Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Spiral

a cut of domestic sheep prime

B begin at the beginning.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
  • Accommodation for visitors (available upon demand)
  • Award-winning Michelin star restaurant
  • Starbucks Coffee
  • Five-star bar (after 7:00 pm only)
  • 24 hour convenience store
  • Olympic-sized swimming pool
  • Full-fledged gymnasium
  • Banking facilities
  • Free, unlimited internet access at every corner of the hospital
  • Computer room
  • Laundrette facilities
  • Toilets, showers and changing facilities
Don't worry guys! I know how we are going to survive this!
We have alcohol to fight madness! Pop those wines!
:happytrollboy:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
That's the plan, and not every update will be accompanied by a track, but right now I'm still not sure how well it'll work. I'll see how it goes.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
I got goose bumps listening that track.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You walk alone down the deserted hallways, your footsteps echoing emptily off the pristine white walls. At times, the sound of an extra step seems to find its way into your ears, and at those times you stop uncertainly and listen.

But there is nothing. Nothing except the slight, constant hum of the lights. In the end, it could just be the acoustics of the empty building playing tricks on you.

And it is empty indeed: you see no signs of any other living being as you walk around the wards. 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211… all of these rooms, and the corridors connecting them, are devoid of life. Each of the placards at the doors of the wards are blank. All of the beds are cleanly made, ready to receive a patient, yet you see no one lying there. There are no nurses and no doctors. No misplaced trolleys or cups to indicate that anyone has been around. There are no open windows or windows that can be opened. When you switch on the computers, their screen flares to life, but there is nothing you can do with it except to stare at a black screen with a blinking cursor. The televisions only display soundless static and nothing else. There is nothing to find. Nothing, except for that single extra step from time to time, playing on your nerves.

The last ward lies before you. Ward 212, one of the VIP wards located on this floor. The door opens with a gentle creak, swinging back to allow you entry. This is a room with its own dedicated bathroom and a separate living area for guests, where comfortable couches face a large television. There is only a single bed in the ward.

The covers of the bed are pulled up fully, over a vague bulge that could be a sleeping person.

The bulge moves gently, slightly, up and down, as if breathing.

Suddenly, you hear footsteps walking – no, tottering past the door behind you, a pair of high heels making a loud and unsteady clacking noise. You whirl around to face the closed door, but just as you do so, you spot movement out of the corner of your eye.

When you turn back, the mysterious bulge has flattened. The bed is flat and cleanly made, as if it were never there. Had you just been imagining it? The footsteps too? Maybe. You are unsure. Just then, you notice something that had not been there before, at your feet.

It is a piece of a page that appears to be torn off from a magazine:

Urban Legends #12

The Crossroads of Omori

Without a doubt, one of the most fa us l nds in the gr ter Tok o ar a, the C hosp of ri is . It is ured that if you perform you w ll be able see your dep rt d lov one again

The print is smeared in places and illegible.

On the reverse side of the page someone has scribbled a single name in black ink.

Shinohara Seiji

From the handwriting, whoever did it must have been highly agitated.

Still nowhere closer to understanding why you are here, you leave the room after doing a cursory inspection. You have been in almost every room on this floor except the toilets – perhaps you will have to take a peek in there next. Down the corridor, on your right, is where you thought you had heard the footsteps vanishing towards. There is no one standing there... though you are not sure whether you would prefer if there was. From the floor plan, that route should end in another emergency staircase. The left leads you back to where you came.

There is a boy standing at the end of the left hallway. A girl is behind him. The both of them are wearing high school uniforms, though at this distance you cannot make out their features clearly. He seems to spot you, and after a moment’s hesitation, raises his arm and waves it strongly.

“Hey! Hey! You there! Can you hear me?” shouts the boy. There is a hint of joy in his voice. When you do not respond, he begins running towards you, waving all the while.

00:17

A. A sudden feeling of unease pervades your body. You have to wonder… who are they? Why would high schoolers be in this place… are they real, or are they something else? Perhaps it is better that you keep your distance for now, until you find out what is going on. You run away from him.

B. What a relief! You have finally met other people in this strange, desolate hospital. You greet them in a friendly manner. It is good to know that you aren’t alone here, and you are looking forward to talking with them.

C. You are feeling a bit uncomfortable at the boy’s strong approach. You do not seem to respond well in social situations, but on the other hand, it might not hurt to talk to them. Although you are sure the situation will be awkward, you attempt to strike up a conversation.

D. You do not trust them, but the most logical course of action right now would be to keep calm and see just who these people are. They do not appear to mean you any harm and you might be able to find out more information from them… you will take a calculated, measured approach in your dealings with these students.

E. You meet the boy’s approach with aggression. You do not take kindly to stupid kids running at you in such an impolite manner. Who does he think he is?

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
File: Urban Legends #12 (1)

Urban Legends #12

The Crossroads of Omori

Without a doubt, one of the most fa us l nds in the gr ter Tok o ar a, the C hosp of ri is . It is ured that if you perform

you w ll be able see your dep rt d lov one again

Fortun ly with the blessings of

Sing the

Then y u w ll

[The rest of the page is torn off]

[On the reverse side of the page someone has scribbled a single name in black ink]

Shinohara Seiji

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Just to clarify, playing the super-logical, calm and smart guy doesn't give you any considerable advantage here. It's mainly about what type of personality you want to begin building. The personality may change throughout the course of the LP, but first impressions (of yourself) are important after all.

tropic

Scholar
Voting A for paranoia.

This is a horror LP, sanity will get us nowhere.

Ifeex

Augur
Gonna attempt to decode part of this:

The Crossroads of Omori

Without a doubt, one of the most famous legends in the greater Tokyo area, the Crossroads (?) hospital (?) of Omori (?) is -bluh-. It is rumoured(/assured) (?) that if you perform -bluh-

you will be able see your departed loved one again -bluh-

Fortunately with the blessings of -bluh-

Sing the -bluh-

Then you will -bluh-

[The rest of the page is torn off]

[On the reverse side of the page someone has scribbled a single name in black ink]

Shinohara Seiji

Now, time for baseless theories:

I. We are Shinohara Seiji.
II. Shinohara Seiji is the hallucinatory "guy in bed", that hallucinatory "girl in high heels" tried to revive.
III. We are not in Ikei Medical University Hospital.
IV. The hospital is actually purgatory.
V. This is Corpse Party.
VI. Everyone here is already dead.

Also, in other news - I CAN NOW BROFIST. UNLIMITED POWAAHHH!

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Without a doubt, one of the most fa us l nds in the gr ter Tok o ar a, the C hosp of ri is . It is ured that if you perform
Also, I should probably mention that not being able to see how many spaces are there between the letters/words makes things harder to understand for us non-native speakers. :(

Unfortunately, the CODE tag doesn't seem to be working all that great, either.

Edit: thanks, Ifeex!

It is ured that if you perform
"rumoured"?

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Also, I should probably mention that not being able to see how many spaces are there between the letters/words makes things harder to understand for us non-native speakers. :(

Not sure why, but the formatting disappears when I post. Ifeex already got it right though. Well, most of it.

Esquilax

Arcane
"rumoured"?

No, "assured". It is assured that if you perform (if we perform "well", perhaps? Are we rats in a maze for somebody watching us?)... you will be able to see your departed loved ones again.

The passage has religious/cultist (?) undertones. Words like "blessings" and allusions to seeing our departed loved ones again seem to indicate that this is the case. "Departed" is a curious word to use - you generally say that someone is departed when they've died, not so much when they're not physically around you. I think that the word following "Sing the" is "praises", so the full passage there is Sing the praises, which is also a phrase that would be used in a religious context.

Anyways, I'm going to contradict myself here and opt for the Paranoid Incarnation rather than the Practical Incarnation. The Codexian voting bloc might be paranoid, but we have never had a paranoid character. And what better situation than this one to play as a mad, nervous wreck?

A

Elfberserker

Liturgist
I can't help, but feel have terrible deja vu here.
It's same kind of feeling when I watched LP Corpse party...

Anyway time for PEACE & HAPPINESS now!
B>A

Edit: Playing as paranoid guy is fine too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom