the LP's produced by the Codex there wasn't one about this great adventure, back from the days of Lucasart's Golden Age. I decided to save the Codex from the Wrath of the Gods turning back such heresy by making it's LP myself. I'll be doing it at the same time as the Alien Assault LP because that one is harder to do and I want to make something easier meanwhile.

2013 EDIT: Resurrected by kazgar

Chapters:
Patterns:
  • Open [ECED] This fundamental draft is traditionally the first one taught to novice spellweavers. Once mastered, it may be spun into tarpaulins, theatre curtains, or any covering that must be whisked aside on command.
  • Dyeing [CCCD] This draft was prefected by the dye chemists of the Woonsocket Chapter, who slaved for hours over steaming pots to satisfy the Clerics' appetite for colorful vestures. Originally woven into all types of fabric, the applicability of the Dyeing craft has diminished over the course of centuries. Now it works only on wool.
  • Emptying [GEED] The contents of almost any filled container may be instantly unravelled with this handy draft. Before its development c. 4200, the streams of Woonsocket ran green with the discarded dyes of the chemists. Avoid the temptation to spin Emptying upon lakes or clouds; its range is deliberately limited to prevent catastrophes such as the Double Deluge of 4202 (for which the Guild admits no responsibility).
  • Night Vision [CDDC] The threads of this distinctive and beautiful draft are extrapolated from the song of nocturnal birds. At one time, Night Vision was prized by the Guild of Miners, whose legendary underground realm was chiefly illuminated by luminous tapestries bearing our Seal. Tragically demand fell off after the Great Earthquake of 7331.
  • Straw Into Gold [CCCE] When times are lean, the Elders may invoke this draft to generate extra revenue. Its use is strictly regulated by the Treasurer of the Guild to prevent inflaction. Other guilds ingnorant of the ways of spell-weaving, have concocted a variety of outlandish fairy tales involving this rather elementary weave.
  • Twisting [FDDE] The origins of this ancient draft are lost in history. The earliest references to it are woven into the foremost hem of the Long Tapestry, besides threads depicting the manipulation of flax by yarn by hand. Tradition has it that the four notes were derived from the rhythmic squeak of First Elder Swellflax's own spindle.
  • Invisibility [GCCD] When spun upon a person or group, Invisibility frays the focus of their vision, rendering the spellweaver quite difficult to see. The provenance of this draft is uncertain. It seems to have been acquired (under questionable circumstances) from the Guild of Shepherds, whose genius in this art of stealth is probably unrivalled.
  • Sharpening [DFAF] Scissors, pins and knitting needles are the usual benefactors of this simple draft. In ancient times, however, warriors often submitted their blades to our Guildmembers for treatment. A formal protest by the Blacksmiths resulted in the Whetstone Bridge Treaty of 7550, which specifically prohibits the use of the Sharpening draft on weapons of war.
  • Terror [EFFE] This draft reweaves the spellweaver's appearance into a form drawn from the deepest anxieties of the being the threads are spun upon. In effect, it turns you into the the thing the recipient fears most. Terror works only oon sentient beings, but its potency more than makes up for this limitation. It is approved for limited therapeutic use by the Guild of Psychotherapists.
  • Sleep [AFED] It would be difficult to find a pillow, baby bonnet or sleeping bag that has not been imbued with the soothing properties of this popular draft. The Guild of Nannies requires its use in all household fabrics, and the Anesthesiologists have approved an industrial-strength version as an alternative to chloroform.
  • Healing [AGGA] In Volume 19 of her Brief History of the Guild of Weavers (Guild Press, 5620), Third Elder Lazykate documents the way bandages were treated with Healing as early as 1716. The four threads have evolved far beyond their original form. They can now be spun into virtually anything which needs rejuvenation, with the notable exception of the spellweaver's own body.
  • Reflection [ADDA] This draft was commissioned by the Guild of Dancers to expedite costume changes for their 500th anniversary performance of the classic ballet Olema. When properly invoked, the spellweaver immediately assumes the appearance of the being the draft is spun upon, and vice versa. The four threads are based on the mating grunt of the slit-throated chameleon.
Extras:

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Prologue

"It was long after the passing of the second shadow when dragons ruled the twilight sky and the stars were bright and numerous, that humankind began to thirst again for dominion over nature. Their weapon was industry and they wielded it with confidence. One by one the mysteries of light and darkness fell before the engines of progress as whole nations came to believe that nothing lay beyond the power of their own arrogance.

Competition was fierce in those productive days and skilled labour became a valuable commodity and so the trades people of the land banded themselves together to promote their common interests and to protect their secrets. These professional societies swelled in power as their membership grew a few such as the blacksmiths and the clerics acquired vast territories with private armies to defend them. Thus began the age of the great guilds vast city states devoted to the absolute control of knowledge held together by stern traditions of pride and of fear. Within the span of a few life times the commerce of the world was in their hands, but not all of the guilds were equally ambitious.

The spinners of thread and weavers of fabric wished only to pursue their labour without interference they did not involve themselves in the politics of the day and left the administration of taxes and wars to others. So the guild of weavers never attained the prominence of the shepherds or the glassmakers their number was small for their strict rules forbade membership to any but the child of a member. Marriage outside the guild was discouraged and eventually outlawed. Outsiders regarded the weavers in grown society with distaste, yet their customs were not without benefit. The natural talents of their membership was nurtured and purified generation after generation until the greatest among them wove fabrics of such extraordinary beauty, that the whole world wondered at their achievements. Goods bearing the seal of the guild commanded a premium price and the weavers amassed considerable wealth in this period, which they quietly hoarded.

Like the other guilds the weavers had evolved a philosophy of living based on the tools and technology of their handiwork. They beheld in their great frames of wood and metal a symbol of universal truth and found ways to work subtle patterns of influence into the fabrics they wove. The cloth of the guild soon became known for virtues other than mere beauty. Certain weaves seemed to posses remarkable powers of healing, others held a charm against ill fortune. In the fullness of time the art of the weavers transcended the limits the of physical cloth. They abandoned the flax and dyes of their ancestors to wield the very stuff of light and music and spun new patterns directly in the fabric of reality. The ignorant looked upon these works with fear and called them witchcraft. Many of the guild were persecuted a few were hanged.

To protect their heritage the weavers extended a small fraction of their wealth to purchase a rocky island off the mainland coast. They packed up their spindles and scanes and shuttles and retreated from the company of men to refine their arts in solitude. Many wars and plagues followed. Mighty guilds fell into ruin, others rose to superiority. The exhausted world all but forgot the humble guild of weavers and few found reason to visit their home. An island of mystery, shrouded in perpetual mist, shunned by sailors, which ancient maps called: Loom
."

Scene I Act I - In the presence of the Loom

HETCHEL
*hums to herself while sweeping the floor of the ante chamber of the elders. The door opens and Lady Cygna enters*

CYGNA
Hetchel

HETCHEL
Lady Cygna, bless you child. Out of bed so soon. What brings you?

CYGNA
I wish an audience with the elders

HETCHEL
Look at you pale as lace and your hands trembling. Sit down. What an idea of coming this way alone. You would not be up and about if I was still midwifeing you could be sure of that. Now what is this you say? An audience?

CYGNA
I must speak to them, the elders, at once

HETCHEL
The elders? um oh I see concerning?

CYGNA
A matter of importance. Please Hetchel.

HETCHEL
An audience um um oh my um wait here old Hetchel will get you in.

HETCHEL
*mumbles to herself* oh dear oh dear um the elders

ELDER ATROPOS (male)
I do not remember summoning you Hetchel

HETCHEL
Oh um forgive me elder atropos. Lady Cygna is in the ante chamber. She desires an audience.

ELDER LACHESIS (female)
Now? so late in the afternoon?

HETCHEL
Um the girl is not yet recovered your reverency. Yet, she comes alone.

CYGNA
I will speak

HETCHEL
Cygna!

CYGNA
Elders hear me! I cannot remain silent

ELDER LACHESIS (female)
That much is obvious

ELDER ATROPOS (male)
Lady Cygna we are grieved to hear of your loss

CYGNA
Do not grieve on my account elder. Save your sympathy for the rest of the guild.

ELDER ATROPOS (male)
I am not aware that our guild is in need of sympathy

CYGNA
How many more babies must die before the guild will earn your condolences?

ELDER LACHESIS (female)
That is no way to address an elder young woman

CYGNA
Is it not! Then give me the words elder Lachesis. Tell me how express my anger.

ELDER CLETHO (female)
Anger does not become you. Calm yourself child. Tell us what it is that troubles you so.

CYGNA
Our seed is barren elder Cletho. We have lived under the rules of membership too long. Most of our children are born dead, many that survive are monsters beyond hope. Our numbers are failing. Less than a score of us remain and all in the name of rules written in ignorance obsolete a thousands years

ELDER LACHESIS (female)
The same rules that distilled our not inconsiderable talent

CYGNA
What purpose will our talent serve when there is no one left to practice it?

ELDER ATROPOS (male)
The same purpose it serves now Cygna. The fulfillment of the pattern. That is our only purpose

CYGNA
You speak of the pattern as if it were our master, but the long tapestry speak of a time when we were the masters, please elders there is power in the loom.

ELDER CLETHO (female)
So it is power you seek. What would you have us do with this power?

CYGNA
Use it! I beg you elder Cletho. Use the loom to end our suffering and bring life and health to our children. The changes in the pattern would be trivial. Anyone of us could work the thread. All we lack is courage.

ELDER CLETHO (female)
Do you make this request on behalf of the guild or on your own behalf?

CYGNA
I... Both

ELDER ATROPOS (male)
Cygna. It is true the great loom holds the power you seek. It is also true that our ancestors wielded its power freely. It may be that they understood the pattern better than we or perhaps the threads were easier to grasp in those simpler times. It does not matter. We dare not tamper with the pattern now. It subtleties have passed beyond our understanding. It is all we can do to observe our destiny in its fulfillment

ELDER LACHESIS (female)
You ask for a miracle Cygna, but we are not Gods. We are interpreters

CYGNA
Interpreters! You are nothing but caretakers. How can you squander the heritage your ancestors gave their lives to preserve. Your pious handringing mocks their devotion. Who are the weavers now and who are the woven!

ELDER ATROPOS (male)
Enough! I have tolerated your hysteria out of sympathy for your bereavement, but I cannot allow you to utter blasphemy in the presence of the Loom itself. You will return to your tent and forget that this conversation ever occurred! If I hear of it again outside this chamber you will suffer the penalty prescribed to all who defy the will of the elders. Must I specify that penalty?

CYGNA
No elder Atropos...

ELDER ATROPOS (male)
Then go and do not judge us, Cygna. Only the pattern may judge.

Scene I Act II - In the presence of the Loom

*Rain and thunder is heard. The door to the room where the Loom is kept opens and Lady Cygna enters the now empty room*

CYGNA
Deserted. No one will hear me. No one will know. Oh the Loom. Power. The elders are afraid to use it. I am not afraid. Oh the colours of the pattern. Dancing. The shadow of rainbows! Oh... one grey thread... grey goes with every colour. Invisible. No one will notice one grey thread. To work. Here is the trick. Tied to the end of the shuttle. Let the harness do the work. Throw, beat, tread, rest. Throw, beat, tread, rest. Back, forth, cross the web. You taught me well poor Hetchel. Rest, throw, beat. Rest, in and under. Throw, back, throw, beat, tread, rest, throw, beat, tread, rest, throw, beat.

*Elder Cletho, Lachesis and Atropos suddenly enter the room together with Hetchel*

ELDER ATROPOS (male)
Lady Cygna!

*Barely has Elder Atropos uttered his words before the crying of a baby child is heard*

ELDER CLETHO (female)
Too late! Poor child.

ELDER ATROPOS (male)
You understand the gravity of what your have done!

CYGNA
Only the pattern may judge elder Atropos

ELDER LACHESIS (female)
We cannot allow this outrage to go unpunished!

CYGNA
Do what you must. This baby is alive. I am content

ELDER CLETHO (female)
Surrender the child to dame Hetchel

CYGNA
Care for him the way you did for me, old friend

HETCHEL
*answers through tears* It is the only way I know. *receives the child* There there...

CYGNA
I am ready

ELDER ATROPOS (male)
Lady Cygna you are guilty of treason against the guild. You have breached the sanctity of the loom and compromised the fulfillment of the pattern to indulge your own selfish desires in direct defiance of the elders! You are henceforth and forever outcast from the guild of weavers. You shall neither behold this child nor set foot upon this island again. From now and till the end of your days you shall wander the skies in perpetual solitude. Your mournful cry shall be a lesson to all who would defy their destiny.

*The spell is cast and Lady Cygna transformed into a swan*

HETCHEL
A swan... Still beautiful *cries*

*The swan crashes through a window and flies away*

Interlogue

"Few in the weavers' village saw the great swan disappear across the sea that night. But it did not take long for them to hear of Lady Cygna's defiance in the sanctuary and the elders' terrible vengeance. All were curious to behold the new infant, a child born not of woman, but out of the loom itself and whose creation was unforeseen. It was decreed that the child be raised outside the ways of the guild until his coming of age seventeen years hence when his future would be decided by a high council. The old serving woman agreed to raise the loom child as her own. She named the little boy: Bobbin."

Scene II Act I - In the house of Dame Hetchel

HETCHEL
Bobbin, Bobbin. Wake up child

BOBBIN
Hetchel?

HETCHEL
That is right dear. Out of bed

BOBBIN
Still dark

HETCHEL
I know little one. Now quickly get dressed

BOBBIN
Why... Sleepy...

HETCHEL
There is something outside I want you to see. Quickly now before the sun raises

Scene III Act I - On the cliff

BOBBIN
It is cold up here

HETCHEL
I told you to bring your quilt didn't I? Here, my shawl is warm

BOBBIN
I don't see anything

HETCHEL
Be patient. She will come. She has come every year ever since you were born

BOBBIN
What does she look like?

HETCHEL
She looks like... wait there. Between the trees. No, no only an owl

BOBBIN
The village look small from up here. Which star is that?

HETCHEL
The bright one? That is the morning star. You can even see it in the daytime if then sun is right. Oh look! Down there flying low across the water. Do you see

BOBBIN
It is just a seagull

HETCHEL
Look again

BOBBIN
ooooh

HETCHEL
A swan Bobbin. A white swan. Happy birthday poor boy

BOBBIN
Here she comes. Look! She is flying over. She is beautiful

HETCHEL
Yes. Still beautiful

BOBBIN
Why does she sound so sad?

HETCHEL
Because she is alone. Proud and alone

BOBBIN
She is flying away. Where is she going Hetchel?

HETCHEL
Out beyond the pattern I expect

BOBBIN
Can't we go visit?

HETCHEL
Stand away from the edge! No little Bobbin. Those who are born of the pattern are hemmed into its web forever. Where that swan goes we cannot follow

BOBBIN
The sun is in my eyes

HETCHEL
Your are yawning. Back to home and bed for you

Interlogue II

"The years were kind to Bobbin Threadbare. The boy grew tall and slender with wide blue eyes, that sparkled with mystery and intelligence, yet Bobbin never went to school. The elders of the guild would not permit it. The other children was told he was a half-wit and they taunted him with terrible cruelty throwing stones if he came too near and so the friendless boy spent his days in solitude combing the beaches for sticks of firewood and exploring the hills and forests of the weavers little island until no one knew them better than he. Old Hetchel cared for Bobbin like her own son she saw his growing bitterness and begged the elders to end this cruel exile, but the elders were afraid of Bobbin and not without reason. His unexpected birth had thrown the pattern into chaos.

Year after year they watched with growing apprehension. A shadow of apocalypse spread across the web in the loom. Bobbin's thread was weaving it's way towards a destiny of overwhelming consequence. The pattern was disintegrating. No one knew how to stop it. The elders never told Bobbin who he was or how he came to be. They prayed that Bobbin would be unable to fulfill his destiny so long as he never left the island and never learnt the ways of spell weaving. They did not suspect, that Bobbin's education had already begun
."

Scene IV Act I - Back in the house of Dame Hetchel

BOBBIN
Not tonight mother Hetchel!

HETCHEL
Especially tonight. Draw the curtains boy, sit here by the fire. Now tell me how many threads are there in a draft?

BOBBIN
Four...

HETCHEL
Their names?

BOBBIN
The throw

HETCHEL
That is one

BOBBIN
The beat

HETCHEL
Two

BOBBIN
The treadle and the rest

HETCHEL
Good. See if you remember the draft I taught you. Spin it for me

BOBBIN
*sings the four notes*

HETCHEL
Listen to me *Hetchel hums the four notes* Now you know what the other boys do in school all day

BOBBIN
I guess I will never learn to weave

HETCHEL
Rubbish! Do you suppose that every weaver starts out with a golden throat? It takes years of practice, years. How long do you suppose the elders have been weaving? Nearly as long as I have and that is a very long time indeed

BOBBIN
But where do I begin?

HETCHEL
You will begin with this *Hetchel takes out a distaff, which gives off a faint sort of metallic humming sound* do you know what it is?

BOBBIN
No

HETCHEL
This is called a distaff. Our ancestors used it to start to spin flax into thread. We use it to spin music and light into threads of influence

BOBBIN
Show me!

HETCHEL
Hold the distaff in your hands like this. Don't be afraid. Now spin that draft I taught again. Just the first thread

BOBBIN
*Bobbin tries to hum the first note*

HETCHEL
Flat. Spin it again dear. This time slide the thread high in your throat like this *Hetchel hums the first note of the draft starting low and ending high* Can you do that?

BOBBIN
I think so. *Bobbin repeats the note the way Hetchel did showed him and suddenly the distaff responds by humming the same note while glowing* Oh! it is glowing!

HETCHEL
It is telling you when your pitch is correct Try the beat and treadle threads

BOBBIN
*Bobbin obeys*

HETCHEL
You learn quickly

BOBBIN
What happens if I spin all four?

HETCHEL
Let us find out shall we? Let me shut this first. *shuts her knitting basket* Alright listen carefully. I want you to spin those four threads again. Wait for the distaff to glow before you go on to the next. As you spin the last thread point the distaff at the ball of yarn inside my knitting basket

BOBBIN
But you just closed it

HETCHEL
Indeed. Those four threads form a pattern of opening. You are going to lift up the top of that basket without even touching it. Whenever you are ready

BOBBIN
Does it hurt?

HETCHEL
Tingles a bit. Remember concentrate on the ball of yarn inside the basket. Spin

BOBBIN
*Bobbin begins to sing the notes*

HETCHEL
Concentrate

BOBBIN
*Continues*

HETCHEL
Now

BOBBIN
*Bobbin continues*

HETCHEL
Point! Not at the window!

*The window is shattered*

BOBBIN
WOW!

HETCHEL
Schsssss! Blow out that light! *A dog begins to bark somewhere in the night* Sit still for minute! Good... I don't think anybody heard us

BOBBIN
What other drafts do you know?

HETCHEL
Give me that! *takes the distaff from Bobbins' hands* You have done enough weaving for one night! Off to bed with you. You have a big day ahead and we both have to get up very early

BOBBIN
Let me go alone this year mother Hetchel

HETCHEL
Alone? Well I suppose you are old enough. Go alone Bobbin. I don't mind staying in bed late this time

"It was still dark when Bobbin awoke quietly so as not to disturb old Hetchel he slipped into his warm gray rope and stepped outside into the chill before dawn. The climb up the cliff path was steep and dangerous in the darkness. Only the waves crashing against the rocks below broke the stillness. Bright stars twinkled overhead. It was still half an hour before sunrise, when Bobbin reached the top of the cliff. He sat down beneath a crooked old tree and leaned back to wait for the seventeenth visit of the great swan. In less than a minute he was fast asleep."

juggernaut

Educated
Oh man, I loved this game. The CD version has excellent voice acting.
Hope you do a good job dude, looking forward to this LP!

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Well the game hasn't even started yet, that's just a transcription of the Prologue that came in an audio tape with the original game. If you're too lazy to read, just follow the link of the Audio Drama.

juggernaut said:
Oh man, I loved this game. The CD version has excellent voice acting.
Hope you do a good job dude, looking forward to this LP!

But it also cut down some conversations to make it fit in a single Audio CD. I will be using the FM-Towns version for this LP, it has the best of both worlds. (Except voice acting but you wouldn't notice it anyway)

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Chapter 1: Transcendence

1.jpg

Here's the intro of the game, a few swans flying in the beautiful night in front of some giant Loom letters.

2.jpg

The red lights are from the Weaver's Guild village, and we can see a little blue light flying to the mountains.

3.jpg

The light stops in front of our character, Bobbin Threadbare, who is taking a nap.

4.jpg

nymph.png
It is the dawn of your seventeenth year.

nymph.png
I am sent by the Elders to summon you.

nymph.png
The High Council awaits your presence in the Sanctuary.

5.jpg

Bobbin.png
Never seen one so bright before.

Bobbin.png
One of the Elders must've woven it.

Bobbin.png
Better get down to the village.

6.jpg

And that's the Weaver's Guild village. Quite small.

7.jpg

Here's the Sanctuary. Don't be fooled by it, it's cathedral-sized.

8.jpg

And dark too. We proceed to the right, where the Elders await our arrival.

9.jpg

Bobbin.png
Wouldn't want to interrupt...

Athropos.png
You have heard the findings of the High Council, Dame Hetchel.

Athropos.png
What have you to say in your defense?

Hetchel.png
I have no defenses or excuses, Elder Atropos.

Hetchel.png
My actions speak for themselves.

10.jpg

Lachesis.png
This reckless defiance is intolerable.

Cletho.png
Why do you disobey us, Hetchel?

Cletho.png
You have always upheld the Rules of Membership to the letter.

Cletho.png
Tell us what is in your hearth.

Hetchel.png
The boy must be told the truth about his birth, Elder Clothos.

Hetchel.png
His talent awakens!

Hetchel.png
Soon he will wield the power of Weaving, whether we choose to guide him or not.

Hetchel.png
We dare not desert Bobbin now.

Lachesis.png
Stubborn old fool!

Lachesis.png
The secrets you reveal about Cygna's son may be turned against us.

Lachesis.png
That is why his training was forbidden by the Council!

11.jpg

Athropos.png
We need not explain our decisions.

Athropos.png
It grieves me to see your many years of faithful service end in this disgrace.

Athropos.png
But the wisdom of the Elders may not be questioned. That is the final Rule of Membership.

Athropos.png
Another one of your students, Lady Cygna, learned the terrible price of defiance in this very chamber seventeen years ago. Better that you had heeded that lesson.

Hetchel.png
My destiny is in your hands, Elders.

12.jpg

Athropos.png
Gaze once more upon the Great Loom if you would know your destiny.

Athropos.png
For behold! That destiny is upon you.

13.jpg

The Elder Atropos weaves a spell with his staff upon old Hetchel.

14.jpg

What the...?

15.jpg

Lachesis.png
That draft has never failed before.

Cletho.png
Hark! I heard a cry. Outside!

16.jpg

A swan crashes throught the window!

Cletho.png
The Guild is under attack!

17.jpg

A spell is reflected in the Loom and Cletho is transformed in a swan!

Lachesis.png
This is the work of the demon boy.

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

Soon all the village is transformed into swans and they fly throught a rift in the threads of existence.

21.jpg

Bobbin.png
Everyone's flown away!

Bobbin.png
No explanations. No goodbyes.

Bobbin.png
Why do they always leave me behind?

Anyway, remember when Elder Atropos got transformed into a swan? He dropped his staff, so it may be a good time to recover it.

22.jpg

We look at the egg and we can see a draft reflecting in the Loom. We cast the Open draft.

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

Bobbin.png
Mother Hetchel? Is that you?

Cygnet.png
You know perfectly well it's me. I saw you watching us.

Bobbin.png
What's been happening here, Hetchel? The whole village has flown away!

Cygnet.png
I'd hoped the swan might come to save you.

Cygnet.png
But I never expected her to weave as much mischief as this!

Bobbin.png
Save me? From what?

Cygnet.png
From the Elders. They were going to turn you into a swan, as they tried to do with me.

Cygnet.png
Looks as if a cygnet was the best they could manage with these old bones.

Bobbin.png
Why do the Elders want to get rid of me? I haven't broken any Rules.

Cygnet.png
They fear you, Bobbin.

Bobbin.png
But why should anyone be afraid of me?

Cygnet.png
Ever since you came into our world, the Elders have watched chaos spread across the Pattern in the Loom.

Cygnet.png
They believed, hoped, that your birth was the cause of this chaos, and that order might return if you were banished.

27.jpg

Cygnet.png
The Pattern is failing on its own accord. Soon it will come to an end... and with it, all that is hemmed into its threads.

Cygnet.png
A Third Shadow is nigh!

Bobbin.png
Is there any way to stop it?

Cygnet.png
Stop chaos? The Elders thought they could.

Cygnet.png
Now they know better. So should you.

Bobbin.png
If we can't stop the Chaos, what can we do?

Cygnet.png
We can embrace it. Or... escape!

Cygnet.png
The swan has rescued the rest of our Guild from the coming time of darkness. The way before us now is clear. We must find out where our flock has flown, and join them if we can!

Cygnet.png
You've already found the Elder's distaff. Good. Never let it out your grasp!

Cygnet.png
You won't be able to weave very much with it at first, I expect. But as you gain practice, more and more of its power will reveal itself to you.

Cygnet.png
As long as the distaff remains in your hands, I'll know you are safe. If you ever lose it, take hearth! I'll come to help you if I can.

Cygnet.png
Leave this island Loom-Child. It's too small for you now.

Cygnet.png
Your destiny lies beyond the sea!

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Using the vga version is fail.

Good choice though, for an adventure, as it is very short.

kazgar

Arcane
I was considering lp'ing this but saw this is here, is it abandoned? Or should I continue in my blind playthrough, bumbling through puzzles everyone else will think are obvious.

Paging @Berekän

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Using the vga version is fail.

Good choice though, for an adventure, as it is very short.
The FM Towns version is VGA graphics, but otherwise the same as the EGA version. It's the talkie cd version that has stuff cut out.

Edit:I just noticed this is an old thread, fuck. Loom was my absolute favorite game as a kid.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
I was considering lp'ing this but saw this is here, is it abandoned? Or should I continue in my blind playthrough, bumbling through puzzles everyone else will think are obvious.

Paging @Berekän

Yeah, go ahead, I abandoned this a long time ago. From time to time I consider resurrecting it but I'm severely lacking time lately and don't think I could keep with it without abandoning it another time.

Good luck with your LP! :salute:

EruDaan

Arcane
I once owned the not-VGA (EGA?) version fo this game as a teenager. I loved it, especially the music. Too bad the other two parts of it got canceled. :(

kazgar

Arcane
The great draft of necromancy is woven. I've played the section above and the section below previously, but I started again and went with the route followed above for these shots.
(I dicked around more in my game)

Thanks to Berekän for updating the first post for me.

Chapters:
Patterns:
  • Open [ECED] This fundamental draft is traditionally the first one taught to novice spellweavers. Once mastered, it may be spun into tarpaulins, theatre curtains, or any covering that must be whisked aside on command.
  • Dyeing [CCCD] This draft was prefected by the dye chemists of the Woonsocket Chapter, who slaved for hours over steaming pots to satisfy the Clerics' appetite for colorful vestures. Originally woven into all types of fabric, the applicability of the Dyeing craft has diminished over the course of centuries. Now it works only on wool.
  • Emptying [GEED] The contents of almost any filled container may be instantly unravelled with this handy draft. Before its development c. 4200, the streams of Woonsocket ran green with the discarded dyes of the chemists. Avoid the temptation to spin Emptying upon lakes or clouds; its range is deliberately limited to prevent catastrophes such as the Double Deluge of 4202 (for which the Guild admits no responsibility).
  • Night Vision [CDDC] The threads of this distinctive and beautiful draft are extrapolated from the song of nocturnal birds. At one time, Night Vision was prized by the Guild of Miners, whose legendary underground realm was chiefly illuminated by luminous tapestries bearing our Seal. Tragically demand fell off after the Great Earthquake of 7331.
  • Straw Into Gold [CCCE] When times are lean, the Elders may invoke this draft to generate extra revenue. Its use is strictly regulated by the Treasurer of the Guild to prevent inflaction. Other guilds ingnorant of the ways of spell-weaving, have concocted a variety of outlandish fairy tales involving this rather elementary weave.
  • Twisting [FDDE] The origins of this ancient draft are lost in history. The earliest references to it are woven into the foremost hem of the Long Tapestry, besides threads depicting the manipulation of flax by yarn by hand. Tradition has it that the four notes were derived from the rhythmic squeak of First Elder Swellflax's own spindle.
  • Invisibility [GCCD] When spun upon a person or group, Invisibility frays the focus of their vision, rendering the spellweaver quite difficult to see. The provenance of this draft is uncertain. It seems to have been acquired (under questionable circumstances) from the Guild of Shepherds, whose genius in this art of stealth is probably unrivalled.
  • Sharpening [DFAF] Scissors, pins and knitting needles are the usual benefactors of this simple draft. In ancient times, however, warriors often submitted their blades to our Guildmembers for treatment. A formal protest by the Blacksmiths resulted in the Whetstone Bridge Treaty of 7550, which specifically prohibits the use of the Sharpening draft on weapons of war.
  • Terror [EFFE] This draft reweaves the spellweaver's appearance into a form drawn from the deepest anxieties of the being the threads are spun upon. In effect, it turns you into the the thing the recipient fears most. Terror works only oon sentient beings, but its potency more than makes up for this limitation. It is approved for limited therapeutic use by the Guild of Psychotherapists.
  • Sleep [AFED] It would be difficult to find a pillow, baby bonnet or sleeping bag that has not been imbued with the soothing properties of this popular draft. The Guild of Nannies requires its use in all household fabrics, and the Anesthesiologists have approved an industrial-strength version as an alternative to chloroform.
  • Healing [AGGA] In Volume 19 of her Brief History of the Guild of Weavers (Guild Press, 5620), Third Elder Lazykate documents the way bandages were treated with Healing as early as 1716. The four threads have evolved far beyond their original form. They can now be spun into virtually anything which needs rejuvenation, with the notable exception of the spellweaver's own body.
  • Reflection [ADDA] This draft was commissioned by the Guild of Dancers to expedite costume changes for their 500th anniversary performance of the classic ballet Olema. When properly invoked, the spellweaver immediately assumes the appearance of the being the draft is spun upon, and vice versa. The four threads are based on the mating grunt of the slit-throated chameleon.

kazgar

Arcane
Chapter 2: Escape

So, we're last on the island, and the games afoot Now what?

We've got to save ourself and get off the island. As its a adventure game, the way to do that is look around.

First, the loom

JokKa.png

GLFKT.png

RdGeS.png

That's pretty neat.

Now, we're heading back out, but we'll take a look at the tapestries that we saw on the way in.

i5KS1.png

UdC4T.png

PMPW4.png

ezVkD.png

PvDMQ.png

c4kD0.png

Not sure what to make of that right now, so outside the cathedral we go, and into the next building. Currently not much in here.

FI0bR.png

gxKdT.png

D1c6T.png

Looks like that's it for now, lets try the last open hut on the right

i1vvZ.png

Checking out various things around the place

kZAm2.png

x4F2T.png

Really doesn't like green.

bTFeq.png

fSQSz.png

dQbBg.png

That last one's given us a new draft, and it says dye pot, lets try it on the pile

TcRJt.png

hwupo.png

u91aE.png

DYEING: [CCCD] This draft was prefected by the dye chemists of the Woonsocket Chapter, who slaved for hours over steaming pots to satisfy the Clerics' appetite for colorful vestures. Originally woven into all types of fabric, the applicability of the Dyeing craft has diminished over the course of centuries. Now it works only on wool.

Excellent, a colour we hate. Lets move on, that book looks interesting

dyVpJ.png

We take the book, and move on to the pot of liquid next to it

692ta.png

V3zML.png

EMPTYING: [GEED] The contents of almost any filled container may be instantly unravelled with this handy draft. Before its development c. 4200, the streams of Woonsocket ran green with the discarded dyes of the chemists. Avoid the temptation to spin Emptying upon lakes or clouds; its range is deliberately limited to prevent catastrophes such as the Double Deluge of 4202 (for which the Guild admits no responsibility).

However, as we don't have note G yet, we don't have the ability to use it. We're done here, lets head out of the camp.

6483k.png

And to the Pier.

The birds like opening things, they'll remind/teach you the opening draft. The only other item of note is that clam.

3haUQ.png

We know what to do here!

TQdDq.png

NJ2Fb.png

kl9co.png

Nothing else of note, lets try that final path.

uKLVF.png

Which leads us to these trees.

lR7td.png

We can look in the holes here, 3 of them have owls, but the last is empty, looking in each one give us 3 notes of a draft, we need 4.

WGnxz.png

mmWlf.png

gkP04.png

Heading left, we find the last owl on a gravestone.

K3y1d.png

Doesn't want to move, and none of the 3 drafts we know will work on him, but there's blinking in that thar briar patch, lets go have a look.

c1lkQ.png

rLETF.png

elPYp.png

StW5c.png

1Dz4F.png

Bobbin.png
Poor little fella

Now he's left, we can look at the gravestone.

bFcgH.png

GV1uI.png

And a hint

A0uPL.png

Heading back, there's some blinking in the last hole, we have a look.

P5Bf1.png

Looks like we have a new draft

NIGHT VISION: [CDDC] The threads of this distinctive and beautiful draft are extrapolated from the song of nocturnal birds. At one time, Night Vision was prized by the Guild of Miners, whose legendary underground realm was chiefly illuminated by luminous tapestries bearing our Seal. Tragically demand fell off after the Great Earthquake of 7331

There was somewhere dark back at camp, lets head there now, and try it.

dAMxd.png

JGk9s.png

PwuBC.png

Presto Chango! We can see. That's a lot of gold, shame its of no use to us.

Next to It is some Straw:

NexDX.png

And a spinning wheel:

2feEq.png

So squeaky, in fact, it gives us a new draft. Not sure what it does, we try it on the wheel, and get a fail (yellow sparkles means things didn't work)

eozLL.png

Straw and a wheel and gold? Lets try it this way:

xnwDR.png

STRAW INTO GOLD: [CCCE] When times are lean, the Elders may invoke this draft to generate extra revenue. Its use is strictly regulated by the Treasurer of the Guild to prevent inflaction. Other guilds ingnorant of the ways of spell-weaving, have concocted a variety of outlandish fairy tales involving this rather elementary weave.

Success! More gold we can't use.

And after doing that we err, "level up" (See, its a rpg, it's got stats!) We get access to note F on the distaff

JEdpB.png

We've exhausted our options down here. The generous hint talked about the sky. You can see the sky the best from our starting point at the top of the mountain, so up we go!

zeZoi.png

e3t3w.png

Isn't it pretty?

The gravestone said about opening the sky. It doesn't make much sense, but its a adventure game, and its magic, so lets play the opening draft on the sky.

tNE4X.png

Hey, its working!

sx57m.png

dUUcD.png

dqhq8.png

A lighting bolt hits the tree, which falls into the water.

ZREFM.png

ys6w6.png

zudCW.png

It then starts floating past the camp

iMVkU.png

2NtxI.png

XKHEw.png

zdQbB.png

And ends up at rest at the pier, convenient. Meanwhile

ADNLH.png

uWnnp.png

Guess that looks like our ride, lets head that way.

Z1lrC.png

RR7tk.png

MRCa5.png

hLjYn.png

gRLkO.png

6yqe3.png

And off we go!

TyXzo.png

y7hDh.png

YvNRq.png

eDekj.png

F7C0n.png

S0V4d.png

The gull's following Bobbin is a great shot, all the animation is great.

I'm going to stop there for now. I've only played a little further, from here on in I'll be pretty much doing it blind.

kazgar

Arcane
Episode 3: In search of Clarity

Our journey across the sea leads us and our escort here.

YN9c3.png

GWAIt.png

This is the problem with 2d adventuring, if we had a Z axis we could go around the waterspout, but not to be. Lets look and see what we can do. First lets click on the spout.

KswYD.png

The wind itself is making a noise, look like we've got a new draft, with the unsubtle hint, pretty sure its this one.

Twisting [FDDE] The origins of this ancient draft are lost in history. The earliest references to it are woven into the foremost hem of the Long Tapestry, besides threads depicting the manipulation of flax by yarn by hand. Tradition has it that the four notes were derived from the rhythmic squeak of First Elder Swellflax's own spindle.

That's good and all, but doesn't help us get past. Lets try opening the waterspout, might get us in.

ApRd6.png

XvBgl.png

No go there, but I think that's another clue, lets try playing the Twisting draft backwards [EDDF]

hIogs.png

OuMaI.png

Lmtni.png

That worked!

Onwards to shore. We level up and get the G note. There's nothing to do here except walk to that other building in the distance.

vRVNZ.png

URpGn.png

1vTRG.png

QQadp.png

Wow, that was slightly unexpected, looks like the emerald city? Background music's changed here as well.

jK1H0.png

We walk into this dome, and everything's green and clear, we pathfind our way through, and look, another human! He heads towards us

dg6i7.png

Svvlz.png

YGOwr.png
Greetings Stranger
YGOwr.png
Welcome to Crystalgard
YGOwr.png
I am Master Goodmold, thirty-first in the Noble Guild of Glassmakers
YGOwr.png
Who Have I the honor of meeting?
Bobbin.png
My Names Bobbin. Bobbin Threadbare, of the, er, Noble Guild of Weavers.
YGOwr.png
Guild of Weavers?
YGOwr.png
I don't remember having a Weaver visit us before.
YGOwr.png
I see now why your fabrics are so prized.
YGOwr.png
The cloak you wear is unlike anything I have ever beheld
YGOwr.png
Remarkable Workmanship
YGOwr.png
Crystalgard's wisdom includes many legends concerning your Guild.
YGOwr.png
One is particularly strange and amusing.
YGOwr.png
They say it is death to peer beneath the hood of a Weaver.
YGOwr.png
Can this be true?
Bobbin.png
Don't know. Nobody ever tried it on me.
YGOwr.png
Ha! An Unclear reply if I ever heard one.
YGOwr.png
We value clarity here above all else.
YGOwr.png
But fear not! Your legend is safe with us.
Bobbin.png
Imagine me relief.
Bobbin.png
By the way Did you happen to notice a flock of swans passing this way?
YGOwr.png
Swans?
YGOwr.png
I've heard nothing of swan sightings
YGOwr.png
The city's been so busy of late, I doubt if anyone's had time for bird-watching
YGOwr.png
However, our guild catalog offers a fine selection of binoculars, telescopes and other precision optics that may help you in your search for swans.
Bobbin.png
Thanks. I'll browse through it later.
YGOwr.png
I'm sure you'll be delighted
YGOwr.png
Look around as much as you want, Weaver Threadbare.
Rp63G.png

So, another guild and with a whole city. He's offered us to walk around, and I don't really have a plan, so will just do that. I head into the tower itself, and see a bell on the wall, maybe it'll sing me a tune?

RqvhX.png

On my way there however, i'm stopped, I turn around and head under the bridge.

Bobbin.png
Wait a Minute!

ZVrNE.png

n3WC9.png

vhABX.png
I trust your Excellency is pleased with our progress?
XFrLC.png
That depends.
XFrLC.png
How far ahead will I be able to see?
vhABX.png
At least four hours. With luck, maybe six.
XFrLC.png
Six hours? I thought we agreed to eight.
vhABX.png
Each of the Spheres is unique, Bishop Mandible.
vhABX.png
It is impossible to predict how deeply this particular Sphere will look.
XFrLC.png
I need to see at least eight hours ahead.
XFrLC.png
EIGHT hours. See to it, Master Crucible.
vhABX.png
The customer is always right.
87Blc.png

Bobbin.png
"See ahead?"

Hmm, something murky going on there, I'm sure that Bishop is up to no good! But anyhow, scrying into the future sounds cool.

We head back to the bell and give it a ring.

Jg2XR.png

BBEbN.png

twNK9.png

iIXau.png

PGkul.png

mq2I0.png

Qv3gI.png

IdbH0.png

RpWp5.png

ov2Uf.png

UBFjJ.png

rezoD.png

aCtD0.png

0oJ24.png

8TJmO.png

That also looked like a scythe, and not glass, guess we won't get in there for now.

6xp0m.png

Lets keep wandering, through this room with a goblet on a plinth?

Muu0w.png

Oh, we're back outside. Lets go around again back to the first room.

G55ZD.png

This time I notice a object I missed earlier, a grave.

ZM58x.png

mSnY3.png

Interesting, though doesn't add much. I wander through again looking for another clue. I end up back in the goblet room and notice a path I missed, I take it

cQyxm.png

It leads to another teleporter, which I trigger.

LGSDZ.png

1AduR.png

And I'm back to the front of screen (3 dimensions, what will they think of next?) I head to the goblet to have a look.

9HMA4.png

j2wj2.png

YGOwr.png
This chalice was carved from a single crystal of diamond.
Bobbin.png
Impressive
Bobbin.png
But I thought you were Glassmakers.
YGOwr.png
Indeed. Behold the Chromax Conundrum!
YGOwr.png
It was wroughtby the hand of our founding member, Luscent Bottleblow, whose works once filled a museum.
YGOwr.png
Three centuries ago, our fair city was plundered by a dragon.
YGOwr.png
The greedy beast emptied our museum and treasury.
YGOwr.png
Even Bottleblow's great masterpiece, the First Scrying Sphere was lost.
YGOwr.png
Fortunately, the Conundrum was on loan to the Guild of Vintners at the time.
YGOwr.png
It is our only remaining example of Bottleblow's transcendent genius.
Bobbin.png
But why is it made of diamond instead of glass?
YGOwr.png
We don't know
YGOwr.png
That's the Conundrum.
VcKGJ.png

We leave via the right, and find another exit I missed, and the notice the workers with the scythe are visible from outside.

D3Qlk.png

Wandering around the back, I notice a path in the cliff that I also missed (told you I was playing this blind) And follow it up.

3ZfnH.png

uz419.png

kEYRN.png

End up in this forest, the music track goes back to the one on the Weaver's Island.

We head to the left of screen and then...

OdfDx.png

QtcXX.png

sF4Gk.png

Nobody expects the spanish inquistion! While they were appearing, a draft played, one note for each man.

They speak in turn, Bobbin following them around

kOAhd.png

AT0rC.png
Who goes there?
AT0rC.png
This runt was trying to sneak into our realm!
AT0rC.png
Sneak? You call that sneaking?
AT0rC.png
I head him coming two hills away.
AT0rC.png
State your business with the Guild of Shepherds!
Bobbin.png
I'm looking for a flock of swans.
AT0rC.png
Swans.
AT0rC.png
Right.
AT0rC.png
Swans don't live in the woods, kid.
AT0rC.png
Say! You don't suppose this is the wizard Fleece told us about, do you?
AT0rC.png
Hmm. He's dressed kind of like a wizard.
AT0rC.png
Doesn't look very powerful to me.
AT0rC.png
C'mon wizard! Show us your stuff.
AT0rC.png
Prove you're a wizard or you're not getting any farther.

So now you can select the group, or leave. I go through all my drafts to no avail.

IxAnZ.png

DJ5mi.png

pmby3.png

I leave, while being mocked. I'll show them.

cAA4u.png

WxxN5.png

osm5h.png

I get a idea to try the draft I heard when they appeared [GCCD]

jye3w.png

XtXHe.png

Hszu5.png

eNWQW.png

NJnyl.png

That didn't work either, but It does confirm for me that the draft is:

Invisibility [GCCD] When spun upon a person or group, Invisibility frays the focus of their vision, rendering the spellweaver quite difficult to see. The provenance of this draft is uncertain. It seems to have been acquired (under questionable circumstances) from the Guild of Shepherds, whose genius in this art of stealth is probably unrivalled.

I take the right hand path from the woods, and end up at the beach, looking out over the city gives me my next idea. Invisibility needs to cast on people, I can interact with people back at the tower, I head back that way.

dew5P.png

yJo6h.png

The draft succeeds (blue sparkles!) And I head back to the bell-teleporter.

Bevbj.png

aebum.png

Success! I'm invisible, and they don't kick me out, they then start talking, so I wait and listen.

EUVga.png

kZqI1.png
Swishin' 'round here like he owns the place!
kZqI1.png
What do the Clerics want with a Sphere of Scrying, anyway?
kZqI1.png
Thought they didn't believe in the future.
kZqI1.png
Your guess is as good as mine.
kZqI1.png
Crucible thinks they're up to no good again.
kZqI1.png
So why's he selling 'em one?
kZqI1.png
You know Crucible.
kZqI1.png
He'd sell his own mother's spectacles if the terms were cash up front.
kZqI1.png
Cash up front? Whew!
kZqI1.png
Spheres ain't what you call cheap.
kZqI1.png
Still, Crucible's not takin' any chances.
kZqI1.png
He figures if the Clerics are lookin' for trouble, we're gonna be ready.
kZqI1.png
That's why you and me's up here doin' major overtime.
kZqI1.png
Ouch! ... I see whatcha mean.
kZqI1.png
One look at THIS little baby'll make them Clerics think twice 'bout messin' with US.

They go back to work. It's a long way from Weaver island, so many plots. I sneak past them an try the bell on the other side.

kVwYz.png

iHAYD.png

pRAup.png

It puts me next to the sphere the Bishop and the Master were talking about, I go and have a look, maybe it'll show me my future.

oiSvf.png

U6527.png

3NugL.png

e6hjr.png

lZLd9.png

Its the shepherds! A draft plays and they all flee, it must be the answer.

On my way back go through the tower and look at the Scythe. A draft plays [DFAF]

3uOQa.png

I'm guessing it's:

Sharpening [DFAF] Scissors, pins and knitting needles are the usual benefactors of this simple draft. In ancient times, however, warriors often submitted their blades to our Guildmembers for treatment. A formal protest by the Blacksmiths resulted in the Whetstone Bridge Treaty of 7550, which specifically prohibits the use of the Sharpening draft on weapons of war.

But we'll wait and see.

Armed with my sphere-fed knowledge, I head back to the forest for a showdown with the Shepherds.

I play the draft I saw in the sphere [EFFE]

XjqHm.png

894TZ.png

ma5Wb.png

h0a5h.png

GB3IT.png

wAT4m.png

Woah! I guess I know what this one is now:

Terror [EFFE] This draft reweaves the spellweaver's appearance into a form drawn from the deepest anxieties of the being the threads are spun upon. In effect, it turns you into the the thing the recipient fears most. Terror works only oon sentient beings, but its potency more than makes up for this limitation. It is approved for limited therapeutic use by the Guild of Psychotherapists.

Having done that, we move through the forest, into the next update.

kazgar

Arcane
Chapter 4: Over hill and dale
Here we are in the fields of the shepherds, and unsurprisingly, there's some sheep, lets have a look.

QIMsF.png

Oovaz.png

T7aEY.png

As they jump over the fence, they play a draft [DEFA] the shepherd wakes up.

vmo77.png

NXGLk.png

aTKu8.png

4R0Eu.png

KjJkb.png

SFZ9g.png

y86pR.png

As the last one jumps over, playing the draft in the reverse, the shepherd goes back to sleep. Looks like we just learnt:

Sleep [AFED] It would be difficult to find a pillow, baby bonnet or sleeping bag that has not been imbued with the soothing properties of this popular draft. The Guild of Nannies requires its use in all household fabrics, and the Anesthesiologists have approved an industrial-strength version as an alternative to chloroform.

Probably come in useful later. Can't play it now, haven't levelled up enough. Now we head left, through more great scenery.

h6MnN.png

FbqBd.png

We see a village, lets have a look around.

JPuSk.png

We Enter the hut, and the outline appears as we approach the lamb, nothing's said until we interact with it, but when we do:

axE6k.png

iVAo6.png

3821j.png

jDUjy.png

cT3kg.png

b9eMz.png

Hubba Hubba, she enters.

Bobbin.png
Who are you?
aRtFG.png
I am she who sent for you.
Bobbin.png
Huh?
aRtFG.png
I am named Fleece, First Chosen of the Guild of Shepherds
aRtFG.png
And you are obviously the might wizard I hired from the Guild of Mages.
Bobbin.png
There must be some mistake.
aRtFG.png
Your modesty is very charming.
aRtFG.png
But there is no mistake.
aRtFG.png
My border guards were extremely impressed with your display of magic power.
aRtFG.png
They did not tell me that you are also young, and quite well-mannered.
aRtFG.png
Were our plight not so serious, it might amuse me to know you better.

Oh my!

Bobbin.png
Plight?

You stupid boy!

aRtFG.png
One of our clients placed an order for ten thousand fattened sheep.
Bobbin.png
That's enough to feed an army!
aRtFG.png
I fear that may be exactly what the Clerics have in mind.

Knew it was those clerics causing trouble!

aRtFG.png
But we do not concern ourselves with how our customers use our products.
aRtFG.png
The probably won't get their sheep anyway.
Bobbin.png
No? Why not?

OsXf4.png

0Gpi9.png

aRtFG.png
Only a mage can save us from this winged pestilence.
aRtFG.png
Thank you for answering my summons so quickly.

A quest! For a fair maiden! We shall slay the dragon with our umm..err song!

Fleece is still around, we can't "talk" to her, but if we interact with the lamb (err) we get more dialogue.

ItObz.png

Bobbin.png
Patient? Is she sick?
aRtFG.png
Very. I don't think she's going to make it.
aRtFG.png
Her mother was carried off by the dragon the day after she gave birth.
aRtFG.png
My Songs of Healing don't seem to be doing enough good.
Bobbin.png
Songs?
aRtFG.png
We Shepherds are known for them. At least, I thought we were.
aRtFG.png
My grandsire taught me the magic notes.
aRtFG.png
He said we got them from some other Guild in exchange for the secret of stealth.

Hmmm

4DNdT.png

Bobbin.png
I think she opened her eyes a little
aRtFG.png
You're right!
aRtFG.png
I'll try it again.

Looks like we've learnt

Healing [AGGA] In Volume 19 of her Brief History of the Guild of Weavers (Guild Press, 5620), Third Elder Lazykate documents the way bandages were treated with Healing as early as 1716. The four threads have evolved far beyond their original form. They can now be spun into virtually anything which needs rejuvenation, with the notable exception of the spellweaver's own body.

We make our way out

aRtFG.png
The flock has been led to pasture, Wizard. Good luck with the dragon!

epH1y.png

There's the flock. Luckily I've already got a idea for this one, we turned white things grass green at the very start of the adventure, we cast Dye. They all turn green...

DkvcV.png

Hj3eM.png

HprW7.png

..except for us, oops. Guess we're dragon food now?

Id1Ts.png

9haPN.png

Nope, still alive currently. And kept our staff

j0xUp.png

klDI2.png

o0Lt3.png
Thought you felt a little scrawny.

Lets have a look around, first the gold.

IJbmD.png

o0Lt3.png
This pile is so SAD compared to what I USED to have lying around here.
o0Lt3.png
I picked up a load of crystal once that was to DIE for. Honestly!
o0Lt3.png
Then wouldn't you know?
o0Lt3.png
This third-rate wizard tries to rip apart my volcano. We're talking MAJOR earthquake here.
o0Lt3.png
Ruined ALL my fancy glassware. I made that boy very, VERY sorry, let me tell you.
o0Lt3.png
Did manage to save one little knickknack.
o0Lt3.png
The loveliest glass ball. Is was SO precious.
o0Lt3.png
So what did I do? Ha! Lost it in the caves under the mountain. Rolled away before I could grab it.
o0Lt3.png
Never did find that puppet. C'est la vie.

We then look at the dragon itself.

Xsx1I.png

Bobbin.png
Was I staring? Sorry.
o0Lt3.png
Aw, forget it. Don't pay any more attention to me.
o0Lt3.png
I get crabby on a empty stomach.
Bobbin.png
Oh.
Bobbin.png
Are you gonna incinerate me now?
o0Lt3.png
Incinerate you? My! Aren't you the foxy one!
o0Lt3.png
You've come to the wrong lair if THAT's what you're after.
o0Lt3.png
Listen, Sweetie. I haven't done FIRE since my last mating season.
o0Lt3.png
And you don't WANT to know how long ago THAT was.
o0Lt3.png
Those little tongues of flame running up and down my nostrils? Please!
o0Lt3.png
Too much heat for this old reptile.

Emo dragon.

Bobbin.png
You mean you can't breathe fire?
o0Lt3.png
WON'T, honey. Doesn't fit my lifestyle.
o0Lt3.png
Just between you and me, the stuff gives me the willies.

With that, we're left in the cave. The problem being there doesn't seem to be a exit. The dragon's happy to leave us alone though.

m5lUX.png

I have an idea, maybe I can reverse straw into gold and get something to happen.

cTHSI.png

2X0VU.png

ABckB.png

QXZSJ.png

qqZ2V.png

JkLQX.png

Well that worked, and as a bonus, I've learnt the 'a' note! Dragon doesn't seem to mind, so I switch it back.

wWCPD.png

D7NIV.png

A3Nkp.png

Ad2wn.png

Might have to play this again in the CD version, I'm hoping the dragons voice matches the tone.

That didn't work. Maybe I need to sneak past the dragon, so I attempt to put him to sleep.

93HWo.png

oNrHW.png

r5iTD.png

That worked! Still can't get around. However, the dragon seems to be exhaling flame from a nostril while snoring. Gold won't be affected by that, but how about dried grass?

tfW5g.png

k5ePn.png

KHv9k.png

SLWpI.png

US9K6.png

nFxAW.png

Success! And there's the exit behind the ashes. I take it

Ooo dark in here, but know what to do with this.

V0ktt.png

mS00I.png

Like so! Unfortunately it doesn't reveal the whole map, and we're in a maze, so we wander through tunnels and along paths for a while. I come to this room.

TdQR4.png

4rE8t.png

Don't notice anything, so I keep going down (during this writeup, realise this may be a issue, we shall see)

78nyo.png

Partway along, I fall, and slide down a hole ending here. This room has a pool of water, I have a look at it. I see myself, and learn a draft

tbrwj.png

jyBX7.png

Reflection [ADDA] This draft was commissioned by the Guild of Dancers to expedite costume changes for their 500th anniversary performance of the classic ballet Olema. When properly invoked, the spellweaver immediately assumes the appearance of the being the draft is spun upon, and vice versa. The four threads are based on the mating grunt of the slit-throated chameleon.

Now that's done, I couldn't see a exit, so I was wondering if there was something under the water. I use the emptying draft on the pool.

53USG.png

0csuE.png

z0NLW.png

No, no exit, but here's a sphere that looks a lot like the one back at the glassmakers guild. Probably the one the dragon stole from the glassmakers and then lost? (was genuinely surprised, thought it might be a item to find later, but didn't expect it to work like that)

I have a look at the sphere.

6ZPUY.png

KCyKg.png

A Volcano, hmm Lets look again

tXOGp.png

A swan, and it plays the transcendence draft [C'FGC].

s4gQW.png

And one more time, this dude. Wondering if its the Bishop from the last update, he looks like trouble, and he needs to floss.

Those 3 just repeat. I find a exit finally, and make it through the maze.

ofwNO.png

wdpJO.png

LrCga.png

Freedom! Fresh Air! No path!

I go back and look at the apex of the path, It mentions that it twists. If it works on water spouts, why not stone? I reverse the twisting draft [EDDF] and see what happens.

cLPr1.png

60ZdC.png

2X13G.png

oTImo.png

Well that was pretty neat. I assume I'll come back out on the plains with the shepherds to finish up some stuf..

pATok.png

Oh, this doesn't look like meadow.

9kfLr.png

dicld.png

R7zSx.png

Let wake the boy up, reversing the sleeping draft (as used by sheep) [DEFA]

kgtkd.png

dPBuM.png

uHGxN.png

uDekh.png
What's your name?
Bobbin.png
Bobbin Threadbare, of the Weavers.
uDekh.png
Weavers, huh?
uDekh.png
No wonder your cloak is so nice.
uDekh.png
My real name is Wellwrought, but everyone calls me Rusty.
uDekh.png
Rusty Nailbender
uDekh.png
I'm supposed to be gathering firewood.
uDekh.png
But this plateau's been picked clean.
Bobbin.png
What's your Guild, Rusty?
uDekh.png
Follow me. I'll show you.
C0yuW.png

Bobbin.png
Never would have guessed.
uDekh.png
Our city's been here since before the Shadow.
uDekh.png
We call it the Forge.
uDekh.png
So. What brings a Weaver to these parts?
Bobbin.png
I'm looking for a flock of swans. Did you see any pass this way?
uDekh.png
Sorry. No swans around here. Plenty of vultures, though.
uDekh.png
Yawn! All this talk makes me sleepy.
uDekh.png
Wake me if you find your swans. Never seen one before.
uDekh.png
Zzzzzz ...

We wander down the steps.

wW4q3.png

lFw6j.png

W8d1H.png

Sg30w.png

99iOy.png

PDewt.png

h14W0.png

Lets leave it there for now. Feels like we're going really quickly and I'm missing puzzles? Not sure. Till next time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom