Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inactive [LP CYOA] Overlord

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Yes, I like the limb removal idea. It would be like a much better version of that j-date amputee game 4 Chan made.
quad.jpg

Of course we'd have to make it look like it was all Zayan's idea we can't look like the bad guy after all...

actually, we can be honest about it. She might even appreciate our brutality. Don't want to paint a target on Zayan.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
If that's not enough to alleviate your paranoia about her escaping, how about we cleave her in to? She won't be going anywhere without her legs and we can regenerate her to full if need be.
This is not really a solution, unless you only keep her for interrogation, and then it is a far more logical choice just to kill her after you are done. That's an escape-proof method. Leaving her alive leaves a chance that something will go wrong - someone still has to feed the prisoner, they could still be rescued by other party etc.

It comes down to whether you believe she can or can't be used as our own agent. If she can, and if you plan on doing so, you can't lay a finger on her for pretty obvious reasons. People tend to remember injury and humiliation, and this one has the capabilities to pay us back.

It's one of the reasons we can't use Amesdan for anything but beilg Zayan's guinea pig anymore - we have no leverage over him (dammit, Rin) and thanks to Zayan's ministrations he personally hates us guts.

Of course we'd have to make it look like it was all Zayan's idea we can't look like the bad guy after all...
Paint an extra target on Zayan? Sure, why not... :roll:

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I'm all for cutting off the arms and legs of troublesome/possibly troublesome prisoners. As has been previously stated, should the need arise, we can regenerate their lost limbs at a later date.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Thinking that someone called the Golden Snake will be inconvenienced by the loss of limbs. :lol:

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Also, we're Evil. Remember. We need to work on mindcontrol. And break prisoners just to build them up as unquestioning servants later. At least prisoners such as this Snake, who has high thoughts of herself. We ought to grind her down to dust, then start from there. After extracting any and all useful information.

Thinking that someone called the Golden Snake will be inconvenienced by the loss of limbs. :lol:
Clearly we will need to magically bind chains to her skull and spine as well then. :M

You have ignited the codex's paranoia. There are no limits to the needless, hyper vigilant cruelty you have awakened.

lightbane

Arcane
I like how everyone assumes Erd will suddenly become so callous that not only will he start butchering his future prisoners (even if these are women), but that he'll do so with perfect precision and care so that they do not die from shock and/or blood loss. :lol:

For similar reasons, I believe training Aria and the goblins will become extremely lethal activities as well, now that losing a limb or two is merely a temporary inconvenience.

We have healing magic and we've already let Rin torture prisoners to death and murdered a group of innocent men that were assigned to Zayan. We can always regenerate her limbs later.

Nevill

Arcane
Also, we're Evil. Remember.
So far, we are just Petty, Lusty and Capricious. :M

While mind control sounds alluring, wouldn't it make more sense to devellop it first and then start grinding prisoners to dust and back?

I can't think of a situation where we would want to give a prisoner their limbs back if we do not have absolute control over them, through whatever means - be it hostages, spells or necromancy.

So far, we are just Petty, Lusty and Capricious
in fairness, most villains are. There are very few fictional villains that rise to the heights of true evil. Most are just a mix of petty, greedy or crazy.

Kipeci

Arcane
If she manages to escape in that state, we really deserve to let her go! I'm just picturing her bouncing around like a slinky with a mask. :lol:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The guy who would rather invent a spell to translate languages than learn them the normal way is not going to spend time in shitty gloomy dungeons psychologically moulding his prisoners into submission via intricate methods of torture instead of just hitting the books to come up with another spell, or even better, going to great lengths to get someone else more competent at the task to do all the interrogation work for him.

The guy who would rather invent a spell to translate languages than learn them the normal way is not going to spend time in shitty gloomy dungeons psychologically moulding his prisoners into submission via intricate methods of torture instead of just hitting the books to come up with another spell, or even better, going to great lengths to get someone else more competent at the task to do all the interrogation work for him.
"Rin, start chopping off her arms and legs until she talks. If she doesn't talk, then chop off her head and put it in this jar. Imma go read manga and take a nap. :M"

Last edited by a moderator:

lightbane

Arcane
If all else fails, we could try to do the unthinkable: paying her. Thanks to Erdrick's natural cheapskate traits, I'm sure he would have little trouble to convince the Snake about the REAL value of her skills. Besides, I don't remember how much money we have right now, but most likely we have several thousands of gold coins sitting around doing nothing.

Nevill

Arcane
I don't think she does it for money.

Think about it - why would someone like her even need money?

P-p-paying her?! Are you mad?! First we start paying her and then Rin and the others will want to get paid. Then there will be arguments over who gets payed more for what. After that we could even have a goblin union on our hands, striking and demanding vacation pay. "Pay her.", he says. Insanity.

Nevill

Arcane
After that we could even have a goblin union on our hands, striking and demanding vacation pay.
We will be paying those out of the money we make on selling the gobbos in Methussian slavery.

As a side effect, soon the ideas will spread across all Methuss, and the whole kingdom will go on a strike, its army and indusrty completely paralyzed. All we would have to do is lead the glorious revolution and overthrow the bourgeois monarchy.

It's a plan alright.

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
I don't think she does it for money.

Think about it - why would someone like her even need money?
Well, these coated poisons she uses aren't going to craft themselves, for not to mention their ingredients and lab equipment costs to brew these. Moreover, during the rare times she finds herself idle, it is quite possible she looks up Methuss' "official slavery catalogue" to check the newest additions brought to the slave market. Then, should he find a boy/man/girl that strikes her fancy, she buys them in order to have some "quality time" with her newest acquisitions, which again it is something it requires money.

But it's all a conjecture. For what we know she could stalk the poor districts at nighttime to both find someone to eat alive/entertain herself with and to spend as little as possible.

Still, I like your ideas that somehow paying a mercenary is going to make work/human rights to spontaneously appear, collapse the governments and to turn the goblins into greedy assholes. :lol:

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Well, these coated poisons she uses aren't going to craft themselves, for not to mention their ingredients and lab equipment costs to brew these.
The woman can persuade any man that the sky is green with but a few chemical ingredients. If she wanted to, she could swindle a merchant of his stock and he would only smile sheepishly as his sweetheart leaves the shop with jewelry sticking out of her pockets. Not to mention that with her talents she could leech off any rich noble she wishes.

When she has that kind of power, money lose their value. I suspect she is either doing this for fun, or for other reasons that aren't payment-related.

Esquilax

Arcane
So, you're saying that, if she goes back with us, we'll be getting free lapdances on demand?
:hmmm:
B voters, what do you have on that?

Well, it's not like we can get it up anyways. Kinda defeats the purpose of a lapdance.

Anyways, I find the thought of attempting to torture info out of her kind of pointless. She's not the one we're worried about, the person we're concerned most with is the Duke:

“I do not care much what you do with them, only that I cannot risk them reporting back now about what has happened here. The Duke is too preoccupied with the upcoming expedition to the Forest of Ruin that it will take time for him to move his resources to bear on Ontoglia. By that time I will be ready, and you will be amply rewarded.”

The game plan here, assuming that our femme fatale here is on our side for the moment, is to divert the Duke's attention long enough for our pal, the guv, to be ready for him. The Golden Snake will (again, assuming our risk-taking here works) feed him some choice bits of false information to buy us time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom