Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Spiral

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
B1

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Seiji is just a liiiiittle inbred. :M
:?:?:?

We know this 'world' we are in is a simulation run on a supercomputer. Since we are an external factor, can we change the course of the 'world' history by inputing new data and screwing the simulation up? And since it has some weird quantum mechanics backing it up, have it then override the real world?

Can we sire ourselves or kill our ancestors or do something equally weird and have it affect the reality?

:hmmm:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
It's not a simulation in a computer. :lol:

Anyway, theoretically possible according to IAE's papers but practically impossible. It would at least necessitate the world in the bubble completely replacing the 'real' world for it to stick.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Whaaaaaaaaaaat? You want to go to the shrine now? I thought your only interest was the mansion and not any of these...what did you call them? "Decorations" surrounding it. :roll:

Looks like I was right about people outside the mansion letting slip some information about the situation too.
What. A. Shock. :smug:

B1>C1

Nevill

Arcane
It's not a simulation in a computer. :lol:
More complex than that, sure. But the principle is the same - an array of data relating to a certain place over a certain time period. It is not reality, but an imitation of it, albeit a very detailed one.

Whether it is achieved through a computer or through supernatural means does not much matter.

It would at least necessitate the world in the bubble completely replacing the 'real' world for it to stick.
Even for the changes that are localized to the hospital? Say, if we dug up the gold and buried it elsewhere during the 'war era', would it still be there in 2014? How else did Tokigawa intend to get rich? He thought he could get it out somehow.

I wonder to what extent the 'world' allows the changes to persist...

Whaaaaaaaaaaat? You want to go to the shrine now? I thought your only interest was the mansion and not any of these...what did you call them? "Decorations" surrounding it. :roll:
The Baron and his wife are dead. They were the ones I wanted to talk to.

Since that source of information is closed now, I want to talk to the next of kin.
Looks like I was right about people outside the mansion letting slip some information about the situation too.
Only because nothing better is available. :M

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Even for the changes that are localized to the hospital? Say, if we dug up the gold and buried it elsewhere during the 'war era', would it still be there in 2014? How else did Tokigawa intend to get rich? He thought he could get it out somehow.

I wonder to what extent the 'world' allows the changes to persist...

I think you guys noticed more and more details of the outside world popping in through the first to fourth nights, right?

Nevill

Arcane
I think you guys noticed more and more details of the outside world popping in through the first to fourth nights, right?
Yes, but I don't understand its meaning. :negative:

It becomes closer and closer to the real world, which had files in cabinets, rain outside, and loads of corpses after the massacre. But what does it mean? We are closing in on the 'reality', but what will happen when we hit it? Will we drop dead? What about the others? I still don't know if they are truly alive. I mean, the last thing we've seen of Kayano and Mori was them struggling for a gun, and then they remembered nothing about it. Seiji's words sound plausible.

We want to change something, but I am at a loss about what exactly it is, or how.

And it does not help that we have no idea what happened between the Fourth and Fifth Nights.

Nevill

Arcane
Wait, WHAT?!
:what:

Fucking hell. Are we trying to override reality?!

Seiji is looking more magnificent than ever.

I mean, sure, I expected him to try and get a single life out of the bubble. Somehow. But to erase the world where she died instead... now, that's some delicious Insanity. :salute:

Now I know the reason I like him so much. I always wanted to play the Jihadist Senya that never accepted the reality of Kyrie's death.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Hm... the sentiment is something like that, but not quite. I probably shouldn't reveal everything here though. :M

Nevill

Arcane
No, don't. It looks like we still retain his body. That means the connection between us is still there and we will have more chances to stumble upon his plans. Hopefully, while it's not too late.

Damn it, I so regret that we are not able to hold a proper conversation with him. :negative:

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Nevill in Japan wealthy families that have no heir or believe that the heir is unsuitable tend to adopt. Its about the family name going on.

Kz3r0

Arcane
It looks like we've arrived too late. The ritual is done. All we can do is find clues as to what it was.
Should have been expected, Sakaguchi's ritual is the starting point of all this, this not being time travel doesn't allow us to go before the beginning of this world.

Nevill

Arcane
I was just discussing with Baltika what might happen if we tried to get together with imaginary waifus. I didn't expect... this.
:neveraskedforthis:
So, I propose the plan to introduce as many of our kids to the 'world' as possible, start a secret cult based on a bloodline, and have our progeny take over the world by the time the realities merge or the new one overrides the old. The earlier we start, the more resourses we'll have.:M

We must add filthy rich
We know the future for the next century, including the major playersm events, crisises. People would pay fortunes for that info.

Sakaguchi's ritual is the starting point of all this
I really hoped that would not be the case.

Last edited:

Kz3r0

Arcane
I think that this means that the simulation is crumbling/the ritual is wearing off.
Fucking hell. Are we trying to override reality?!
Don't believe in magick unless is Sciencemajifick.
Next step, pocket universes.

Nevill

Arcane
Next step, pocket universes.
Aren't we already in one? While we are dead in our own world, we exist here in an uncertain state between life and death.

I think that this means that the simulation is crumbling/the ritual is wearing off.
What threw me off from realizing the pocket universe is expanding was that the number of details grew not only on the outside, but on the inside as well. I thought the 'world' was being fleshed out, rather than growing outwards. So the city lights were just another detail to me.

Unless I am misunderstanding and it's not the expansion of the bubble that's happening, but its merging with the real world.

But if the 'simulation' becomes more detailed, why would it mean that the ritual weakens? Shouldn't it mean the exact opposite, that whatever has been started have gained a life of its own?

Last edited:

Kz3r0

Arcane
I really hoped that would not be the case.
If this is acomputer simulation centered on the Baron's experiments it's obvious that going beyond that is impossible, if is the results of the Baron's experiments is also obvious that we can't go beyond, the only way to go beyond would be through the Juunimon Tree I think.
Aren't we already in one? While we are dead in our own world, we exist here in an uncertain state between life and death.
Nope, if it's a simulation we can go the route of pocket universes, if is the spectral world it's just the other side of this universe, for now the two hypothesis seems to overlap but they are not one and the same.
But if the 'simulation' becomes more detailed, why would it mean that the ritual weakens? Shouldn't it mean the exact opposite, that whatever has been started have gained a life of its own?
Remember, Seiji hijacked the Experiment through pure magick, it's doubtful that the Experiment strenghtened to the point of overriding reality, it's more plausible that the spectral world is overtaking the simulation and the laws of the universe, both material and spiritual are 'correcting' the aberration produced by the Quantum Experiment and Seiji's meddling.

Nevill

Arcane
Codexians sure like their girls. :roll:

Where is this Maeda on the scale of hotness, anyway? And where are we on the scale of handsome manliness, for that matter?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Which Maeda?

Please provide the least and the most handsome manly man so that I can place Shinoseki on the scale.

Nevill

Arcane
This Maeda. Yukina-chan.

The full scale of manliness stretches from Zhang to zhang, but as far as this LP is concerned, from Mori to Taketatsu.

The handsomeness scale would go from Sawada to Juuzo. Wait, make that Maeda Keiji.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom