Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

lol just watch the new WoW trailer

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I seriously can't stop watching this video, it's the best chewing out I've ever heard. ARE YOU FUCKING STUPID OR FUCKING BLIND
YOU WILL FUCKING DO IT AGAIN AND THIS TIME YOU WILL FUCKING DO IT...PROPER!!!

Gold

Augur
Patron
Dead State Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
No sound at work, is that the Oxynia; group one go right, group two go left, stay out of the eggs area ect, video?

If it is that is classic and there is no way in hell I would group with a fucktard that crazy.

Project: Eternity
Gold said:
No sound at work, is that the Oxynia; group one go right, group two go left, stay out of the eggs area ect, video?

If it is that is classic and there is no way in hell I would group with a fucktard that crazy.

No, that one was posted earlier in the thread, this is the same screaming creep but a different area.

EDIT: or maybe this is yet another video, this is not the Leeeeeeroy Jenkins one, its "Dives".

Dark Matter

Prophet
WoW's graphics are the best thing about the game. It looks like shit in trailers, but in-game, the environments are stunning.

Dark Matter said:
WoW's graphics are the best thing about the game. It looks like shit in trailers, but in-game, the environments are stunning.

hahaohwowx.jpg

racofer

Thread Incliner
kingcomrade said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPt1bckqJmU&feature=related
HAHAHAH same guy as the other WoW video
this one is ten time as hilarious and full of nerd rage though, it's seriously 4 minutes of straight screaming
Holy crap, I set my volume to the lowest possible value and it was still loud as hell. Only way something could top this video is if VideoCompiler joined that vent on that moment and started spamming random shit.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Hory said:
"An ancient evil has risen".
WoW, can it get more cliched?
Yeah, when do we get to fight a new evil or maybe an ancient evil which has fallen instead of rising or even just a plain old normal evil or how about someone who's just plain misunderstood?

Dark Matter

Prophet
Arthas is the new evil. Illidan is the misunderstood villain guy. There are also plenty of plain old normal evil guys in the game.

Deleted member 7219

Not yet, but the Icecrown raid is due out sometime in the next year, apparently. If the player can kill Arthas in that, it'll bring Warcraft to a new low. I mean, the ending cutscene of The Frozen Throne sets up the Lich King Arthas as THE most powerful entity in Azeroth. It wouldn't make sense for a team of 50 mortals to be able to bring him down.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
They're not mortals, if they die they just run their souls back to the bodies. Night Elfs can run to their faster (they're even less mortal).

The model they have in-game for the Lich King is pretty sweet.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
And it's not even 40-man raids anymore. All the bosses since Burning Crusade arrived are 25-man raids and iirc, the newest ones can be done either by 10-men or in 25-man mode.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
They're not mortals, if they die they just run their souls back to the bodies.
Resurrection is only game mechanic, immortality isn't that common as far lore goes.

I think it's 90% certain than Arthas will be killed or put out of scene in some way. But who knows, maybe Bliz will think out something interesting.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
DarkUnderlord said:
Hory said:
Yeah, when do we get to fight a new evil or maybe an ancient evil which has fallen instead of rising or even just a plain old normal evil or how about someone who's just plain misunderstood?

There're... a lot of misunderstood raid bosses, as it happens. Ilidan. To a lesser extent (I guess, since he got jilted by Jaina) Kael'thas. Even as we speak another twenty-pages thread about Arthas' redemption is being born. Then there's Malygos, who used to be okay but went insane. The Ulduar keepers might even qualify, since they're not fighting you of their own free will but under the influence of a Lovecraft rip-off.

GarfunkeL said:
And it's not even 40-man raids anymore. All the bosses since Burning Crusade arrived are 25-man raids and iirc, the newest ones can be done either by 10-men or in 25-man mode.

Not that anyone but those wearing rose-colored lenses miss the 40-mans, mind you. If you think back, those fights were never all that complicated. Herp derp derp run away or you blow up the raid. Compared to, say, Mimiron or Freya (especially hardmodes), the boss fights have actually gotten much more interesting. Even Netherspite was more fun than MC. The real challenge pre-TBC was carrying the twenty-or-so retards in your raid while dredging up semi-competent twenty more and hope they'll all log in at the same time.

My guild's not that amazing, but even we need to carry only about 3-4 retards every raid--everyone but the terrible of the most terrible contributes something (and the genuinely horrible ones are slowly being shamed into not logging in). I like it a lot better than raiding MC with idiots and semi-AFKers.

Deleted member 7219

Clockwork Knight said:
So, I never played this wow thing and was thinking about going for the 10 day free trial. What should I expect?

Well I've been playing WoW on and off since beta, I was never a hardcore player (my main character is level 66 and my only other character is level 20-something) but I remember being really interested in it because I was a fan of Warcraft 3 and The Frozen Throne. World of Warcraft has really extensive lore and quest-driven gameplay. Of course a lot of it is plagiarised from Tolkien and D&D, but its still interesting. That's the main drive of WoW for me, the lore. Solo questing is quite fun, but teaming up with a small group of people and going into instances is even better. You'll have to decide whether £8.99 a month is worth all that. In the end, I couldn't justify paying recurring fees.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
You can expect to either hate it utterly or enjoy it and pay for a full account subscription. The game's very solo-friendly until endgame content, the UI's highly customizable (if that matters to you), and as far as MMOs go is probably the most casual-friendly (you can play for an hour or five) of the lot.

Clockwork Knight said:
Really? Sounds interesting, since in every other mmo I played non hardcore players get fucked sooner or later. Nice to know you can play normally and still be able to reach high levels.

The game's casual enough that you can remain non-hardcore and obtain, if not the best of gear, very decent epics from just running five-man instances at max level (or running the ten/twenty-five-man raids that are so very, very easy even double amputees with almost no reflexes can complete them successfully). And yes, you can indeed solo all the way to 80.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Lesi, I was in a really, really good guild when I still played WoW and even MC was somewhat fun, thanks to people not being retards etc. BWL, both AQ's and Naxx - holy shit, those were something. Granted, everything in expansions is better than what MC was and somewhat better than BWL but I don't really think they surpassed AQ or old Naxx - though I've only seen raid progression into the Black Temple, nothing after that.

Our guild really face a major crisis when TBC came out because the raiding section was tailored around 50 players who would rotate in-and-out of the raids. We tried to get 2 groups running but it didn't work out, lots of useless drama and guild nearly broke up. And many guild actually did. Oh well, Internet Drama, how did we ever manage before thee?

So maybe I'm wearing rose-tinted glasses but I do miss those 40-man raids.

4too

Arcane
Template For Excess

Template For Excess

Pardon a return to the first page meme.

kingcomrade said:
... This guy fails so hard at epic bloom deep voice narration. ...

Hoaxmetal said:
... Yeah, voice-over was pretty lame. ...

Lyric Suite said:
...That was pretty bad, but nothing beats the ...

Freelance Henchman said:
... The cheesy voice acting fits perfectly to how lame this ...

Hory said:

Matt7895 said:
... But that was a parody, right? Right?! ...

Not sure, yet this ...

This ten minute mp4, at the Internet Archive, may just be.

How do these lowest common demarkations,
these fire and forget product teasers,
these above sighted short shot bolts of hook luring brilliance, compare ... to ...

This ten minute mp4, @

http://www.archive.org/details/YourName1960

"Your Name Here" a comic template for success,

pacing correct for that TV menaced era,

plodding for the *brave new* spinning cynical world, 21st Century, X-point -zero, vision questers.

Marketing is forever newing the present by retreading the past, (ANOTHER ancient evil?), effort-ing to capture that never quite here, and NEVER NOW, future!

your cliche here, your cliche here never changes ....

4too

Gold

Augur
Patron
Dead State Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
I've always appreciated 4too, here and on NMA. A very creative and classy poster.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom