Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

looking for game recommendations

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Alternatively, anyone has anything good/bad to say about Tower of Time or Torment: Tides of Numenera? Are those worth playing?
The first one is ok,tho it could get a bit tedious later on.

Now numanuma is game that every rpg fan should play at least once in their life and experience the horrors of endless boring exposition writing.

Try out drakensang river of time,if you like it play the first drakensang.
Avrnum and geneforge games are pretty old school but really good games. just avoid avadon and queen's wish lol.
Also the classics of Arcanum,torment and temple of elemental evil.
Avalon is old and forgotten game but fun and with pretty good writing.
Dungeon of naheulbeuk is a month old at this point and really good game.
Atom a fallout like game,really good,even better than fallout for eastern evros.
Underrail a hardcore game but really fun once you get your build going.
Expedition games are really good time,check them out.
Shadowrun Dragonfall and hong kong are pretty good cyberpunk games.
Also check out Might and magic 6&7 ,you may find your hidden blobber fetish :).
And last and the best,check out mass effect andromeda,the best version is 1.0 unpatched. The best game out there,it will gift you with some unforgeable times.

Waterd

Augur
I'm very picky but very few RPG i Like I still lurk around i the hope i find another RPG.
KOTC, Shattered lands, temple of elemental evil. I think that is, those are the only RPG I like.

The problem iwth RPGS in general to me is that they have a lot of repetitive combat, those i mention mostly not. Which is funny because i read some people complain about TOEE having repetitive combat, is like they didnt play Baldur's gate or something.

I'm interested in high fantasy RPG Tactical and turn based without repetitive combats, and isometric or topdown perspective.

I have highi expectations on Realms beyond.

I'm very picky but very few RPG i Like I still lurk around i the hope i find another RPG.
KOTC, Shattered lands, temple of elemental evil. I think that is, those are the only RPG I like.

The problem iwth RPGS in general to me is that they have a lot of repetitive combat, those i mention mostly not. Which is funny because i read some people complain about TOEE having repetitive combat, is like they didnt play Baldur's gate or something.

I'm interested in high fantasy RPG Tactical and turn based without repetitive combats, and isometric or topdown perspective.

I have highi expectations on Realms beyond.

Age of Decadence/Dungeon Rats

deadmeme

Learned
Hi Guys,

I am looking for some RPG game recommendations, because I have now lost all hope in this genre :o

Ok, maybe losing all hope is a bit of an exaggeration, but I just can't seem to find the right RPG's to play nowadays.

Let me tell you what games I like and what I am searching for. First of all I am huge fan of top down RPG's, I guess you call them Isometric rpg or Eagles Eye view. I have enjoyed most of Black Isle Studios games. I have done multiple play-trough on Icewind Dale 1/2, Baldurs gate 1/2, Fallouts 1/2 etc. Also I liked the more H&S likes like Diablo, Dungeon siege, Torchlight and to some extent Titan Quest as well as Grim Dawn. I liked the BG games for their character building and tactical gameplay and the H&Slashes for the faster pace of story.

So what I am looking for is some more recent titles that would combine the turn based (tactical) system and quick progression of story. I am really not interested in all those recent trends of friendship building, romancing, talking with every single soul in larger cities just to get a silly quest for 50gp reward.

I recently picked up Dragon Age Origins. While i like the gameplay and the combat system, I really don't enjoy all the quests that are throwing me around the map or the detailed decision making. I am really not into that stuff, I want a tactical dungeon crawler. I would put Pillars of Eternity in the same boat. While the game art is super nice and combat is how I like it. The sheer amount of text is just off-putting. I want to play not read, I do my reading outside my gaming time. Don't get me wrong, its not like all dialogue is useless, but for most of the games it is just a bit too much. I like the balance of gameplay vs dialogue in games like Icewind Dale or Temple of Elemental evil.

So yes, maybe after reading this bit of a rant, maybe you can advice me on what rpg's to give a shot?
To sum up:

* preferably isometric game
* preferably with party management
* fast story progression
* something released past 2010
* preferably turn based combat
* preferably some replay value (different classes, weapons, party setups etc.)
* preferably fantasy setting

Another thing came to mind, when it came out I really like the Witcher game. I liked it so much so that it was my favourite game at the time. So I gave it a shot again, and man, the game is a drag :D I have lost any interest in going to game taverns, getting drunk, gamble and fight. All those things I can do in real life. What I cannot do in real life is gather a party of 4 and slay some beholders or trolls.

Anyway, I will appreciate if you can give me some suggestions on what to try.

P.S. Don't suggest Pathfinder Kingmaker, Newerwinter nights, Fallout, Skyrim or Pillairs of Eternity 2

Thanks and Cheers

Wizardry 4

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom