Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lionheart (sigh)

Aelfina

Novice
In the backyard burying my copy of Lionheart which
I'm assuming I'm going to have to uninstall and reinstall the game to fix me problem, but if anyone has any info that can help me save my save files I'd be greatful. I started up the game today (patched version, which actually runs worse for me than before I patched it, more slow down, longer load times) and tried to load my save files. Simply clicking on the load game option crashed my game to the desktop. I was maybe three fourths of the way through the game and while it's sadly not what I was hoping for I am enjoying it, and by now I'm thinking I'll have to start over. So I start over, make a new character watch the slaver intro blah blah, try to save and the same damn thing happens. Anyone know what's going on? I would really appreciate a little help. This is the first crash I've ever had. I'm running a Radeon 9000, 512 megs of ramm, and athalon XP 2100 which equals about 1.74 GHz. Thanks for your time.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Nothing you can do. I heard many complains that the patch screwed up the game even more. So while you are waiting for the next patch, which could take awhile all, may I interest you in ToEE? :)

Aelfina

Novice
In the backyard burying my copy of Lionheart which
Got it

At least I didn't actually spend 50 bucks on this spanish themed paper weight (due to my employee discount).
I did pick up a copy of ToEE and I installed it, and I made one character (gleefully I might add, for some reason character creation just makes me happy), and then I had to run to work. That was a few days ago, and I've been busy, and when not busy I'm finally reading the Hobbit (which I hadn't read before and I am now in the process of kicking myself for my tardiness in realizing just how much ass it kicks). I'm very happy with the character creation in ToEE as it makes sense (alignments can't contradict within your party), and you don't have to do the points distribution crap that IWD2 suffered from. ToEE sounds like what I've been looking for in a game, I like being able to solve most everything non-violently and with deception. Hooray for Rogues!

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Character creation is my favourite part too. I spent 3 hours making a party in ToEE, and I didn't even roll my characters. I spent all this time making, adjusting, and replacing characters till I was satisfied and then it was too late to play the actual game. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom