Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

link to new PC GAMER Oblivion pics?

izzay

Novice
Anybody know of anywhere they're being hosted? I really want to see them...but don't feel like spending $15 bucks on a magazine.
que?

Data4

Arcane
izzay said:
Anybody know of anywhere they're being hosted? I really want to see them...but don't feel like spending $15 bucks on a magazine.
que?

Or you could spend 5 minutes in the store thumbing through the magazine...? I know of a place online, but the pictures are of crappy quality. I'd send you a link, but I'm going to defer to the implied wishes of a certain Bethesda employee who frequents this place.

-D4

EDIT 1/1/06: *sigh* Try to be the slightest bit honorable in deference to MSFD and what happens? You get shown up by a couple of illiterate assholes. Ah well... :D

LlamaGod

Cipher
WHY NOT GO ASK ON THE ELDER SCROLLS FORUM INSTEAD OF HERE, YOU STUPID FUCKS.

This isn't Oblivion Codex, go take your stupid polls and stupid questions for stupid screenshots and get the hell off my internet

yipsl

Scholar
Data4 said:
izzay said:
que?

Or you could spend 5 minutes in the store thumbing through the magazine...? I know of a place online, but the pictures are of crappy quality. I'd send you a link, but I'm going to defer to the implied wishes of a certain Bethesda employee who frequents this place.

-D4

EDIT 1/1/06: *sigh* Try to be the slightest bit honorable in deference to MSFD and what happens? You get shown up by a couple of illiterate assholes. Ah well... :D

I actually went to buy the issue and the stores only had the January issue that I own. I've restarted my subscription, so they'll skip the one I want. A manager friend at EB Games told me they won't get the latest issue in until later in the week. So I'll have to wait to see the comments on levitation too.

Lumpy

Arcane
LlamaGod said:

This isn't Oblivion Codex, go take your stupid polls and stupid questions for stupid screenshots and get the hell off my internet
Maybe because the thread would get locked there faster than he can say "This thread will get locked here"?

Tintin

Arbiter
....GO ASK ON THE ELDER SCROLLS FORUM..................get the hell off my internet....

And here I thought the TES forums were on the internet.

ExMonk

Scholar
LlamaGod said:

But neither is this the Anti-Oblivion Codex, you elitist buffoon. :wink:

Data4

Arcane
Gee... much as I hate to say it, I'm gonna have to skip milk and cookies hour. Someone light a candle at the Almighty Devs altar, and be sure to say 10 "Hail Pete"s and 5 "Teh illegalz!" reverently for me.

-D4

Greatatlantic

Erudite
STASKO said:
If you want the whole Oblivion special? I have found this on the web and it is good quality!!

http://www.xboxyde.com/forum_1_7736_1_en.html

You know, going to that link made me think. Do we have any French posters at this site? Stereotyping aside, France is one of the most populous European countries with a pretty good education system which means somebody there ought to know enough English to participate in forum discussions. The fact we seem to have several Russians and Poles makes me wonder. Are RPGs or gaming in general just not popular there or what?

Back on topic... I think a lot of people who are hyping this to be a system seller like Halo or even Grand Theft Auto are way overstating. I game this big in size is going to have a lot of unpolished elements. And despite all the hype about a new and improved combat engine, its still going to be a wRPG. It will appeal to the fans of Morrowind, but certainly not the market as a whole. Thats my thoughts on this game, which I'll probably get after the price goes down.

Balor

Arcane
Well, I heard some of Codexers mention that french is their native language... cannot remember who they were in particular, though...
And talking of Russia - well, one cannot say it's small, right? :P No wonder some Russians ended up there, expecially since this site is somewhat hyped by Russian AG.ru (one of the biggest Russan gaming sites/forums)- Santera from there frequents it for Oblivion dev quotes, for instance, and CRPG.ru.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Greatatlantic said:
You know, going to that link made me think. Do we have any French posters at this site? Stereotyping aside, France is one of the most populous European countries with a pretty good education system which means somebody there ought to know enough English to participate in forum discussions. The fact we seem to have several Russians and Poles makes me wonder. Are RPGs or gaming in general just not popular there or what?
We can always ask this fella to join. He's French, passionate about games, and even has some experience in the industry.

TheGreatGodPan

Arbiter
The French try very hard not to know English. They've got an enitire academy dedicating to preserving the French language by coming up with new French words to prevent people from using new English slang/technical words or whatever.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Greatatlantic said:
Stereotyping aside, France is one of the most populous European countries with a pretty good education system which means somebody there ought to know enough English to participate in forum discussions.
Little known fact.. you don't actually need to know any English to participate in forum discussions.
Yeah, that's right: The French have French forums. Duh!

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I almost never run into les franchouilles when I'm gaming online, either. The only time I get to practice yelling (typing), "WTF R U NUBS HLEP ATATCJ!?!?!" in French is with filthy Canadians. French AOL-speak is awful.

Imbecile

Arbiter
Claw said:
Greatatlantic said:
Stereotyping aside, France is one of the most populous European countries with a pretty good education system which means somebody there ought to know enough English to participate in forum discussions.
Little known fact.. you don't actually need to know any English to participate in forum discussions.
Yeah, that's right: The French have French forums. Duh!

I'm half french - does that count for anything? ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom