Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

looking for planescape torment

xemous

Arcane
im looking for planescape tormet after hearing its a half decent game
i cant find it anywere at the shops, eb dosent order it any more, its discontinued

Last edited:

xemous

Arcane
"The Nameless One is an immortal who's lived so long, he no longer remembers who he is or what he's done in his life. All he knows is that he's woken up in Sigil's Mortuary with nothing but a talking skull for companionship and a mysterious note from himself tattooed on his back"

ffs, need game
i saw it once in 99' and diddnt bother with it, fk i shoulda bought the thing back then...

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Been a long while since I saw this game for sale. Sometimes you can find copy's at pc seminars (dunno if this is the right word) or in bargain bins, if you're lucky. Though I normally wouldn't do this, I'd recommend you just download it from suprnova. It's well worth getting!

xemous

Arcane
mindgames melbourne (my city) http://www.mindgamesmelbourne.com/Catalogue.htmp
2100480 PLANESCAPE - TORMENT (PC CD-ROM) $42.00 T.O.S !!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Please Note: Where T.O.S. appears beside an item's listing,
that product is Temporarily out of Stock.
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

ill go there on the weekend and see if i can order a copy
but interplay is out of the business? or so i heard.
so who would be shipping the games?

well i just sent them an email

dirk

Novice
You can get pretty high quality second hand chit (sometimes sealed unopened wowowow). And since it's out of print, you'll probably have to go second hand.

htp://www.ebay.com

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
While it's a great game and all, I really think you can do better than $42. Heck, I didn't even pay that much for the game brand new. I suppose it's worth it though if that's the best you can find. But, yeah, try Ebay first. :)

Spazmo

Erudite
Impossible to find new--it's been out of print for years. The only place that's actually getting new copies is Poland. And they're in Polish.

So yeah, you want eBay.

xemous

Arcane
42AUD,
no ebay
ill find it somewhere else

Last edited:

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I saw at least 20 copies in my local eb. Apparently, they sold pretty well and were almost all gone th next week. Also, they were doubled with another game and the total came to 13.00 (and it was the two cd version, not the 4 one.

xemous

Arcane
what was the double pack called?
when was this, i might get the double packs name and ask them to put it through the computer, maybe thats still in print.

also, whats the difference between the 2 cd version and the 4?
did they cut out movies or just compress them

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I think the 2-cd version is just compressed better. It's a combo of that and Soul Bringer. not sure atm cause I cant seem to find it.

suibhne

Erudite
Eclecticist said:
And do try to get the four CD version.

Uh...why?

The 2-CD version has the same data, and it's patched out of the box. It's bundled with Soulbringer, like Blackhart sez, but you needn't feel any pressure to even install that one. :wink:

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Just don't get it off Amazon.co.uk. That site's awful. It's been hacked multiple times with 15 year olds making off with hundreds of dollars from people's credit cards and bank accounts. Just view some of the stuff being sold at Amazon.co.uk, that's going for '10,000,000 pounds', up-bidded by 2-3 people. That doesn't happen on Ebay.com.

rob

Novice
closer to the north pole thant to my hometown
kind of like amazon uk, buy most of my stuff from them and so far never had problems luckily, I hope it will stay like this. also the used stuff is not so bad, you cannot bid on it (no clue on how they do determine the price) and for example you can get fallout used cheaper from them than from ebay it or de, 3 pounds against 25 euro.

Ortchel

Liturgist
So much effort wasted, the devs won't be getting a penny no matter what 'legal' way you obtain it, just pirate it, for god's sake.

Self-Ejected

dojoteef

Self-Ejected
Ortchel said:
So much effort wasted, the devs won't be getting a penny no matter what 'legal' way you obtain it, just pirate it, for god's sake.

If you can't find the game anywhere I'd say go ahead and pirate it, it'd be like borrowing the game from a friend. The thing is he has found a place to purchase the game. Not only that, it is often very nice to have a hard copy of the manual and the original cds. Then you can say, "YEAH! I'm a true fan boy!" Which in the case of PS:T I am.

Ortchel

Liturgist
Not only that, it is often very nice to have a hard copy of the manual and the original cds.

True, my copy was part of some dual pack, I hate pdfs :(

Calis

Pensionado
dojoteef said:
Then you can say, "YEAH! I'm a true fan boy!" Which in the case of PS:T I am.
You're not a true fanboy unless you refer to the Nameless One as "Floyd". :P

xemous

Arcane
budget copy ps:t found

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom