Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Looking for simultaneous unsynced turn based mp games

• Abandon all hope, ye who enter this thread

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • There's lots of games like this, op is bad at google

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • This is relevant to my interests, but I have nothing to add

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Dominions is a great game, can recommend for the type of game you seek.

Be warned though, it becomes quite a time-sink later on, and if you lack charisma (or desire to put your charisma to work) then other players quite often gang upon you and start a slow, agonizing suffocation that can last for dozens of turns (i.e. dozens of hours). A great game, as you can see.
You can also set a disciple game with 2 pretenders, and voila, no more diplomacy problem!
Master of Orion with no battle is simultaneous asynchronous.
I agree it is the most conveient way to play, but it is also badly under represented :(

There are some online games that could work you:
Neptune's Pride was a Diplo focused 4X in space. You can play either in no sleep mode (1 movement tick every hour. Good luck with managing your winning/sleeping balance!), or in turn based (1 turn every 8 hours iirc).
It is rather nice, as long as you stay away from the large games where you discover in the end that several players entered with 5+ accounts.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
We need seven people and will play on PlayDiplomacy.com.

See this thread for a game in progress and sign ups for a second game:

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/rpg-codex-diplomacy.131155/
FYI to people interested: The current game is still ongoing, and it might take a while to finish. If you are interested in playing, watch the Diplomacy thread grimace linked for registration on the next game. However, if seven new people want to start a game, you're more than welcome.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom