Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lord of the Rings War in the North

Saxon1974

Prophet
Haven't seen any discussion on this game here.

It appears its a hack n slash diablo style game in the Lord of the Rings universe. Probably just be a hack n slash action game.

http://www.warinthenorth.com/

Luigi

Barely Literate
:oops:

57935_untitled_122_427lo.JPG

Oesophagus

Arcane
Looks very Dragon Age-ish. So I'm just placing bets here, but the combat will be shit, and most of the writing will consist of romancing trannies (probably)

Saxon1974

Prophet
From what it shows on the website it appears to be a linear action fest...no real game specific's at all other than you visit some locations from the book lore.

Baron

Arcane
It's not in General Discussion, it's in General Gaming.

It bills itself as an Action RPG... it looks pretty and, as you say, about as RPG as Diablo. Mouse clicking on moving objects, some of which are elves.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
attackfighter said:
every game set in the LOTR universe has been shit

UNTIL NOW!!!!!!!!

The first one is a classis - the text/graphics adventure game The Hobbit from 1982.

coaster

Liturgist
You throw the lunch at Thorin. With one well placed blow Thorin cleaves your skull. You are dead. You have completed 1.5% of this adventure.

Von Paulus

Educated
octavius said:
The first one is a classis - the text/graphics adventure game The Hobbit from 1982.
Right. At the time I only had 16K in my Speccy and the game needed 48K. I had to work extra hours to expand the memory. But it was worthy.

mirian1215

Novice
Testing

Im testing this game, thanks to my bro that installs it just a moment ago. Later I will tell how go...

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Saxon1974 said:
From what it shows on the website it appears to be a linear action fest...

Just like the book then.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom