Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Longest playing session ?

How long ?

• 5 hours or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6-10 hours

• 16-20 hours

• 21+ hours :kingcomrade:

• Total voters
Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Longest CRPG session that I can remember were around 10 hours in Fallout 2. I'd have played for more if I didn't have to share a computer with my brother.

But I've played multiplayer games for longer stretches on special occasions. I wasted 6 months of my life only sleeping, eating, and playing wow. Farm during the day, raid during the night. :M

I don't have the patience to play a game for that much time anymore, mostly 4~8 hours nowadays...

sser

Arcane
Developer
I think Morrowind was the first game that had me molding over. Civilization II and IV are up there, too. Don't remember exactly how long, but I did play Civ4 so freakishly long once that I became sick. I couldn't play it again for like two years because anytime I even thought about Civ4 my stomach would curl.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Think it was Torment for me, sucking me into the game, totally sleepy, but unable to quit.
GMing sessions in FOnline also take some time.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Looks like I'm joining the prestigious five hours or fewer (less cake, fewer cookies) crowd. I can only click and clack for so long before becoming lethargic.

Nex

Cipher
For RPG type games it would have to be 30-40 hours of straight Ultima Online at a lan party quite a long time ago.

Much Operation Flashpoint was played before we did that tho, probably a similar amount. I wish I kept all the gifs we made of that session.

Kos_Koa

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
The only game I remember spending large stretches of time on was X-Com and Civ 4 with the FFH mod, though I don't think I ever pushed it past 6 hours. With rpgs I generally don't like playing for long periods of time because I feel like it dilutes the experience. I'll usually play through a town or a dungeon in one go but I'll rarely do both. It's like the people who'll watch an entire season of a show in one day, I just couldn't do that.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
longest would be 6-8 hours I guess. Happens quite frequently though. Games include: Morrowind, Oblivion (shut up), Pirates!, Witcher, Witcher 2, Planescape, Mass Effect 1/2, Zelda and probably more I cant remember.

Ever since I stopped being a kid my concentration has plummeted, I generally only play games in twenty minute to hour long stints. Anyone else have this?

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
How long ?
5 hours or less
3%
3% [ 2 ]
6-10 hours
26%
26% [ 16 ]
11-15 hours
23%
23% [ 14 ]
16-20 hours
16%
16% [ 10 ]
21+ hours :kingcomrade:
30%
30% [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 60

You, people are fucking insane.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom